The birdie Tshirt and other weird clothing thread

willywonka

• 3 months later...
This jacket has bothered me from the first time I saw it and now that I ran into it again I need to post it here. :teehee:

img8702x.jpg

It reminds me of something but I can't figure out what. A duvet? An inflatable mattress? The Michelin man?

Deffo!! :naughty:

michelinman.jpg

This jacket has bothered me from the first time I saw it and now that I ran into it again I need to post it here. :teehee:

img8702x.jpg

It reminds me of something but I can't figure out what. A duvet? An inflatable mattress? The Michelin man?

When I saw this jacket at the first time I was like WHY MIKA WHY ?? You should know better :puke:

When I saw this jacket at the first time I was like WHY MIKA WHY ?? You should know better :puke:

i thought that at first too (not a fan of puffy coats in general) but now it's grown one me. it's not tooooo puffy and the color on him is especially :mikalove:

img8702x.jpg

Yep exactly that :aah: What is it, a shirt jacket? xD

img8702x.jpg

Anyway I lurve this thingie! Because it makes Mika look good. This colour fits him well.

exactly, michelin man or not but that colour looks awesome on him! :wub2:

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah okay, so I was stating the obvious there!

Sounds like a plan!

Okay, so I went through my Mika pics and found the ones with clothes that I hated...

th_bike.jpg

The boots toss this outfit from really weird to hideous...

th_lexpress_psmith2.jpg

That's just an ugly jumper...

th_greyoutfit2.jpg

It's too grey... other than that it's not too bad...

th_mika48.jpg

Yuck yuck yuck! Throw the jeans out!!!

th_girly-cardigan.jpg

I have a cardigan just like it... seriously. It's kinda girly (I know, it's kinda hypocritical of me to say that considering I like the birdy t shirt)...

th_europe2.png

I know it's a costume, but I hate it. It looks like either a dead chicken or a muppet...

th_mika3.jpg

The orange jacket and the brooch are gross... I like the t shirt and I absolutely LOVE the darker jeans...

th_Mika-photoshoots15.jpg

The trousers are ugly. I can't believe anyone would wear them... Even Mika doesn't make them look good.

th_yellow-tshirt3.jpg

The t shirt makes him look like he's the next yellow Wiggle...

Though Mika Wiggle does have a good ring to it *teehee*...

th_koko-chart-show-8-2-101.jpg

Again, dead chicken... no.

th_materialinjeans2.jpg

The material in the jeans is just plain weird. Whoever thought it was a good idea to leave it there oughta be shot.

I simply love mika in anything, wierd or not...:mikadas:

...like this

0_7876f_127d518e_L

0_7bcab_5c2aeea9_L

Weren't the animal costumes worn briefly for comedic effect? I wouldn't ever have a problem with an artist having fun on stage.

And I honestly don't see what's wrong with the first pic, except that he could probably run his fingers through his hair or something.

Weren't the animal costumes worn briefly for comedic effect? I wouldn't ever have a problem with an artist having fun on stage.

And I honestly don't see what's wrong with the first pic, except that he could probably run his fingers through his hair or something.

Are you kidding?? :aah: It's absolutly hideous. Nobody wears those yellow glasses now ! My grandpa had one and they came directly from the 80s (or older). It's the only thing in all the pic I saw where I just can't think it's cute on Mika. :teehee:

Well, I still respect your tastes. :teehee:

Hm.... have you read the title of the thread? What we are free to discuss here? :fisch:

Or maybe she's just not judgmental about slightly unusual clothing.

I never said you couldn't! I just don't think it's fair or accurate to imply that all fans become shallow and catty over time. :pinkbow:

I'm sorry but I don't like what you're implying here. I don't think I have to like everything he does to call myself a fan.

Are you kidding?? :aah: It's absolutly hideous. Nobody wears those yellow glasses now ! My grandpa had one and they came directly from the 80s (or older). It's the only thing in all the pic I saw where I just can't think it's cute on Mika. :teehee:

Well, I still respect your tastes. :teehee:

Well,maybe your grandpa had dyslexia,since those yellow lenses are using for this disorder :wink2: (I have a friend who's wearing yellow glasses because of that) http://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/about-dyslexia/further-information/eyes-and-dyslexia.html

I never said you couldn't! I just don't think it's fair or accurate to imply that all fans become shallow and catty over time. :pinkbow:

I don't see that it's any less "shallow" to find a look attractive than it is to find it unattractive. If you're not going to think about someone's looks then I guess you don't look at pics of Mika at all right? :fisch:

I don't feel like it's anyone's intention to be catty since most people like Mika's style a lot. I think it's natural for women to do this and we're always telling our men what they should and shouldn't wear "you're not going out in THAT are you?!" :teehee:

Personally I don't judge anything because it's "weird". No one can pull off weird like Mika can. But like every human being some things he wears are flattering to him and some are not. It's no secret that I hate that bowler hat on him but it's not because I have some issue with bowler hats. I didn't even mind it a couple of years ago when his hair was long. But now when he wears it it changes the shape of his face and makes him look older and harsh. IMO it's very unflattering and he looks so much better without it. In fact he looks like a different person - like himself.

Anyway I like the yellow glasses although I do agree with DreamyQ about the fan thing and I probably like more of his looks from a few years ago because of how I felt about him at that time. :naughty:

I don't see that it's any less "shallow" to find a look attractive than it is to find it unattractive.

I don't feel like it's anyone's intention to be catty since most people like Mika's style a lot. I think it's natural for women to do this and we're always telling our men what they should and shouldn't wear "you're not going out in THAT are you?!" :teehee:

Personally I don't judge anything because it's "weird". No one can pull off weird like Mika can. But like every human being some things he wears are flattering to him and some are not.

Ditto!

I'd also like to add that I don't want to feel bad about myself just because I point out an item of clothing and say I don't like it or that it doesn't really suit Mika. I guess you could argue about whether or not it's judgmental but I've never thought this thread was about bashing Mika's choices. I don't sense any malice so I'm not sure what the problem is. For me, the thread is all about this...

Oh_girl.jpg

:teehee:

I don't see that it's any less "shallow" to find a look attractive than it is to find it unattractive. If you're not going to think about someone's looks then I guess you don't look at pics of Mika at all right? :fisch:

Personally I don't judge anything because it's "weird". No one can pull off weird like Mika can. But like every human being some things he wears are flattering to him and some are not. It's no secret that I hate that bowler hat on him but it's not because I have some issue with bowler hats. I didn't even mind it a couple of years ago when his hair was long. But now when he wears it it changes the shape of his face and makes him look older and harsh. IMO it's very unflattering and he looks so much better without it. In fact he looks like a different person - like himself.

Anyway I like the yellow glasses although I do agree with DreamyQ about the fan thing and I probably like more of his looks from a few years ago because of how I felt about him at that time. :naughty:

:lmao:

Oh, Christine, you're amazing! You chose the words for the things that I was able only to vaguely think (but not gather together) :thumb_yello:

And I love bowler hats :naughty: But I find it funny to discuss it with those who don't like it! A good reason to have fun! :hi5:

I guess you could argue about whether or not it's judgmental but I've never thought this thread was about bashing Mika's choices. I don't sense any malice so I'm not sure what the problem is. For me, the thread is all about this...

Oh_girl.jpg

:teehee:

Yes :lmfao:

On the subject of making judgements in general, we all do it. Whether you draw a positive or negative conclusion doesn't change the process. I don't like the bowler hat but I like the yellow glasses. Am I judgemental in the first instance and not the second? Is it wrong to even have an opinion one way or the other? Would anyone object if we had a thread about how awesome Mika's style is?

I will always stand by what DreamyQ says about the honeymoon phase because I have been on both sides of it. It's very much like being in love with someone and that early phase when everything they do is cute and amazing. I have never met anyone in my life who thinks what every random person on the planet says and does is amazing. We all make positive and negative judgements about people and when you're in love you are more immune to the negative. Some people are lucky and they will never fall out of love but for others just hearing your partner chew their food could make you homicidal once the honeymoon is over. :naughty:

I hope for everyone that the Mika honeymoon never wears off and for some it won't. But I think in the majority of cases it will and suddenly goofy hats will just look goofy and not adorable anymore. (This is just my own example based on my experience and tastes, I'm not saying you have to be smitten to like hats.)

And I love bowler hats :naughty: But I find it funny to discuss it with those who don't like it! A good reason to have fun! :hi5:

Yes I enjoy the discussions too which is why I've posted a lot in this thread even though I like many of the things that people have chosen as "weird". :thumb_yello: