The birdie Tshirt and other weird clothing thread

willywonka

I simply love mika in anything, wierd or not...:mikadas:

Wait what you will say in a year or two :naughty: You're still a honeymooner (which I kinda envy :fisch: )

Yes, I love Mika in everything, too, and I've been following him more than a year or two. :wink2: But I think this has nothing to do with how much we love him. It's just about finding some articles of clothing or some of his "looks" more visually appealing than others. :dunno:

For example, I LOVE the birdie t-shirt that started this whole thread, but I have definitely seen Mika wearing a few things that have made me think :jawdrop:

Would anyone object if we had a thread about how awesome Mika's style is?

You mean we DON'T? :shocked:

:naughty:

I will always stand by what DreamyQ says about the honeymoon phase because I have been on both sides of it. It's very much like being in love with someone and that early phase when everything they do is cute and amazing. I have never met anyone in my life who thinks what every random person on the planet says and does is amazing. We all make positive and negative judgements about people and when you're in love you are more immune to the negative. Some people are lucky and they will never fall out of love but for others just hearing your partner chew their food could make you homicidal once the honeymoon is over. :naughty:

OMG you've been listening to my husband, haven't you? After 31 years, the way he chews his food is just driving me :insane:

But OTOH I still think everything my son does and says is amazing. :wub2: So I know I have the capacity to stay "in love" like that forever. At least, so far.

I hope for everyone that the Mika honeymoon never wears off and for some it won't. But I think in the majority of cases it will and suddenly goofy hats will just look goofy and not adorable anymore. (This is just my own example based on my experience and tastes, I'm not saying you have to be smitten to like hats.)

I know you and I differ on this -- I am still much more on the "smitten" side of the fence, as far as Mika is concerned :fangurl: but in some ways the honeymoon is definitely over. I think it's like that in just about every aspect of life, really. It's terribly difficult to sustain that "HIGH" feeling that you get with your initial infatuation with something, whether it's a person (even a friend) or a place or even just a thing. Eventually reality sets in and you start to notice the flaws -- the bloom is off the rose, as they say. Doesn't mean you don't still love that person or thing, just that you're a little more objective, you have a little more perspective.

Yes I enjoy the discussions too which is why I've posted a lot in this thread even though I like many of the things that people have chosen as "weird". :thumb_yello:

Likewise! That's why I don't think anyone should get too upset over the fact that some people are criticizing some of Mika's "looks" or clothing choices. Doesn't mean that he's not loved or adored, just that sometimes he makes choices that they don't agree with. I haven't seen anyone saying anything truly nasty or mean-spirited, because I'm sure that all of us here really do care about Mika. :thumb_yello:

OMG you've been listening to my husband, haven't you? After 31 years, the way he chews his food is just driving me :insane:

Oh dear. :teehee:

But OTOH I still think everything my son does and says is amazing. :wub2: So I know I have the capacity to stay "in love" like that forever. At least, so far.

But you love him unconditionally because he is your son, not because you don't make judgements about other human beings at all. You don't feel that way about every random kid in the world.

No one here gave birth to Mika. :naughty: Somewhere along the line everyone made some kind of judgement about him (his skills, his personality, his style, his choices, etc.) and that's why they like him. You don't just attach love to random people for no reason. Somewhere along the line you make an assessment about them and it's the same kind of assessment that leads me to conclude that he should never wear a bowler hat again. :bleh:

When i first opened this thread, Mika had appeared he day before with that ideous birdie t shirt we allstarted discussing it was stolen from Yasmin's wardrobe...

And since there was no thread to discuss Mika's...hum hum...how can i say it...loonie wardrobe...i decided to gather all the posting here...

It was never my intention to negatively criticise or diss Mika ( I have Wonkaland thread for that purpose....:naughty:) neither i believe no one has ever had similar purposes when posting here...

it's the same kind of assessment that leads me to conclude that he should never wear a bowler hat again. :bleh:

:lmfao:

I actually don't mind the bowler hats too much, but of course I prefer to see him hatless. :original:

When i first opened this thread, Mika had appeared he day before with that ideous birdie t shirt we allstarted discussing it was stolen from Yasmin's wardrobe...

And since there was no thread to discuss Mika's...hum hum...how can i say it...loonie wardrobe...i decided to gather all the posting here...

It was never my intention to negatively criticise or diss Mika ( I have Wonkaland thread for that purpose....:naughty:) neither i believe no one has ever had similar purposes when posting here...

Aha! So this is all WONKA's fault! Why am I not surprised to learn that you're the troublemaker at the bottom of all this? :naughty:

:lmfao:

I actually don't mind the bowler hats too much, but of course I prefer to see him hatless. :original:

Aha! So this is all WONKA's fault! Why am I not surprised to learn that you're the troublemaker at the bottom of all this? :naughty:

Oh,my...

shy-baby.jpg

What have i done?

What have i done?

917562.jpg

Well,maybe your grandpa had dyslexia,since those yellow lenses are using for this disorder :wink2: (I have a friend who's wearing yellow glasses because of that) http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/about-dyslexia/further-information/eyes-and-dyslexia.html

Oh thank you ! What an interesting article. I don't think my grandpa is dyslexic, it's just that it was "cool" in those years to where those glasses. :wink2: But now I know that some people wear them on purpose. I feel smarter now. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh thank you ! What an interesting article. I don't think my grandpa is dyslexic, it's just that it was "cool" in those years to where those glasses. :wink2: But now I know that some people wear them on purpose. I feel smarter now. :mf_rosetinted:

Then you have a cool grandpa :thumb_yello: Besides,Mika is not that awful on those glasses,IMO :naughty:

manchesterog3.jpg

And I love bowler hats :naughty: But I find it funny to discuss it with those who don't like it! A good reason to have fun! :hi5:

My thoughts exactly. :thumb_yello:

I guess it's always a bit risky to joke around on the internet since people don't have the same cues (facial expressions, tones of voice) as they do in real life. It's hard to judge what's a joke and what's not, what's meant as a funny remark and what's a mean one.

Then you have a cool grandpa :thumb_yello: Besides,Mika is not that awful on those glasses,IMO :naughty:

manchesterog3.jpg

Hmm... Nope, sorry. I've tried to understand these glasses, I really have, but they just don't look good on anyone. Not even on Mika. :aah: Maybe it's because it brings back memories from the late 90's/early 00's when people thought they were living in the future and wore similar glasses. :naughty:

Hmm... Nope, sorry. I've tried to understand these glasses, I really have, but they just don't look good on anyone. Not even on Mika. :aah: Maybe it's because it brings back memories from the late 90's/early 00's when people thought they were living in the future and wore similar glasses. :naughty:

We have the same feelings. :teehee:

We have the same feelings. :teehee:

I must have missed this trend because I don't remember anyone wearing yellow lenses except Bono. But those were so different from Mika's you can't really compare them. His certainly don't look futuristic and I think they were are relatively subtle since the frames are brown so they blend better with the lenses.

I especially liked them at the time because it was a glimpse into the "real" Mika and not his professional look that becomes boring pretty quickly IMO. Especially back in the day when someone wasn't filming or taking pics of him every 3 seconds and there were just a few professional photo shoots with him sporting the same look.

My thoughts exactly. :thumb_yello:

I guess it's always a bit risky to joke around on the internet since people don't have the same cues (facial expressions, tones of voice) as they do in real life. It's hard to judge what's a joke and what's not, what's meant as a funny remark and what's a mean one.

That's what the smilies are for...:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I have been joking about Mika for years now and i guess everyone understands a joke,specially here in the mfc...

I never had any kind of trouble with that in Wonkaland...

At least that i know of...

Ofcourse some people dont like it but then they dont come over...:wink2:

:shocked: What do you mean,is Mika living in the future? :mf_rosetinted:

Ok,no joking now,I know he's not :swoon: or :fangurl: on those glasses,but I'm sure there's no one looking better on them,than him :teehee:I know I'd look pretty awful :aah:

Edited by krysady

actually, my dad always had yellow glasses in the car... he used them to drive during snow storms.

:teehee:

actually, my dad always had yellow glasses in the car... he used them to drive during snow storms.

:teehee:

Oh ! Maybe Mika was affraid of snow storms when he buy those glasses? :mf_rosetinted:

I especially liked them at the time because it was a glimpse into the "real" Mika and not his professional look that becomes boring pretty quickly IMO. Especially back in the day when someone wasn't filming or taking pics of him every 3 seconds and there were just a few professional photo shoots with him sporting the same look.

Oh that's a good point, I hadn't thought of it since the situation's a bit different these days. :blush-anim-cl:

:shocked: What do you mean,is Mika living in the future? :mf_rosetinted:

Mika is, in fact, living in the future. That explains his warped conception of time. :mf_rosetinted:

• 1 month later...
Well it certainly scream the 70s to me and that's the theme of this whole photoshoot :wink2:

It looks very 60s to me. Very Don Draper. :naughty:

And unless things were different in Europe no one was wearing many of these sunglasses either.

This is what I remember from the 70s:

vintage-1970s-oversized-sunglasses-from-smallearthvintage.jpg

supertroopers.jpg