Elle me Dit video out on Tuesday Aug. 16 2011

I am udually one of the first to jump to Mika's defence if he does something I like but others don't. But this video is not my cup of tea. And the old man annoys the hell out of me. Could be that I am not part of the target group, but I feel since I am a Mika fan, I am also allowed to voice my opinion about whatever he does. And this time, it is not to my liking but whatever. I still like the song.

Ingie :huglove: I like the way you put your words :biggrin2:

I love the old man in the vid. I don't want to watch older women but I like watching older men (maybe because I don't want to be an old woman, men look always so much better when they age :aah:).

I'm starting to like the vid, mainly because I think it is actually supporting the song (that means supporting the image I already had about the French version). I like how it looks, the visuality, vintage wall papers etc. I still don't think I will watch this vid many times in the future, it's not that beautiful or special.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOOOOOOOOOOL sorry I didn´t even clicked on it :aah:

I don´t know, I just copied and pasted....

that must be because when I put that link to my post it appeared shortened and you copied the shortened one with a lot of points in it. :aah::aah::aah:

I really don't like it! And not because of lack of Mika-just for me it's a little silly and trashy video with annoying actors acting.and terrible miming:aah: And it looks like a very low-budget clip-probably because half of the budget was spent on salaries for Fanny:naughty:

I would really like to say that I like it, but I can't! Maybe from his other video I was expecting something more, I don't know!

It looks like one of those videos made by fans!

THAT´S what was on my mind first time I saw it :aah:

I like it. I really love the colours and the retro feeling! :teehee:

It actually makes me like the song more :aah:

And it reminds me of Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain a bit :aah:

[YOUTUBE]juuF_btrW4U[/YOUTUBE]

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! :mf_lustslow:

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!! :mf_lustslow:

me too :naughty:

it's so odd and strange but in the end you're like: omg that was brilliant!!!

well that's how I feel about it :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

I feel the same way about the EMD video. At first you're like: eeerh, did not see this comming at all!

But when it's done, you're like: yeah, it fits, it just all fits. and like I said, it made the song "work" for me, because EMD isn't my favourite song.

And I'm not just saying I love it because it's from Mika etc, since I didn't love the relax vid at all. :aah:

Well well well! I actually had the same reaction to this as to the song and cover artwork: mmmmh yeah ok... It's ok. But it really is just ok in my opinion. It's entertaining but there's nothing more. I reckon Mika could do so much better. I'm disappointed. Not the best song, not the best artwork and definitely NOT the best video clip. It all actually fits... X)

I like it. :biggrin2:

Hey, it didn't need to be a masterpiece video. Just something sweet, bright and simple for french television, and i think it met that mark quite neatly.

I can see why hard-core fans generally don't like it. They want Mika in all his shining, artistic glory. Still, this is a single between albums. It's not a big comback that needs neon lights and a stunning video polished to perfection.

Also, not having Mika in it worked for me. It made the lyrics go all the way home. I think something like Mika fighting with his mother would have made a far sh*tter video. As this stands, i think the causal Mika fan will like it a lot.

Only downer was the lip-synching appeared to be a little off. But you can't have it all. :bleh:

My first impression was 'wait, did I click on the official one?'

The acting is cheesy (to the point of being embarrassing - the older guy particularly) , the lip-synching is dodgy.

It feels like as well as not being in the video (which I can accept), Mika has had minimal, or no, creative input.

Through most of the video, I too had a 'meh' feeling, but when the characters were all dancing, I started to enjoy it more. It has been said before, but if it had purely been the dancing all the way through, I would have more understood the 'fun' vibe.

But I feel that it is just a video to a bonus song being released in one country. I'm neither devasted or elated. It is not marmite, therefore not something that Mika has concentrated too much energy into making. :wink2:

Personally, I like it. It's fun.

I don't think the lack of Mika really disrupts my view of it, just because I don't require band members in videos. But, maybe that's just me.

I think it's great that you see these characters dancing around, isn't that what we all kind of do in our real lives anyway? It's cute and fun and I like it.

I think I've figured out how everyone is related in the video . . . (yes, I have way too much free time, and also too many thoughts in my head! :teehee:)

Here's a screencap with everyone numbered.

001dqq24

Here's what I think. 1 and 2 are the parents of 3 and 4 (who are sisters). 4 is the mother of 7. 3 is the mother of 5, who is married to 6. 8 and 9 are the children of 5 and 6.

I think I've figured out how everyone is related in the video . . . (yes, I have way too much free time, and also too many thoughts in my head! :teehee:)

Here's a screencap with everyone numbered.

001dqq24

Here's what I think. 1 and 2 are the parents of 3 and 4 (who are sisters). 4 is the mother of 7. 3 is the mother of 5, who is married to 6. 8 and 9 are the children of 5 and 6.

YOU are GOOD! :thumb_yello:

I can't say that I loved it, but I liked it a lot, which is enough for me. It was so stylish and french. The older man was hilarious :roftl:.

It didn't bother me much that Mika wasn't in it. It's just one music video among many others that Mika has done.

Okay... well... For me the vid has good and bad points. Like most people, I'd have loved to see Mika, but then, if he'd been in it, where would he fit in to the family in the vid?

One thing I had been dreading was Mika, pretending to be a teenager arguing with Mother. He's too old for that now and critics would have pulled him to pieces if he'd done that. On the other hand, he's too young to play the father of a teenager, so the fact that there was a family, that didn't have Mika in it, was right in that respect.

But in another respect, it is (as someone has said) like a fan-made video, mostly with people miming to camera. The old man was good, I loved his expressions, but everyone else was very average imho.

But Elle Me Dit was obviously not meant to be such a hit. It was just meant to be a kind of bonus, or a stop-gap song to let ppl know he's still here, and it was also released to promote the Compiege gig in France. So I suppose we couldn't expect a video to rival such a vid as Happy Ending (my all-time fave Mika vid) but it is pleasant and it is fun, and it does fit the song.

I like it too. it's bright, funny (the gay character is my favourite). Of course I'd love to see Mika in it and shame he doesn't appear even as a... postman or someone:naughty: as people may not know who's singing the song.

Archived