It's his trademark, but too much imo. Whenever I mention Mika, someone always says, "Oh yes, that's the bloke who sings high", and I say. "He CAN sing high, but his lower voice is to die for." But that's not what people seem to remember about Mika, so I'd love to hear him release more songs where at least the majority of the song is lower.

yes,and also stupid people ALWAYS associate falsetto to "gay",no matter who is singing... and still,in 2011 those stupid people ALWAYS use the word "gay" as an insult,so the convers go like:

me: you know Mika?

stupid: yes,that gay who sings high.... :shun:

me: :boxed::sneaky2:

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes,and also stupid people ALWAYS associate falsetto to "gay",no matter who is singing... and still,in 2011 those stupid people ALWAYS use the word "gay" as an insult,so the convers go like:

:lmfao:

You love talks, don't you, Rosa? :floor:

Yes, I agree... The way he sings "better" in 'Kick Ass' is... DELICIOUS.

Btw, I love the way he played 'Rain' in LIPDP because of the way his voice sounds and the deep it is. Ok, I accept he's not an opera singer any more:shun:, but I still love it:wub2:.

Did he really? I seem to have missed that interview. Do you remember if it was a video or an article? I am so happy to hear about this.:blush-anim-cl:

veeeery good point.:biggrin2:

think it was in a video from one of the French festivals last summer.

think it was in a video from one of the French festivals last summer.

Thank you.

Hmmm.... I must have missed it because it was in French. That's why it is good to read all the news and music&artwork threads - this way you can't miss anything important.:teehee:

Yes, when they've commented on his singing high, they always add. "He's gay isn't he!" and I always say. "So what if he is? Why would that matter anyway?"

Morons!!!!

Also i'm looking forward to his 3rd album sooooo much! :fangurl:

Maybe it's gonna have a Tim Burton feel to it (as he says it's gonna be much darker)! :)

I don't mind if he does a duet with Lady GaGa- but they both have VERY different voices, and sing VERY different songs :blink:

Everyone remembers his falsetto when they think about him, now it's time everyone remembered him for his great new songs.

It's just that he is known for his falsetto instead of being known to have a wide vocal range. Less use of his falsetto would probably make the songs where he uses it a bit more special and a 'exploiting' his lower range would draw attention to his amazing baritione voice.

I totally agree with you, Suzie

Nothing to add to those 2 points :thumb_yello:

Less use of his falsetto would probably make the songs where he uses it a bit more special and a 'exploiting' his lower range would draw attention to his amazing baritione voice.

Anyway, my point is that I'd like him to sing higher notes in his chest voice instead of falsetto. :pinkbow:

I'd love to hear him release more songs where at least the majority of the song is lower.

I think his vocals work best when all the elements of his voice are used without one dominating. I love the way he can sing perfect baritone and then flip up an octave effortlessly, whether that's chest voice or falsetto. What they tend to call 'vocal gymnastics' I suppose. Too much falsetto in a song can sound forced, and especially when singing live. Mixing it up gives maximum impact.

Yes, falsetto is what he's known for, and although it can be annoying that many still only see him as a screecher, back in 2007 it was his USP and if it weren't for that he probably wouldn't have broken through as quickly as he did. It's always going to be his trademark, whether we like it or not :naughty:.

Also i'm looking forward to his 3rd album sooooo much! :fangurl:

Maybe it's gonna have a Tim Burton feel to it (as he says it's gonna be much darker)! :)

I don't mind if he does a duet with Lady GaGa- but they both have VERY different voices, and sing VERY different songs :blink:

I would like everyone to hear his deep voice , it's amazing. I think A duet with Gaga is a great idea ! I'd love to hear how that'd sound , specially if gaga sang the chorus.

I would like everyone to hear his deep voice , it's amazing. I think A duet with Gaga is a great idea ! I'd love to hear how that'd sound , specially if gaga sang the chorus.

Imagine Rihanna, GaGa and MIKA singing all together (a song composed by MIKA, of course). That would be heaven!!! (for me, at least:wub2:)

I love his deep voice!!! Lady Gaga would do great on the chorus plus Mika's deep sexy voice ;) OHHHHH SO EXCITED!!!!

Imagine Rihanna, GaGa and MIKA singing all together (a song composed by MIKA, of course). That would be heaven!!! (for me, at least:wub2:)

I'd rather listen to Mika duetting with George Michael:mf_lustslow::wub2::mf_lustslow:

I agree that a duet would be pretty cool, but if it's a Mika song, why would she sing the chorus? choruses are usually the parts that get stuck in people's heads - if it was just her singing it, when they're talking about the song they may just assume it's a Lady Gaga song! :aah: Mika should sing the chorus, or both, but not just her. :aah:

I agree that a duet would be pretty cool, but if it's a Mika song, why would she sing the chorus? choruses are usually the parts that get stuck in people's heads - if it was just her singing it, when they're talking about the song they may just assume it's a Lady Gaga song! :aah: Mika should sing the chorus, or both, but not just her. :aah:

I think that Jaya meant backward vocals. That would be great... Mika's voice over GaGa's backward vocals...

Actually, I don't think I would be that excited about his duets. I prefer to listen to "pure" Mika.

But as for the high voice, I agree with people here. His low voice is stunning, he really should better use it more often.

:thumb_yello: They'd be nice, but not as good as just Mika himself - alone he gets to shine like the star he is. :wub2:

No star seems as bright when it's surrounded closely by others.:teehee:

Actually, I don't think I would be that excited about his duets. I prefer to listen to "pure" Mika.

But as for the high voice, I agree with people here. His low voice is stunning, he really should better use it more often.

I prefer "pure" Mika too, lol, not so excited about duets, any duets. I actually fell in love with his falsetto voice, but his low voice is beautiful and so soft :wub2:

Archived