Mika and Carla Bruni on Michel Legrand's Christmas Album

BiaIchihara

You tricked me to find it again and check out on youtube and my heart started to skip the beats. Curiosity killed the cat! :stretcher: If I survive this I must remember to put a sticky note on my monitor "Never listen to that "Can't stand losing you" again!":aah:

Exactly, I just had to go and find it! Didn't listen to it through either... :roftl:

I really love Mika's voice in Vive le vent, I think he sounds really good :wub2: I was surprised he managed to make the song sound so much his own style. The musical arrangement around it is just too loud and "busy", as Rose said.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my...

I never heard "can`t stand loosing you"... and I wish I wouldn`t have just a min ago:blink:. Didn`t make it till the end...:shocked:

but now I`m:roftl:.

That sounds so much not like mika

o my what's wrong with me?? just heard this for the first time and i don't hate it - not the most inspired remix but i can def hear meeks' voice and it sounds just :mf_lustslow:

o my what's wrong with me?? just heard this for the first time and i don't hate it - not the most inspired remix but i can def hear meeks' voice and it sounds just :mf_lustslow:

My problem was the beginning, I couldn't listen to it through to hear Mika :teehee: (just not my style of music).

Edit: I didn't even know about this old cover, it's from 2007?

Edited by tiibet

2 VIDs of "Noël, Noël, Noël" no MIKA...

YouTube

Le compositeur Michel Legrand sort un album de Noël

TF1

"Noël, Noël, Noël", sous la baguette de Michel Legrand

http://videos.tf1.fr/jt-13h/noel-noel-noel-sous-la-baguette-de-michel-legrand-6830901.html

great!!:biggrin2:

i will listen to complete album when i receive it!:teehee:

Perez wrote about this album

http://perezhilton.com/2011-11-23-mika-christmas-album-vive-la-vent-french-jingle-bells#.Ts4gW7Ik67s

P.S! We know he's singing in French, but it really sounds like he's saying "Louboutins! Louboutins!" We don't know, maybe subconsciously that's just what really want for Christmas. LOL.

Really LOL :naughty:

Perez wrote about this album

http://perezhilton.com/2011-11-23-mika-christmas-album-vive-la-vent-french-jingle-bells#.Ts4gW7Ik67s

P.S! We know he's singing in French, but it really sounds like he's saying "Louboutins! Louboutins!" We don't know, maybe subconsciously that's just what really want for Christmas. LOL.

Really LOL :naughty:

Hahaha! I read that.I like the last comment and yes, I would like a Louboutins for Christmas :naughty:

I really love Mika's voice in Vive le vent, I think he sounds really good :wub2: I was surprised he managed to make the song sound so much his own style. The musical arrangement around it is just too loud and "busy", as Rose said.

I think he sang it beautifully! And what bothers me most are those back vocals, more than orchestra and arrangement. :aah:

2 VIDs of "Noël, Noël, Noël" no MIKA...

But that can be good. He sang, dazzled everyone and connie_finishline.gif hurried back to finish his own songs! Hopefully.:naughty:

Yes, and best forgotten. That's probably why you didn't know about it. I think for the same reason other people are not meant to sing Mika's songs Mika is generally better off sticking to his own music. Satellite was a brilliant interpretation and I think it was good for him to showcase Everybody's Talkin' in the early days to give people who didn't know his work a sense of the familiar. But otherwise I find I forget about all his covers once the novelty wears off.

I don't really understand the point of these types of mixes anyway. It's not danceable and it sounds like stressful noise. I've never heard anything like that in a danceclub and yet it seems like someone is always making remixes with these harsh, nonmusical sounds. I don't know who the audience is meant to be.

Don't know if this was posted or not? I thought there was nothing new, until the line "Dans un premier temps programmé pour une parution au mois de février, il ne devrait pas pointer avant le mois de mai." Please, don't say it means no album until MAY!!!??? :aah::aah::aah: at least that's what Google translator said and I hope it's wrong!!! :aah::aah::aah:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-76765.html

wow

He's slowly killing us..:mf_rosetinted:

My problem was the beginning, I couldn't listen to it through to hear Mika :teehee: (just not my style of music).

o yea the beginning is completely hideous and the 'music' is overpowering and repetitive..ugh..but i ignore all that and concentrate on mika..:naughty:

Yes, and best forgotten. That's probably why you didn't know about it. I think for the same reason other people are not meant to sing Mika's songs Mika is generally better off sticking to his own music. Satellite was a brilliant interpretation and I think it was good for him to showcase Everybody's Talkin' in the early days to give people who didn't know his work a sense of the familiar. But otherwise I find I forget about all his covers once the novelty wears off.

I don't really understand the point of these types of mixes anyway. It's not danceable and it sounds like stressful noise. I've never heard anything like that in a danceclub and yet it seems like someone is always making remixes with these harsh, nonmusical sounds. I don't know who the audience is meant to be.

Well, yes, it's possible I had heard about it but actively forgotten it, I don't pay much attention to that style of music or remixes in general :teehee:

I prefer him singing his own songs too, and I agree that Satellite is absolutely beautiful :wub2: (I would love to hear him singing Everybody's talkin' too).

o yea the beginning is completely hideous and the 'music' is overpowering and repetitive..ugh..but i ignore all that and concentrate on mika..:naughty:

I guess I should have skipped the beginning :roftl:

too late :stretcher:

and now seriously... are we sure it was Mika and... most important... are we sure he didn´t do it under death threat?:mf_rosetinted:

i'm pretty sure it's him...about the death threat - quite possibly:naughty: or mayb he really didn't know the person was gonna do *that* to it!:boxed: