So how many people is working with his new album? :blink: How can he do all this at the same time?

Look at Adele's album and you'll see she's used many different writers and producers (Greg Wells even has a writing credit). I think it's normal these days. Adele has done an amazing job of keeping this album her own no matter who's worked on it and I'm sure Mika is capable of the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_(Adele_album)#Track_listing

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I was wondering if that means Jean Baptiste is working on Mika's track as well :dunno:

Yeah... i wonder it too... begging.gif

So how many people is working with his new album? :blink: How can he do all this at the same time?

Maybe he wants to hurry up and finish the album... so he works with all this people at the same time :dunno:

LOL

What I was saying is that I don't think Mika would ever appear *naked* in a vlog. :aah: I can imagine him doing a video where we would only see his face, and say "hi this is Mika and I'm naked. Bye"... :lmfao:

:roftl:

Yes I was wondering if that means Jean Baptiste is working on Mika's track as well :dunno:

Who is Jean Baptiste?

I love the name of the producer, so It'll be a great CD :aah:

:blink::roftl: Maybe you get a more relevant judgment if you listen to the songs he wrote and produced for Chris Brown and the Black Eyed Peas.

Actually, since William Orbit said earlier that he was also working with Chris Brown, it is possible that he is working on something for CB with Jean Baptise :dunno: (at least that's what I'd prefer :cool:)

Actually, since William Orbit said earlier that he was also working with Chris Brown, it is possible that he is working on something for CB with Jean Baptise :dunno: (at least that's what I'd prefer :cool:)

Oh yes I would prefer that too. Let's hope so :lmfao:

:blink::roftl: Maybe you get a more relevant judgment if you listen to the songs he wrote and produced for Chris Brown and the Black Eyed Peas.

It was just a joke (I love the name, that's true :aah:)

"Mika & Jean Baptiste

Jean Baptiste & Mika"

It sounds good! :biggrin2:

Has anyone done a roll call of all the collaborator names/hints we've now had for album #3? I was trying to think of the ones I've seen so far and have been trying to piece them all together to hazard a guess at what direction the album will take. It's not easy :naughty:.

The Carpenters and The Cardigans - Sweden (Robyn?) - William Orbit -Jean "Boom Boom Pow!" Baptiste - Greg Wells - Dan Wilson - Jodi Marr (?)

Have I missed any? I'm sure I have. :blink:

I've decided I don't mind what direction the album takes as long as it does have some kind of uniformity of style, some kind of 'sound' and identity. Looking back on TBWKTM, if I have one major criticism, it's that it was a little too much of a hotch-potch. I'd like to hear a more cohesive album now. Mika himself will be the thread that brings all these collaborations together and as someone has already said (I forget who, sorry) he has enough talent and idiosyncrasy to do that and stamp his own unique mark on it, in the way Adele has done with her album.

Other than that, I'm trying not to think too much about the whole thing. I want to be really pleasantly surprised or hopefully even blown away, but if I'm not, at least I won't have spent months (many months :teehee:) building up to it...

Has anyone done a roll call of all the collaborator names/hints we've now had for album #3? I was trying to think of the ones I've seen so far and have been trying to piece them all together to hazard a guess at what direction the album will take. It's not easy :naughty:.

The Carpenters and The Cardigans - Sweden (Robyn?) - William Orbit -Jean "Boom Boom Pow!" Baptiste - Greg Wells - Dan Wilson - Jodi Marr (?)

I've decided I don't mind what direction the album takes as long as it does have some kind of uniformity of style, some kind of 'sound' and identity. Looking back on TBWKTM, if I have one major criticism, it's that it was a little too much of a hotch-potch. I'd like to hear a more cohesive album now. Mika himself will be the thread that brings all these collaborations together and as someone has already said (I forget who, sorry) he has enough talent and idiosyncrasy to do that and stamp his own unique mark on it, in the way Adele has done with her album.

Other than that, I'm trying not to think too much about the whole thing. I want to be really pleasantly surprised or hopefully even blown away, but if I'm not, at least I won't have spent months (many months :teehee:) building up to it...

Lady Meeks posted that on the Spanish Thread

Dan Wilson:

Working on two new songs I wrote with Mika. He scoffs at Facebook and Twitter, so I'll tell you. This new album he's working on is going to be amazing.

He came to Montreal on two occasions: one he apparently did something with/for Nikka Yanofksy for her album and no clue about the other time, but she was not in Montreal so I guess it was for his album not hers:wink2:

He came to Montreal on two occasions: one he apparently did something with/for Nikka Yanofksy for her album and no clue about the other time, but she was not in Montreal so I guess it was for his album not hers:wink2:

Where did I hear something about Empire of the Sun? :dunno:

A possible collaboration or something else.. I can't remember :doh:

Was that not a tweet?

Look at Adele's album and you'll see she's used many different writers and producers (Greg Wells even has a writing credit). I think it's normal these days. Adele has done an amazing job of keeping this album her own no matter who's worked on it and I'm sure Mika is capable of the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_(Adele_album)#Track_listing

I think you are right girls, I just don't know record making process well enough, so I already felt confused. How can he work with so many people and with so many different songs at the same time... He sure is quite a multitasker :roftl: And he seems to have a clear vision of this album.

Do we already know if Jean Babtiste is connected to Mika's new music or if is he just someone William Orbit mentioned? (Hm, why did he mention him at the same sentence.. :aah:)

Was that not a tweet?

Yes, from Evan the intern, on late Feb :teehee:

Empire of the Sun and Mika in the studio playing synths through guitar amps and making circus music.

Yes, from Evan the intern, on late Feb :teehee:

Empire of the Sun and Mika in the studio playing synths through guitar amps and making circus music.

I assumed that was for one of the "other projects." He did say he was working on several things.

Was that not a tweet?

I forgot about the Montreal thing. And I must have missed the EOTS snippet completely.

I think you are right girls, I just don't know record making process well enough, so I already felt confused. How can he work with so many people and with so many different songs at the same time... He sure is quite a multitasker :roftl: And he seems to have a clear vision of this album.

If we know anything about Mika we know he likes to have creative control and is quite single minded in his vision when it comes to his work, so I think it's safe to say he will have the last word on how the album turns out..to put it mildly :naughty:. I think it's very healthy, though, if he is able to harness others' talents too and really make collaboration work for him. There's no shame in collaboration, especially these days. Everyone does it to some extent or other.

Also, I think it would be good for him to have other producers other than Greg involved. Greg's great, and they obviously work fantastically well together, but in my opinion some totally fresh, new production input would be very beneficial to Mika now. Not to say that he shouldn't still be working with Greg (it seems he is, anyway) for the majority of the time.

I trust Mika to make the right decisions with his music. Not sure I trust his record label or publicity machine or whatever so much, any more, but it remains to be seen what will happen there :sneaky2:.

I've decided I don't mind what direction the album takes as long as it does have some kind of uniformity of style, some kind of 'sound' and identity. Looking back on TBWKTM, if I have one major criticism, it's that it was a little too much of a hotch-potch. I'd like to hear a more cohesive album now.Mika himself will be the thread that brings all these collaborations together and as someone has already said (I forget who, sorry) he has enough talent and idiosyncrasy to do that and stamp his own unique mark on it, in the way Adele has done with her album.

I fully agree with you (that's no surprise at all: I noticed we usually have similar opinion on musical topics :teehee:).

I also think the second album lacked the cohesion the first one had - that's why I usually compare it to a Greatest Hits compilation where every song is a (potential) hit single but nothing is binding them together.

I like the wait and the guessing, actually, although I don't think too much into what he says otherwise I would have been put off already by the mere mention of The Carpenters combined with Glee. :blink::roftl:

Also, I think it would be good for him to have other producers other than Greg involved. Greg's great, and they obviously work fantastically well together, but in my opinion some totally fresh, new production input would be very beneficial to Mika now. Not to say that he shouldn't still be working with Greg (it seems he is, anyway) for the majority of the time.

Yes. I think it is healthy for him to work with other producers, too, without leaving Greg entirely.

I fully agree with you (that's no surprise at all: I noticed we usually have similar opinion on musical topics :teehee:).

I also think the second album lacked the cohesion the first one had - that's why I usually compare it to a Greatest Hits compilation where every song is a (potential) hit single but nothing is binding them together.

I wonder what made him choose exactly those songs for TBWKTM (he had a large group of songs) and I also wonder what made him choose the songs he did at concerts. Why did he decide to forget One Foot Boy? And why to leave some other songs out even he did slower songs behinds his piano, even OMS (and I don't complain, I love OMS :wub2:, I just wonder).

I like the wait and the guessing, actually, although I don't think too much into what he says otherwise I would have been put off already by the mere mention of The Carpenters combined with Glee. :blink::roftl:

:shocked: I don't remember any mention of the dreaded Glee :teehee:. Please let that be a joke.

Archived