loved reading the original, and now i also don't have the feeling anymore that he was drunk while writing this... :naughty: but just his adorable self. :wub2: btw, i noticed that there were some of his usual spelling mistakes in that article, didn't notice those in the other original texts - maybe his proofreader was on holiday? :teehee: anyway, i love it, cause it's so typical for him. :wub2:

So is the original version available now? I cannot see it on the first page.

I thought it was only English translation (by google, translated from Italian that was translated from the original) available at the moment still..:blink:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanx for that, i should've tried an english-english dictionary instead of english-german, you're right, this explains it a lot better. :thumb_yello: so i guess it's like i thought from the context, kind as part of your personality, nice as just a superficial behaviour. we don't have different words for that in german, so no surprise that the dictionary couldn't help me. :teehee:

You're welcome :). I don't think I have different words for that either:naughty: No dictionary can ever really help when it comes to what crosses Mika's mind. But then, we all agree with him anyway:roftl: and understand him perfectly.

oh woah!!! thank you very much,now i perfectly understand it!! :huglove:

That makes me really happy! :huglove:

So is the original version available now? I cannot see it on the first page.

I thought it was only English translation (by google, translated from Italian that was translated from the original) available at the moment still..:blink:

you caught me! :aah:

I'll do it immediately :naughty:

EDIT: done!

Edited by robertina

http://videodrome-xl.blogautore.repubblica.it/2011/01/12/mika-pop-up-2/

. . . Resolution Number FOUR; Find A Henchman. Ok so this is a bit of a continuation of number three but still merits its own resolution. I want a chinese looking, quiet and elegant, quite small gentleman, in a suit and tie, preferably in his mid thirties, to follow me around, everywhere. He shouldn’t say too much but must have a doctorate in something obscure, like the behaviour of a subspecies of amazonian red ant. He will be my confidant, the other part of my brain, my filter to people I cross. He will frighten the seedy and reassure the wise.

Aplications welcome . . .

ant_avatar_by_quadraro-d35smdo.gif

Edited by A. Clay

Thanks for the link!! :flowers2:

Awww, finally the original... Everything makes so much more sense now, I think it's fantastic we can see the original too :thumb_yello:

I love this article, it's so random :naughty: And the nice-kind explanation is so Mika :wub2:

Must read it again !

Thanks for the link ladies ;-)

Henchman?

Does he think he's a Bond villain?

LOL!

It sounds like he wants someone like the guy who Diddy had following him around, the guy who always had an umbrella handy whatever the weather. I guess he was Diddys butler

A very amusing and enlightening column this month, moved me to write a comment, longer than I usually would. It was a very interesting column this month.

IN MY OPINION, The difference between Nice and Kind is that being nice is more obvious, but it doesn't necessarily make you a good person, it is only about the appearance and how you know to behave with other people, whereas being kind means having and sharing positive feelings, and it is more about how you are, not how you act.

(did that make any sense? :blush-anim-cl:, sorry about my swamp English:biggrin2:)

Thank you for your long and interesting explanation!:wink2:

What I would like to know is how you native English spoken people tell the difference between nice and kind, in an everyday manner?

Would you say nice is polite and kind is good?

Maybe some nice and kind wizard would find its way in here clear it up for us curious strangers?:wink2:

Thanks for the link ladies ;-)

Henchman?

Does he think he's a Bond villain?

LOL!

It sounds like he wants someone like the guy who Diddy had following him around, the guy who always had an umbrella handy whatever the weather. I guess he was Diddys butler

A very amusing and enlightening column this month, moved me to write a comment, longer than I usually would. It was a very interesting column this month.

or maybe he's just thinking of....JOHN? :naughty:

It sounds like he wants someone like the guy who Diddy had following him around, the guy who always had an umbrella handy whatever the weather.

No, I think he actually would prefer he had one with brains rather than muscles. Hence the reference to the doctorate. He simply wishes to have someone who would filter everyone wanting to get close to him.

Yes, doesn't he already have one? :wink2: The guy who's name I don't know but who was walking behind him carrying his coat when he went in to the French wax-museum? He always seems to be by his side carrying and doing stuff for him and never says a word!:naughty:

What I would like to know is how you native English spoken people tell the difference between nice and kind, in an everyday manner?

Maybe some nice and kind wizard would find its way in here clear it up for us curious strangers?:wink2:

In essence, yes. Nice is something you are because that's how you're expected to be, and kind is what you want to be because it makes you and/or others happy.

:lmfao:

Just read the article... :lmfao:

Think he was maybe drunk when he wrote it :aah: Am hoping a picture of him in the catsuit makes its way here :mf_rosetinted:

I didn't think there was much of a difference between kind and nice :lmfao: I suppose being kind is probably more sincere then being nice, as when you're being nice you're doing it more to be polite and when you're being kind, you really want to help or be nice ( :aah: ) to someone because you want to help them rather than to make yourself look good. Basically what Mika said :aah: confusing :aah:

By the way, that was said with kindness, I'm not being nice :mf_rosetinted:

EDIT: sorry if I confused anyone, Nezza explained it far more simply than me :aah:

Edited by kate2310

Well in America we use Kind as polite, and we use nice as both polite and enjoyable. It can be used either way. Hope that clears it up for you :)

I am not a native speaker but in my interpretation, the difference is that being nice mainly shows "on the surface" - ie. you smile and sign the 100th autograph even though you feel like s**t inside.

When you are kind, that refers to your attitude that comes from within yourself. You are tolerant, generous and understanding. So when you come out and see 100 people waiting for your autograph, you try to understand them with an open mind but might decide not to do the signings, anyway...ie. politely tell them that you are too tired :roftl:)

Edited by suzie

In essence, yes. Nice is something you are because that's how you're expected to be, and kind is what you want to be because it makes you and/or others happy.

So, approximately what I thought then, thanks!:wink2:

I didn't think there was much of a difference between kind and nice :lmfao: I suppose being kind is probably more sincere then being nice, as when you're being nice you're doing it more to be polite and when you're being kind, you really want to help or be nice ( :aah: ) to someone because you want to help them rather than to make yourself look good. Basically what Mika said :aah: confusing :aah:

By the way, that was said with kindness, I'm not being nice :mf_rosetinted:

EDIT: sorry if I confused anyone, Nezza explained it far more simply than me :aah:

:roftl:Good to know!

Well in America we use Kind as polite, and we use nice as both polite and enjoyable. It can be used either way. Hope that clears it up for you :)

Oh yeah, at least until I go to the US!:roftl:

I am not a native speaker but in my interpretation, the difference is that being nice mainly shows "on the surface" - ie. you smile and sign the 100th autograph even though you feel like s**t inside.

When you are kind, that refers to your attitude that comes from within yourself. You are tolerant, generous and understanding. So when you come out and see 100 people waiting for your autograph, you try to understand them with an open mind (but might decide not to do the signings, anyway :roftl:)

As the nice and kind wizard he is!:wub2:

No, I think he actually would prefer he had one with brains rather than muscles. Hence the reference to the doctorate. He simply wishes to have someone who would filter everyone wanting to get close to him.

No, not the bodyguards.

There was, I don't know if he still works for him, a guy who did everything Diddy wanted, I think his name was Bently or something quite posh like that.

I saw an interview with him once, quite an intelligent guy.

Yes, doesn't he already have one? :wink2: The guy who's name I don't know but who was walking behind him carrying his coat when he went in to the French wax-museum? He always seems to be by his side carrying and doing stuff for him and never says a word!:naughty:

Wasn't that Ian, his manager?

O magari è inteso come qualcuno che ti segue senza esitazione uno che è totalmente soggiogato da te o mentalmente brainwashato? Su wordreference lo traduce come seguace...come concetto ci sta...

Esatto... "scagnozzo" o "seguace"... valletto non ce lo vedo proprio come traduzione

Henchman is an obedient or unscrupulous follower so the italian translation "Valletto" isn't right

Agreed! :thumb_yello:

The translation was not at all accurate like the other this time!

Here you can see the real insane mind of this man at work! :aah:

And the "Nota Benne" at the end? :teehee: I don't know how it is in english but it's used to give more importantance to a particular sentence ;)