• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my honest opinion, none of his songs express better what I think about him singing without his falsettos than his Elton John's cover of "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues". Even loving his falsettos with all my heart, this song seems to scream "take a look at my stunning voice!!!". To die for. :wub2:

In my honestly opinion, none of his songs express better what I think about him singing without his falsettos than his Elton John's cover of "I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues". Even loving his falsettos with all my heart, this song seems to scream "take a look at my stunning voice!!!". To die for. :wub2:

:aah:

*goes to listening* I'm agree!

I love the Elton John cover too, but my favourite cover is "Satellite" which again shows the range of his voice to perfection

True! It's also one of my favs. But I don't hear it everyday... :aah:

Don't touch his falsetto:sneaky2: it's his trademark and it's lovely!:wub2:

I love his falsetto :wub2:

But I also love his lower voice when he sings

"he says follow the lord and the Lord'll be good

and then he started callin me son" ( Holy Johnny)

Do you remember? :naughty:

I love his falsetto :wub2:

But I also love his lower voice when he sings

"he says follow the lord and the Lord'll be good

and then he started callin me son" ( Holy Johnny)

Do you remember? :naughty:

Oooooh, for sure... :wub2:

We all like his falsetto, I guess. :dunno:

It's just that he is known for his falsetto instead of being known to have a wide vocal range. Less use of his falsetto would probably make the songs where he uses it a bit more special and a 'exploiting' his lower range would draw attention to his amazing baritione voice.

It's just that he is known for his falsetto instead of being known to have a wide vocal range. Less use of his falsetto would probably make the songs where he uses it a bit more special and a 'exploiting' his lower range would draw attention to his amazing baritione voice.

yes agree, I think his falsetto makes him special :wub2:

Yes, his voice is very beautiful and special even in the lower register. :wub2:

I was trying to be funny!:teehee:

He did mention in some interview that he was going to try out new vocal styles and techniques for the next album, so I'm pretty excited. I love his falsetto, but I love it even better when he sings a high note in his chest voice. He so often just switches to falsetto, even though he can reach the note in his chest voice. You know the way he sings "Better!" in "Kick-Ass?" Well yeah, that's his chest voice, and when he first started performing KA live, he would wimp out (for lack of a better term :naughty:) on that word and use his falsetto. Anyway, my point is that I'd like him to sing higher notes in his chest voice instead of falsetto. :pinkbow:

(I didn't know where else to post this so it would be in context, so I just quoted you, Sienna. Don't mind me. :bleh:)

He did mention in some interview that he was going to try out new vocal styles and techniques for the next album, so I'm pretty excited.

Did he really? I seem to have missed that interview. Do you remember if it was a video or an article? I am so happy to hear about this.:blush-anim-cl:

Anyway, my point is that I'd like him to sing higher notes in his chest voice instead of falsetto. :pinkbow:

veeeery good point.:biggrin2:

It's his trademark, but too much imo. Whenever I mention Mika, someone always says, "Oh yes, that's the bloke who sings high", and I say. "He CAN sing high, but his lower voice is to die for." But that's not what people seem to remember about Mika, so I'd love to hear him release more songs where at least the majority of the song is lower.

Archived