Hello from New England!

Mibuck24

Hey! This is Michael (Mibuck24)! I'm super excited and OBSESSED with MIKA! (Of course, I know I'm not the only one!) I can't wait for his new album, The Origin Of Love. I haven't been to any of his concerts because I became a fan late last year. :( But I have a "We Are Golden" Tee Shirt, both of his Albums (including music from his Songs for Sorrow EP and his unreleased demos). I can't get enough of him. Hopefully he will tour in North America summer 2012 so I will get to see him in person! I love the depth to all of his songs - his tragic and hopeful lyrics, and the bright atmosphere he creates around them. I can't believe I didn't join MFC until now! I anticipate getting to listen MIKA news with the rest of you!

-Mike B.

PS - I have shopped for the most MIKA-like clothing, and emulate his style. I aspire to be like him! Classically trained vocalists all the way! :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! This is Michael (Mibuck24)! I'm super excited and OBSESSED with MIKA! (Of course, I know I'm not the only one!) I can't wait for his new album, The Origin Of Love. I haven't been to any of his concerts because I became a fan late last year. :( But I have a "We Are Golden" Tee Shirt, both of his Albums (including music from his Songs for Sorrow EP and his unreleased demos). I can't get enough of him. Hopefully he will tour in North America summer 2012 so I will get to see him in person! I love the depth to all of his songs - his tragic and hopeful lyrics, and the bright atmosphere he creates around them. I can't believe I didn't join MFC until now! I anticipate getting to listen MIKA news with the rest of you!

-Mike B.

PS - I have shopped for the most MIKA-like clothing, and emulate his style. I aspire to be like him! Classically trained vocalists all the way! :D

What a lovely introduction. I'm always extra-happy to see Americans coming to know Mika, as the lack of radio-play there, doesn't help him to become big in the USA. British media have so much more respect for acts that have conquered the American market. It's like... "You're not a proper popstar until you're big accross the pond"

I really hope that this latest concert for the Human Rights Campaign will have got him more noticed in the USA and that the radio stations there will start to play his music and give people chance to know him, and once you know Mika, you love him, simple as that.

Welcome to the MFC. You've joined at a really great time as we anticipate new singles and the new album early next year.

:welcomeani: Micheal!! (lucky you, you have his name..:biggrin2:) i'm fairly new on MFC as well but i think you'll have a great time...these folks know how to turn an obsession into a heck-of-a-party !:thumb_yello:

have fun and see you around!

@marilyn - i agree, can't help wishing he was bigger in the states....well at least i can keep calling into my radio stations here and requesting his songs..:wink2:

• 10 months later...