Blame It On The Weather - song discussion

suzie

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just quote myself, to prove you that you're not alone.

I thought It's the kiss for Ida, and it looks quite intimate. I was really surprised. :wink2:

And there's the link

[YOUTUBE]X4ysl8mDOag[/YOUTUBE]

This video is of excellent quality,thanks nanouch ! I actually like their voices in this one :biggrin2:

I completely agree with you nenartus :teehee:

I thought he was reaching for her hand at 0:33-0:36 :naughty:

I really love the way they smile at each other for no reason :wub2:

Look how Ida "scans" mika from 3:02-3:04 :blink::naughty:

This video is of excellent quality,thanks nanouch ! I actually like their voices in this one :biggrin2:

This vid is the best quality I've seen, and yes... I agree...

They're just friends, but here they're performing ( like actors) that song and it's a love song :blush-anim-cl:

@Jaya Thank you for posting the video here. I was looking for a better version of it from Belgium but this one from Compiégne is also better than the previous ones we had... I have updated the first post with it.

Edited by suzie

When I first saw this video I thought she looks like she is going to bite him! MG_98.gifBut it's just a bad light at that moment.

They're just friends, but here they're performing ( like actors) that song and it's a love song :blush-anim-cl:

It doesn't look like acting to me:naughty:, sorry. :dunno:

And what I looove about this video is how you can see the way he controls everything on the stage. He looks like a conductor. He even shows Ida at the end with his little finger to go away. :thumb_yello:

Speaking of words, I swooned to hear "asunder" in a song.

But it's not "asunder" -- it's "us under". I hear "let love pull us under, and do it all again." Asunder doesn't make sense in this context at all.

Alright, maybe the lyrics are cheesy , and it's out of tune, blah blah blah , but for a second , if you forget about the song and concentrate on the video then

But I don't want to "forget about the song," since we're supposed to

be DISCUSSING THE SONG in this thread -- I don't

particularly care whether Mika and Ida are in love (though I'm sure they're

quite fond of each other as they've been friends for years). But I DO

care that the lyrics are cheesy, the melody is weak, and that he's singing

out of tune at several points in this performance. :dunno:

Actually, I liked it very much, altough I do believe the voice combination failed a bit. For me the song is filled with the emotion a love song should have and has a simple cute melody that's been stuck in my head for a while. I liked because it transmitted me a feeling and I believe that's what music is about :trumpet:.

I also liked the back and forth of the duet, a dialogue instead of a monologue gives the idea that it's not just loving but being loved in return...

@Jaya Thank you for posting the video here. I was looking for a better version of it from Belgium but this one from Compiégne is also better than the previous ones we had... I have updated the first post with it.

Good idea :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

omg so sensual its like he's singing in my face while im laying on grass :shocked:

you have quite the imagination , don't you? :glasses2:

When I first saw this video I thought she looks like she is going to bite him! MG_98.gifBut it's just a bad light at that moment.

It doesn't look like acting to me:naughty:, sorry. :dunno:

And what I looove about this video is how you can see the way he controls everything on the stage. He looks like a conductor. He even shows Ida at the end with his little finger to go away. :thumb_yello:

Pls. someone find that thread about mika and Ida being fiancées in the french press...cannot find it :teehee:

What? i wanna see it too :das:

In one of my previous messages I was talking about how this might effect his work. But the discussion went away a little bit...:teehee: Maybe that's the reason for cheesiness, and a weak melody. It sounds a bit 80's eurovision or something to me. It's sweet, but is that all?:shocked: I just hope he isn't slipping into something like that and that these new songs are just in a working process. I don't hate them, I just think he can do them better.

But it's not "asunder" -- it's "us under". I hear "let love pull us under, and do it all again." Asunder doesn't make sense in this context at all.

Well, there isn't any blame it on the weather Video discussion so.. :dunno:

Don't like Ida's voice AT ALL in this song - she has a very clean, pure but cold, emotionless voice and honestly, if you're going to sing a duet (love song) to someone, you've got to at least TRY and sound like you mean it when you sing to the other person and look into their eyes etc lol!! I didn't feel that either Mika or Ida meant the lyrics when they sang it - I know they may not actually be 'in lurve' but they have to create the illusion when singing a love song together!

The song has potential, but I hope he finds another singer who 'gels' with him better vocally (etc!) - the restrained operatic voice is not what's needed here, it needs a more raw emotional style and sound.

I hope he also changes the title of the song because it's really not very inspiring as it stands....

Will be interesting to see how this song pans out in the end...

The song has potential, but I hope he finds another singer who 'gels' with him better vocally (etc!) - the restrained operatic voice is not what's needed here, it needs a more raw emotional style and sound.

I hope he also changes the title of the song because it's really not very inspiring as it stands....

yes, that's what I think, too.

Edited by suzie

you have quite the imagination , don't you? :glasses2:

lol hehe :teehee: maybe i do :D

--------

oh and i'd like to add that... i know his voice isn't so perfect in this video...BUT it is live and IT IS a new song so he has to get his groove, people are criticising this song a bit too hard, i think for a live song he does a great job and his on stage acting is too cute :naughty: i'm not being rude i am just saying what i feel :wink2:

:lmfao: yes!

thanks Marina, you are priceless :wub2:

have a read people :naughty:

Yeah, how can one compete with Marinitactionary????:mf_rosetinted:

yes, she's unbeatable, our archivist :original:
thankies :blush-anim-cl:

I just happened to be in the right place at the right time though :wink2:

I guess I started the discussion in the wrong thread, sorry. I'm still wondering so I'll move it here. I hope it's ok. Maybe you have some thoughts...

Do you think that Ida did this new Blame it on the Weather song for the album? Hm.. I don't think so.:wags_finger: I was just wondering who did it?:das:

Well I doubt she is/will be the one on the record, but as far as for the live performance I think she sounds just perfect. I would like her to be on the album, but I don't think it's her who will be recorded with him though.

I'm sooo sure about that. Think that this is just a test. And it's a duet song, for sure. Can you remember which girls was he mentioning in the last couple of months? I remember that he had dinner with some superstar from Latin America, and he was tweeting how he loves Robin, but I don't think that this is her kind of song. So I'm wondering. girl_wacko.gif
Could be Prescilla? I don't know though, could be anyone!
That Mexican singer is just someone who is also working with Jodie Marr, they had dinner together.

Mika likes Robyn and / so is working with one of her producers on the new album. That bloke's sound is Swedish electro-pop. More the Yelle type of electronic sound, except that it is catchy.

Hm, hm... Or Coeur de Pirate. She's from Canada, and he is doing his album there, isn't he...

So guys what do you think?