Blame It On The Weather - song discussion

suzie

I'm NOT impressed AGAIN :blink:

lyrics are so plain

they sing out of tune

so probably they didn't reharse much

Ida's voice is reduntant

I can see it's a romantic love song, so I can accept it in Mika's repertoire only if he will sing it alone by himself, at the piano solo, putting in it all his heart as he did when he sang La Solitude.

If he will improve the lyrics, the better.

only then I guess is would like it.

sorry Mika, you started it: better being kind than nice :wink2:

:roftl:

How about him writing French lyrics to it? I guess it would work. :naughty: Nothing wrong with the melody itself.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:roftl:

How about him writing French lyrics to it? I guess it would work. :naughty: Nothing wrong with the melody itself.

ok then...hear hear Mika:

keep the melody

turn lyrics into french

sing it alone

at the piano

with all your sentiment in it

DEAL! :thumb_yello:

lyrics are so plain

they sing out of tune

Ida's voice is reduntant

I can see it's a romantic love song, so I can accept it in Mika's repertoire only if he will sing it alone by himself, at the piano solo, putting in it all his heart as he did when he sang La Solitude.

When he first singed Rain in PDP, didn't it have half the lyrics it has now? Besides, the melodu changed a lot. So I guess we just gotta wait. It's not that it's an officially release song like Elle me dit, this one can still change.

And for the melody, I'm actually adoring it. Reminds me of Happy Ending, it has the same passion. And yeah, I'd love to listen it only from him too from the bottom of his heart :teehee:

Rain was weak acoustic, but had some passion.

Then it was turned into a disco tune.

better or worse?

I still cannot decide.

TBWKTM had lots of flaws, but I loved it, I did not mind it was not that successful, it had some genius part in it.

let's say

LICM 100% genius

TBWKTM 70% genius

and i see the trend going down fast.

but this is just me of course, and my heart bleeds cause I love Mika as a human being so much, I trust him and I'm sure he can do better than this, evolve as Bowie and other great artists did.

Call me crazy but I think that Mika is in love! This is pure love song in all it's elements. It's sweet and beautiful. Lyrics are simple and without depth that we used to hear from him. Pure love. If I'm right it did efect his work, and we'll see which direction is he going to take. And if you look closely at this beautiful video that Nanouch posted you'll see Mika kissing a mic after the word "lover" (at 1:31). Is it some kind of message to someone? So call me crazy, but... And if it is so I'm really happy for him. :wub2:

You're welcome :wink2: It's a pleasure for me !

"Blame it on the weather" :wub2:

I might be crazy :mf_rosetinted: But, before "victims of the storm" I hear "winter, winter". But again, I might be terribly wrong :aah:

And at the begining it's actually "we" never change nothing.

And thanks for dl and lyrics :huglove:

I hear "bitter winter . . . "

Well.... Erm... I don't know what to think. I think I'll reserve judgement on the song till I hear the album version. I honestly thought someone was joking about Mika having a song called Blame it on the Weather though... The title sounds somewhat familiar to me... can't think why *ponders*

:teehee:

I am going to have to wait for the studio version to see how it turns out. I honestly can't even get through the entire song on the video. :shocked:

I didn't either, but that's only cause i wanted to read what other people thought of it.

Definitely sounds like a song from a musical

I think you hit the nail on the head ofr me silver... it definitely sounds like a song fron a musical. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing of course...

Rain was weak acoustic, but had some passion.

Then it was turned into a disco tune.

better or worse?

I still cannot decide.

Rain is my favourite song:wub2: it has everything in it for me:wub2: although I didn't care for it so much in the beginning, when all I had heard was the acoustic version. I never get tired of it!

but this is just me of course, and my heart bleeds cause I love Mika as a human being so much, I trust him and I'm sure he can do better than this, evolve as Bowie and other great artists did.

I feel very much the same way now, but we shouldn't lose hope. I really want to believe that his third album will be good!:thumb_yello:

It has to be, it really just has to be!

He has so much talent and it's still early, we only have the stage versions to listen to and it's hard to hear the lyrics properly.:blink:

I know many of you are kind of "complaining" about Ida's operatic voice, but in some certain passages I honestly think it works beautifully. I mean, she has that ability to control some notes and juggle with them, unlike pop singers do and that sounds beautiful to me. Of course the slightly big contrast between her and Mika's voice is obvious, but Mika has also got a great opera experience and if you ask me, I think he manages to get into that operatic singing mood as well.

I wrote in the pre Compiegne thread that I don't like Ida's interpretation and stage appearance and operatic voice ...and lack of emotions (I wrote it somewhere else). I didn't like her operatic voice when she sang before good gone girl (although I love this piece of opera), I didn't like the way she moved and behaved, the short skirt didn't look good imo etc. BUT I have to say I like her voice in this song. just the sound of it cause I think Imma would sing it better, more emotionally, Imma is an emotional person.

I don't think I would be happy if she stayed in this song on the record but for this one event she sounded ok. and she looked better

about the song....I like the mellody, this song has something ...calm inside... has something...different inside

just ...too bad BIOTG is always near...;-) and...I have other very different thoughts about this song.....

I always want to know whats behind the song...ahhh...it's not only art but also psychology for me...I'm interested in what the person thinks and feels..

I don't care if "there's a story behind it" or "it's just made up for money". I want to hear it from the person

And the piano at the beginning reminds me of a song.... "Where or When"....

Edited by Melisanda

lyrics are so plain

they sing out of tune

Ida's voice is reduntant

:tears: I so don't wanna to agree with you. But I have to.

I still believe that recorded version will impress me more.

Moreover, the chorus reminded me at once the part "Every time you touch me I become a Hero" by Diana Ross :boxed: It was in fashion some decades ago.

But as Mika said that the album will have 80s-ish songs, I already see what he means.

:tears: I so don't wanna to agree with you. But I have to.

I still believe that recorded version will impress me more.

Moreover, the chorus reminded me at once the part "Every time you touch me I become a Hero" by Diana Ross :boxed: It was in fashion some decades ago.

But as Mika said that the album will have 80s-ish songs, I already see what he means.

Yes! That's what it reminds me of too, thanks for reminding me :teehee:

i find it quite 'old fashioned'. But like most others i will reserve judgement and hope that the studio version is better.

I agree with you Shoni and Dcdeb. I heard this song twice live and am wondering what the studio version will sound like.

Is there anywhere lyrics of this song?

Blue Sky has figured them out, mostly, so I've added them to the first

post of this thread.

:thumb_yello:

When I listen to a song I "follow" its melody. But in this song I cannot follow a melody. It escapes my ear. I am listening to the song and forget there and then how it sounded... As though it is a casual set of notes and as though the melody is thought out during of a singing... I can not hum it :teehee:

It's strange, but very interesting... I wish very much to hear how the studio version will sound. I hope, I shall catch a tracery of the song and I shall solve its melody). I love some intricate and complex melodies in the songs of Mika :wub2:

The first time I heard it I wasn't impressed at all .The 2nd time it gave me tears .I love the combination of an opera singer and a flamboyant singer.:naughty:

Now I can not wait for the album version .The only thing I don't like is the title of the song he really needs to change it to something else like :'The thunder and the rain '

I like it :blush-anim-cl:

Im not the only one I hope :teehee:

lyrics are so plain

they sing out of tune

Ida's voice is reduntant

:dunno: but I like the piano solo idea

Alright, maybe the lyrics are cheesy , and it's out of tune, blah blah blah , but for a second , if you forget about the song and concentrate on the video then

Here's a video I am sure there will be more.

[YOUTUBE]lDoLL3OaPaY[/YOUTUBE]

The reason I actually liked it was at some places, when mika and ida stare into each others eyes , they look so much in love! :fangurl: of course you can disagree if you like, but i really felt that way at certain points, so i didn't care about the song (which was also not that bad):dunno: .

Alright, maybe the lyrics are cheesy , and it's out of tune, blah blah blah , but for a second , if you forget about the song and concentrate on the video then

The reason I actually liked it was at some places, when mika and ida stare into each others eyes , they look so much in love! :fangurl: of course you can disagree if you like, but i really felt that way at certain points, so i didn't care about the song (which was also not that bad):dunno: .

I'll just quote myself, to prove you that you're not alone.

Call me crazy but I think that Mika is in love! This is pure love song in all it's elements. It's sweet and beautiful. Lyrics are simple and without depth that we used to hear from him. Pure love. If I'm right it did efect his work, and we'll see which direction is he going to take. And if you look closely at this beautiful video that Nanouch posted you'll see Mika kissing a mic after the word "lover" (at 1:31). Is it some kind of message to someone? So call me crazy, but... And if it is so I'm really happy for him. :wub2:

I thought It's the kiss for Ida, and it looks quite intimate. I was really surprised. :wink2:

And there's the link

You're welcome :wink2: It's a pleasure for me !

"Blame it on the weather" :wub2:

Edited by nenartus