Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

I had greater expectations from the video. You can think I`m a bad fan, but I can`t agree with all the things he does. And this is one of them. I don`t like it at all. I don`t hate it, but it could have been better. The only resemblace I find between the video and the song is that `the mother complaining about the things her child does` happens to all the people.

I thought Barclay Records said it will be out today, but that one was uploaded three days ago :blink: I`m not sure what to believe, I guess I`ll just wait...:aah: It needs some time to grow in me...

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I think now that I've adjusted to the idea that I don't get to see Mika dancing around in the video, my perspective is shifting. I can appreciate it more for what it is than judge it for what it isn't.

I find myself thinking about it and wanting to watch it again. :dunno:

I do really like the setting. I have a liking for vintage wallpaper. I need that room with the purple wallpaper for my own! :blush-anim-cl:

Morning! :bye:

I´ve just seen the video! And I´m surprised about all those dissapointed comments on youtube, twitter,etc.. I feel like saying - This video fits perfectly with lyrics! he couldn´t do a vid with his mum probably. :naughty: it´s a song about a man who´s always tutored by a woman, I think he didn´t want this song to be his own story, he just needed to do a song with this feeling for all oppressed men. :mf_rosetinted:

And it´s a French song, not an English song, and I personally think that French people like a bit different style that the rest of Europe. This vid is not bad, it´s really amazing and meaningful! :original:

I love the grandpa btw. :teehee:

I think you are right, this looks really "French" in my eyes, it's like a clip from a French movie. I don't know why I assumed he would be in it himself. When I listen to the French version of EMD I always have some story images in my head, I feel Mika's voice much more in the English version. EMD is doing so well in France, I think this vid can have the same success.

I think you are right, this looks really "French" in my eyes, it's like a clip from a French movie. I don't know why I assumed he would be in it himself. When I listen to the French version of EMD I always have some story images in my head, I feel Mika's voice much more in the English version. EMD is doing so well in France, I think this vid can have the same success.

I think so too, this one´s gonna be a great hit in France. Well i was never a real fan of French music, but this is so mikaish and at the moment so french, that I might become one :teehee:

I think you are right, this looks really "French" in my eyes, it's like a clip from a French movie.

Exactly. I don't really like it though, I don't know why I expected so much more. I probably shouldn't have expected that much, but it looks more of an amateur video to me :sad:. Maybe it will grow on me, but it's definitely not a big like.

just found this!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. I didn't expect to see it before going to work.

Hmmm, not my fave Mika video, but imo it's ok...

But since I don't particularily like any of Mika's videos (apart Lollipop) I didn't expect to love this one, so it's perfectly ok.

And as it's only gonna be released in France I think it'll might work alright.

Love the old man:roftl::naughty:

yeeeaah,me too :roftl:

I like it,I don't care if Mika's not there,it's funny and it's really French.But this is his first french song so the video clip must fit and they did a great job!The video is about the song so I'm delighted,this is what I expected.It's not dissapointing at any way in my opinion.It's one of my faves , seriously.

I think this video is weird, even for French people :teehee: I'm used to weird things with Mika and I generally like them, but I'm not impressed with this one. Maybe it's just too simple.. I like the song so much more than the video.. I hope it won't put me off it..

I do get the reference to François Ozon though, the scenery is very much alike to what we can see in '8 femmes', I thought about it before watching Mika mentioning it. The characters also look quite French (well, they all are if I understand correctly). So it is a French video and it seems pretty normal to me if most foreign Mika fans don't really like it. I personally don't either :teehee: It is just a little bit funny but it could have been so much better without lip synch in my opinion (and with a tiny little bit of Mika :biggrin2:)

SlOKnoQR5EA

Dunno if it´s been posted.

This is the video where Mika presents his new video. in case someone needs a translation, it´s here.

(maybe I didn´t catch it all properly, french MFCers please correct me if I´m wrong. :teehee:)

But I think I´m very close.

He said:

Hey it´s Mika. The song Elle Me Dit was finished few weeks ago, and 48 hours later it was on radio. It´s probably the fastest transition that I´ve had with a song. It wasn´t planned at all for the album, that´s gonna be in English, but it comes 2012. There are some songs in french version, bonuses that are in french. but now we said - why not? it´s fun, it has a good esprit (dunno what he meant xD) why should we wait? so we released the song and we did this video with the director "IcantRepeatTheName", she´s australian, with ofc the participation of Fanny Ardant. I´m a big fan of Fanny, so my visual references were ...(he was talking about some french movie I guess)

I adore the video, I think it´s fun, I think it has the same esprit as the song, it´s summer, it´s pop, but it´s a little weird, ok, weird enough as a music video, but it makes me smile, and I hope you´ll like too, voila, Elle me dit on french youtube, check it out. ;)

Apart from the fact that he's not in it, I'm highly disappointed :blink:

To me it's just a very ordinary video, which anyone with no ideas or time could do :aah:

I don't find it interesting or funny or curious, just boring :dunno:

:blink:

well... it´s... erm...... :aah:

I don´t like it. I think it has nothing to do with the lyrics, but I´m Spanish, which means that to understand the lyrics I needed them to be translated into English and then into Spanish,so maybe all the meaning was lost in translation....

The old man scares me, and I lost the count of the old women who also scared me... It´s the kind of vid which would make me turn the TV off if it weren´t a Mika´s vid. I don´t know why I don´t like it, maybe I was expecting something else, and not necessary Mika in it, but something more "serious"?? :dunno: (and I´m ready for all the people saying that EMD is not a serious but a funny song) but I think if someone (who is a quite important international popstar) is releasing "anything" it must be at least "professional" and it doesn´t lool professional at all, BUT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!! I don´t find it creative... it looks like an old movie... ok, I don´t know, I just don´t like it and I´m not watching it again.

@Christine I must admit I felt sad when I read you weeks ago saying that you didn´t like Karen and you were not going to listen to it again, I love the song and I thought you should listen to it again so you would appreciate it, but with this vid I understand your feelings now. I don´t like it and there is no reason for me to watch it again, so I think these were your feelings with Karen. There´s no reason for any of us to re-watch or re-listen the things we don´t like. Does it mean we don´t like Mika? No. At least in my case. I like him, but I don´t like this vid.

I don't really like it even though I generally like weird things. The miming was very bad in places and I did miss Mika in the video. In Lollipop it was understandable, but I don't know. I hope he will release better videos for upcoming singles.

I don't really like it even though I generally like weird things. The miming was very bad in places and I did miss Mika in the video. In Lollipop it was understandable, but I don't know. I hope he will release better videos for upcoming singles.

Indeed!!!

oh I also think the actors weren´t that good sometimes, for example that boy behind notebook, he did the same thing twice, or that one with dumbbell, it was so obvious that he was acting.

But I like the video, and I think it fits with lyrics. and it´s french. and french people are a bit different. so I think it´s made mainly for them and they will like, cause I guess it´s their cup of tea.

And after hearing Mika´s presentation of EMD video, I couldn´t hate. :biggrin2:

I'm highly disappointed, apart from the fact that he's not in it :shocked:

To me it's just a very ordinary video, which anyone with no ideas or time could do :aah:

I don't find it interesting or funny or curious :blink:

The old man scares me, and I lost the count of the old women who also scared me... It´s the kind of vid which would make me turn the TV off if it weren´t a Mika´s vid. I don´t know why I don´t like it, maybe I was expecting something else, and not necessary Mika in it, but something more "serious"?? :dunno: (and I´m ready for all the people saying that EMD is not a serious but a funny song) but I think if someone (who is a quite important international popstar) is releasing "anything" it must be at least "professional" and it doesn´t lool professional at all, BUT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!! I don´t find it creative... it looks like an old movie... ok, I don´t know, I just don´t like it and I´m not watching it again.

I basically agree with everything you guys said. :thumb_yello:

But when I saw it, I agree, it is quite French. :teehee:

I am udually one of the first to jump to Mika's defence if he does something I like but others don't. But this video is not my cup of tea. And the old man annoys the hell out of me. Could be that I am not part of the target group, but I feel since I am a Mika fan, I am also allowed to voice my opinion about whatever he does. And this time, it is not to my liking but whatever. I still like the song.

@basicamenteyo

maybe you could add this to 1st post?

It doesn´t really deserve it´s own thread but it has something to do with a video, MFCers might like to hear Mika´s explanation. :original:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3541047&postcount=238

Done. But you can also ask mods if they´re online :thumb_yello:

Archived