Actually I remember reading some comments where doubt was expressed if Mika actually wrote his column, but I don't think it was in this thread :dunno: (It may even have been meant as a joke).

I don't know how anyone could think he doesn't write it himself. :naughty:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually I remember reading some comments where doubt was expressed if Mika actually wrote his column, but I don't think it was in this thread :dunno: (It may even have been meant as a joke).

Of course Mika wrote this:thumb_yello: Who else would come up with such crazy and funny ideas...he's one of a kind :wub2: and he keeps us smiling and happy:biggrin2:

Thanks for posting the whole translated article, you rock! :bow::clap:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

I remember some talk about whether the latest column was overly edited or not edited at all, and as you say it was mostly joking around since who else would use the word "bombfire" :lmfao:. I have never seen anyone on MFC express "serious doubts" in order to "discredit Mika" and claim that he did not write his articles.

That's why I think if anyone sincerely believes that they should address the comments in question to clear up the misunderstanding instead of coming in here weeks later to make accusations against unnamed people and confuse others who may believe they've missed something and these things are being said when they're not.

Otherwise it looks like plain old sh*tstirring to me.

Of course Mika wrote this:thumb_yello: Who else would come up with such crazy and funny ideas...he's one of a kind :wub2: and he keeps us smiling and happy:biggrin2:

Thanks for posting the whole translated article, you rock! :bow::clap:

I totally agree. Thanks soooo much for posting the article and your translation until we receive the original.

thanx nezza and christine! :flowers2:

i wonder if he was drunk when he wrote this. :roftl: the bit about his start into 2011 surely can't be true, we know by know that he writes those articles 1-2 months before they are released. :teehee: but it indeed might have happened to him at some point of his life of course. :naughty:

as always, can't wait to read the original version :biggrin2:

Exactly what I thought when I read it :naughty:

try the .pdf scan

Thanks for posting, Robi! :flowers2:

And thanks for the initial attempts at translation. :thumb_yello:

Even though my Italian is rusty, I think I get some other things out of this... but

it's probably safer to wait for the "official" version before I make any

comments. :naughty:

I remember some talk about whether the latest column was overly edited or not edited at all, and as you say it was mostly joking around since who else would use the word "bombfire" :lmfao:. I have never seen anyone on MFC express "serious doubts" in order to "discredit Mika" and claim that he did not write his articles.

yes, that is how I remember it as well and I usually read most comments on this thread, particularly right after any blog is out. Sometimes I find that in certain cases there are misunderstandings becasue some fans' English is not good enough to understand subtle differences in the meaning of words and phrases.

I also agree that if anyone has any doubts about the meaning of some people's posts, it should be clarified right there. I had similar experience once when I doubted the meaning and the purpose of someone's "funny" post so I pressed until the person actually admitted they had no reason to say the words they did in that comment and just said it for 'fun'.:blink:

So yes, it is best to clarify. I think we all believe Mika writes these columns and that is exactly why everyone is so excited before any new issue of the magazine is out :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by suzie

Thanx for the column and the translations!!

And now,first of all,I want to apologize to bother all of you who are not interested in what i´m gonna say,but I need to do it…

Many posts ago,leire was commenting about some fans being mean with mika and those fans wanted to discredit mika. I feel obliged to talk about this cause I feel pointed up. It´s true,I don´t remember when,if it was the second column but it sounded to me quite odd,nothing to do with mika,and yes,I said THAT I THOUGHT he was helped,that he didn´t write it by his own. But,let me tell you all,EVERY WRITERS USE TO BE HELPED WTH THEIR CREATIONS as you can see reading the part when they say “thanks to”. Have I been disrespectful?? I don´t think so,I was just giving my opinion.

If you read all the columns in the English version you all can notice the the style change from one to others… maybe it´s the editor as someone said,I don´t know…

Anyway, i´m glad I belong to this community when all of us know each other. I´ve met lots of members here in real life,others in messenger,and I think we know who we are. People can say i´m not funny,or i´m not cool,or i´m… well,I don´t know,but hey I´M REAL!! many of you know me,i´ve spent the last year here,almost everyday,and you know my way of thinking.you know i´m proud of MFC and i´m proud of being an MFCer. First of all I admire mika for the human being he is and i´m gonna still being his fan. I don´t want to argue with anyone,i´ve never argued with anyone in real life and of course I don´t want to do it in a forum where all the people is here for the same reason: we all love mika and what he represents,so…..

To finish I want to say for the 876982769876 time that MY ENGLISH S*CKS and sometimes I may sound odd,but it´s not my intention….

I really want this discussion to finish,so I felt obliged to post this…..

Thanx for the column and the translations!!

And now,first of all,I want to apologize to bother all of you who are not interested in what i´m gonna say,but I need to do it…

Many posts ago,leire was commenting about some fans being mean with mika and those fans wanted to discredit mika. I feel obliged to talk about this cause I feel pointed up. It´s true,I don´t remember when,if it was the second column but it sounded to me quite odd,nothing to do with mika,and yes,I said THAT I THOUGHT he was helped,that he didn´t write it by his own. But,let me tell you all,EVERY WRITERS USE TO BE HELPED WTH THEIR CREATIONS as you can see reading the part when they say “thanks to”. Have I been disrespectful?? I don´t think so,I was just giving my opinion.

If you read all the columns in the English version you all can notice the the style change from one to others… maybe it´s the editor as someone said,I don´t know…

Anyway, i´m glad I belong to this community when all of us know each other. I´ve met lots of members here in real life,others in messenger,and I think we know who we are. People can say i´m not funny,or i´m not cool,or i´m… well,I don´t know,but hey I´M REAL!! many of you know me,i´ve spent the last year here,almost everyday,and you know my way of thinking.you know i´m proud of MFC and i´m proud of being an MFCer. First of all I admire mika for the human being he is and i´m gonna still being his fan. I don´t want to argue with anyone,i´ve never argued with anyone in real life and of course I don´t want to do it in a forum where all the people is here for the same reason: we all love mika and what he represents,so…..

To finish I want to say for the 876982769876 time that MY ENGLISH S*CKS and sometimes I may sound odd,but it´s not my intention….

I really want this discussion to finish,so I felt obliged to post this…..

Hey Rosa, at least I'm here to hear your opinion as I always used to.:wink2:

You don't need to be sorry about anything IMO cos to be honest I don't recall if you was questioning about the authenticity of Mika column at all :dunno:

Each writer makes their texts/books on their own, so probably does he and he is entitled to have someone who will help him with some stylistic solutions or give him some advice about the topic. But I think he usually chooses it himself.

Mika has been changing his style from blog to blog, or from column to column (humorous, ironical, lyrical, grotesque, sometime weird and sometimes very serious), which has been caused by the subject of writting and his attitude toward it,and sometimes it depended of his mood as well.

I think he's a very creative and has a genuine writer nerve which is a quality that only a few performes have today. :biggrin2:

Got it, read it, wondered and laughed!

I'll wait the original english version too before say anything, trying to understand better what the hell is goin on in this man insane mind :D

Hey Rosa, at least I'm here to hear your opinion as I always used to.:wink2:

You don't need to be sorry about anything IMO cos to be honest I don't recall if you was questioning about the authenticity of Mika column at all :dunno:

Each writer makes their texts/books on their own, so probably does he and he is entitled to have someone who will help him with some stylistic solutions or give him some advice about the topic. But I think he usually chooses it himself.

Mika has been changing his style from blog to blog, or from column to column (humorous, ironical, lyrical, grotesque, sometime weird and sometimes very serious), which has been caused by the subject of writting and his attitude toward it,and sometimes it depended of his mood as well.

I think he's a very creative and has a genuine writer nerve which is a quality that only a few performes have today. :biggrin2:

oh thank you,but still,language is a big problem to me to explain things... we are like 300.000 fans and i´m sure each of us has her/his own opinion about EVERYTHING... and that is fantastic,that is what makes this forum a funny place to be in. but still,i don´t see which is the problem... mika was sometimes helped with his songs,wasn´t he?? and he IS a songwriter,not a column writer,that´s why i thought he could be helped with that,in the same way he was helped by jodie in his songs :dunno:

i think he´s very creative in everything he does,and i like it. and by the way.... this last column is very mikaish... it reminds me of his drunk tweets... :aah: :aah:

oh thank you,but still,language is a big problem to me to explain things... we are like 300.000 fans and i´m sure each of us has her/his own opinion about EVERYTHING... and that is fantastic,that is what makes this forum a funny place to be in. but still,i don´t see which is the problem... mika was sometimes helped with his songs,wasn´t he?? and he IS a songwriter,not a column writer,that´s why i thought he could be helped with that,in the same way he was helped by jodie in his songs :dunno:

i think he´s very creative in everything he does,and i like it. and by the way.... this last column is very mikaish... it reminds me of his drunk tweets... :aah: :aah:

maybe this is his first drunk column :mf_rosetinted:

I get what you're talking about. Yes, Jodie has helped him with some lyrics...It' ok in this kind of work.

There's no problem at all as far as I'm concerned, but I'd really like to see the original article cos, like Lucrezia said, many nunaces could have been lost or changed their meaning in the translation.:thumb_yello:

maybe this is his first drunk column :mf_rosetinted:

That's why I'd like to see the original to make myself sure that it's not his first one :aah:

Edited by Shine

I totally don't see why it would be disrespectful to assume that Mika had 'help' with his columns. I think every article undergoes some sort of editing in the process, before a final version is published. :dunno:

When it comes to the choice of topic, well, I have my own thoughts about that. Some of the subjects seem a bit forced to me. Not necessarily imposed on him by the magazine (or is it a newspaper?), but maybe born from the wish to be taken (more) seriously (as a columnist, as a writer, in general? I don't know...).

From what we have as a re-translation so far, I must say that, however, this last article comes closest to what I would expect and what I would like to read by him. (Apart from the abandoned art blogs, but alas, those times are gone :naughty:)

Political activist Mika kinda bores me. I have plenty of unpleasant topics in my real life, so when I come here I'm actually looking for something else than well thought-out, rhetorically refined essays about deplorable circumstances in politics/society/church...

I suppose, this is JUST ME. :naughty:

I totally don't see why it would be disrespectful to assume that Mika had 'help' with his columns. I think every article undergoes some sort of editing in the process, before a final version is published. :dunno:

When it comes to the choice of topic, well, I have my own thoughts about that. Some of the subjects seem a bit forced to me. Not necessarily imposed on him by the magazine (or is it a newspaper?), but maybe born from the wish to be taken (more) seriously (as a columnist, as a writer, in general? I don't know...).

From what we have as a re-translation so far, I must say that, however, this last article comes closest to what I would expect and what I would like to read by him. (Apart from the abandoned art blogs, but alas, those times are gone :naughty:)

Political activist Mika kinda bores me. I have plenty of unpleasant topics in my real life, so when I come here I'm actually looking for something else than well thought-out, rhetorically refined essays about deplorable circumstances in politics/society/church...

not at all!!! :mf_rosetinted:

I think every article undergoes some sort of editing in the process, before a final version is published. :dunno:

Exactly, that's why magazines have EDITORS. :teehee:

I found the thoughts in the last article didn't flow as well as even Mika's own blogs do so it did occur to me that perhaps someone at the magazine was overzealous or maybe there were just simply some errors made before it was thrown up on the site, which could easily happen if one of the typesetters (or whatever you'd call them in the digital age) is not a fluent English speaker.

I was a typesetter at a newspaper and the articles went through several people from author to print, starting with me. I could (and did) change anything I wanted to and I wasn't even an editor.

No it's not just you. :naughty: