REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA@Liège, Belgium - Festival Les Ardentes - 10 July 2011

Blue Sky

I'm saying I think it extremely unthoughtful to spoil MIKA's moment and also the moment of many others trying to experience it as he likely intended it to be heard and seen.

where i was standing, almost everyone was singing along

me too, but i could still hear Mika sing very good,:wub2:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply
where i was standing, almost everyone was singing along

me too, but i could still hear Mika sing very good,:wub2:

Do you really think that's how MIKA would choose to showcase his new romantic ballad of love?

Shame peeps can't wait to join in until MIKA invites them to:

Believe me, if MIKA wants you to chime in he WILL let you know!

:blink:

I think he might enjoy seeing that, a few days after he released a song, people already know the words.

It's better to sing along than to stand there like a mummy... Just my two cents... :dunno:

@IngievV I liked your singing :roftl: ...and both your gig reports are well-written and really entertaining..:lmao:

Ingie, I also like your both gig reports :thumb_yello:

Thank you:biggrin2:

[iMO] Surely--with a modicum of sensibility or creativity--

some less obnoxious middle ground could be conjured up

that would less offend.

I think it would be more offending to not sing along at all and just stare at him. I respect it if you wish to remain a statue during Mika's gigs, but I prefer to have fun considering I paid 50 euros to be there.

In Porto the Tindersticks demanded us to be quiet during their last song. Nobody was having any of it. People pay money to see you play. If they want to sing or cheer along, they have every right to do so. Especially at a Mika gig.

And for your information, he did not punch us in the face or told us off for singing along to his new romantic ballad which defines the truth of romance. In fact, he was quite happy to see us.

IMHO, he never expects his fans to stand still during a gig, and if he was expecting people to do so while he sings a romantic ballad at a festival, boy...he'd better think again. :naughty:

It's not like he's singing Over My Shoulder at his own gigs, where people actually stop to hear him showing his amazing vocal skills. It's just a ballad, like Happy Ending (only worse) :teehee:. People DO sing along, it's normal...He knows what kind of fans he has, I'm sure he wasn't offended. :wink2:

I apologise for my 'singing':mf_rosetinted:

Frankly, my dear, I don't think he'd give a damn.

That's not even a little bit cute. Sounded like drunken cows.

. . .

I think it would be more offending to not sing along at all and just stare at him. I respect it if you wish to remain a statue during Mika's gigs, but I prefer to have fun considering I paid 50 euros to be there.

In Porto the Tindersticks demanded us to be quiet during their last song. Nobody was having any of it. People pay money to see you play. If they want to sing or cheer along, they have every right to do so. Especially at a Mika gig.

And for your information, he did not punch us in the face or told us off for singing along to his new romantic ballad which defines the truth of romance. In fact, he was quite happy to see us.

No matter how you dress it, Rude = RUDE.

'Say what you want to satisfy yourself . . .

but you only want what everybody else says you should want . . .

WALK OUT THE DOOR'

WALK OUT THE DOOR'

Do you really think that's the best way to go on with (or end?) this conversation? :blink:

WALK OUT THE DOOR'

just one more thing and then i'm quitting this discussion...

i clearly heard Mika say during the gig in liège "This is pretty F*ing Amazing*

WALK OUT THE DOOR'

I refuse to lower myself to your level. I thank you for showing your true colours. Obviously, you can't win a discussion without insulting someone. Like little kids do:thumb_yello:

just one more thing and then i'm quitting this discussion...

i clearly heard Mika say during the gig in liège "This is pretty F*ing Amazing*

Nooo Ilse, you misinterpreted it. He quite clearly said: 'This is so rude! You dare to sing and dance! Wait til I tell mummy about it! She will go after you!'

Archived