New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

I was studying Russian, with headphones on my ears (obviously there was only mika's songs), when suddenly my two roommate screamed at the same time: "Dorotaaaaaaaaaaa, Mikaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ". I was: "what, where, how?". It turned out that after many months of waiting, some (maybe not some but one of the biggest) Polish radio station finally decided to play Elle Dit Me :D Apparently the presenter said something before the song, but my friends werent able to say what specifically ,because they're began carefully listening to only after the magical word "Mika":naughty:

so,Mika finally on the Polish radio station :biggrin2:

It's so great that it's being played in more and more countries! Good for the Polish radio stations that they've discovered Elle me Dit:thumb_yello:

I was studying Russian, with headphones on my ears (obviously there was only mika's songs), when suddenly my two roommate screamed at the same time: "Dorotaaaaaaaaaaa, Mikaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ". I was: "what, where, how?". It turned out that after many months of waiting, some (maybe not some but one of the biggest) Polish radio station finally decided to play Elle Dit Me :D Apparently the presenter said something before the song, but my friends werent able to say what specifically ,because they're began carefully listening to only after the magical word "Mika":naughty:

so,Mika finally on the Polish radio station :biggrin2:

:teehee::wub2:

It's so great that it's being played in more and more countries! Good for the Polish radio stations that they've discovered Elle me Dit:thumb_yello:

yeah...good for them..lazy b...stards:original:

Thank you Louiza! Do they play it in your country?

EMD is still doing quite well on French charts: it's number 10 this week and number 9 in the France Airplay Top 250... and has almost 14 million views on YouTube.

OHFG :shocked::shocked:

I found out that EMD got 3rd rank among all mika related vids.

1. Love today MV - more than 16m

2. Happy Ending MV - more than 16m

3. Elle Me Dit MV - more than 14

EMD is really doing well in all over the world and achieved more than I expected :shocked:

EMD is really doing well in all over the world and achieved more than I expected :shocked:

I bet Sarkozy is watching it over and over again :mf_rosetinted:

Those are not the original videos that were uploaded to YouTube though. If I recall correctly the first Grace Kelly video had over 20 million views and it was deleted in 2008.

I wish it was played in the UK. I really hoped when the English version was sung, it would be released in the UK. I'm longing for a single from Mika on the radio in Britain.

I wish it was played in the UK. I really hoped when the English version was sung, it would be released in the UK. I'm longing for a single from Mika on the radio in Britain.

But for me EMD sounds good when sing it in French, because it was written in french rhyme. Apart from that it's weird that Mika's songs are not played in Britain or US that much.... :dunno: Apparently he seems doing better in France and Belgium, in french speaking country.. But huge support in English market is more important for 3rd album.

But for me EMD sounds good when sing it in French, because it was written in french rhyme. Apart from that it's weird that Mika's songs are not played in Britain or US that much.... :dunno: Apparently he seems doing better in France and Belgium, in french speaking country.. But huge support in English market is more important for 3rd album.

Yes,I'm agree with you,he seems doing better in french speaking country.And his song are hardly played in China or in the TV.:huh:

I do prefer the French version and think it could have been a hit here. But many ppl think a French song wouldn't be popular over here. I wish it was like 2007 again over here, when Mika was on top. But now, artists (in some cases I use the term loosely) who started after Mika are doing arena tours in Britain, while stupid panalists, with nothing better to do are insinuating that he's a has-been locked in a basement (See the 'Mika's music on TV and Film' thread to see what I mean)

He needs a big hit again in the UK, and if it's not to be EMD, then he should release Underwater, or some other new song. I hope he does it soon!

I do prefer the French version and think it could have been a hit here. But many ppl think a French song wouldn't be popular over here. I wish it was like 2007 again over here, when Mika was on top. But now, artists (in some cases I use the term loosely) who started after Mika are doing arena tours in Britain, while stupid panalists, with nothing better to do are insinuating that he's a has-been locked in a basement (See the 'Mika's music on TV and Film' thread to see what I mean)

He needs a big hit again in the UK, and if it's not to be EMD, then he should release Underwater, or some other new song. I hope he does it soon!

just seen that thread...do they say Mika is hiding or forgotten in UK, in sarcastic way? :shocked::blink:

well in my opinion Mika's music itself could more appeal to Europeans...I heard that UK and Europe is quite different, based on very different culture... for me, UK seems to love more 'black and white-ish' things, while France and southeurope loves colors more... maybe stupid stereotype ...but for me like that :dunno:

just seen that thread...do they say Mika is hiding or forgotten in UK, in sarcastic way? :shocked::blink:

well in my opinion Mika's music itself could more appeal to Europeans...I heard that UK and Europe is quite different, based on very different culture... for me, UK seems to love more 'black and white-ish' things, while France and southeurope loves colors more... maybe stupid stereotype ...but for me like that :dunno:

They basically say he's chained to a radio saying "why don't you like me, why don't you like me", and that he can have food, but he's not allowed to make music. It's really upsetting!

I heard that UK and Europe is quite different, based on very different culture... for me, UK seems to love more 'black and white-ish' things, while France and southeurope loves colors more... maybe stupid stereotype ...but for me like that :dunno:

If that was true, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry would not be popular in the UK.

However, the key is definitely in the image Mika presents himself with. There have been numerous discussions on that recently on MFC...

• 2 weeks later...