Mika and Carla Bruni on Michel Legrand's Christmas Album

BiaIchihara

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it..it's warm, surprising, wonderful, original, interesting, illustrative, I can dance to it, love the carrabean rhythms, ...but I can't fully love it and I'm not excited cause I suffer from 'HE in trivial advert' trauma...; the symptoms are ...being distanced inside and seeing every song as a future commercial victim... (ok, transplantation adv., blood giving adv., saving nature adv. but shampoo ???....) (I love Mika being a free spirit but I wish I could know his reasons here... )

the worst thing is I don't really see a cure for that....

(so winter didn't freeze me but smething else did...feel frozen)

Have you seen the Boots advert then? They are using the same one to advertise the shampoo in Tesco now as well!:lmfao:

Oh it's not one of those. It's exactly the same as the Boots one but it says get your mystery shampoo in Tesco instead of get your mystery shampoo in Boots. I expect there will be a Sainsbury, Asda and Morrisons one next.:thumb_yello:

Edited by babspanky

Oh it's not one of those. It's exactly the same as the Boots one but it says get your mystery shampoo in Tesco instead of get your mystery shampoo in Boots. I expect there will be a Sainsbury, Asda and Morrisons on next.:thumb_yello:

Oh I can't wait. :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe I'll end up being subconsciously influenced by the music and buy the shampoo.

Even if it is for hair re-growth.

Oh it's not one of those. It's exactly the same as the Boots one but it says get your mystery shampoo in Tesco instead of get your mystery shampoo in Boots. I expect there will be a Sainsbury, Asda and Morrisons on next.:thumb_yello:

Not mentioning the name of the product is a highly ambitious way to launch a new shampoo. I'm not sure if it works for mass products like shampoo. Especially if you have to ask for something you'd use to hide an imperfection...etc. :dunno: I'm curious what the product is though :teehee:

Edited by suzie

Yeah as far as I could see they were basically saying go to Tesco and look for this shampoo. But I am going nowhere to fart around looking for something that I don't know the name of or what it's called. Or even if I want it.

It's a happy ending for me though, it's saving me money.

I love it..it's warm, surprising, wonderful, original, interesting, illustrative, I can dance to it, love the carrabean rhythms, ...but I can't fully love it and I'm not excited cause I suffer from 'HE in trivial advert' trauma...; the symptoms are ...being distanced inside and seeing every song as a future commercial victim... (ok, transplantation adv., blood giving adv., saving nature adv. but shampoo ???....) (I love Mika being a free spirit but I wish I could know his reasons here... )

the worst thing is I don't really see a cure for that....

(so winter didn't freeze me but smething else did...feel frozen)

I'm thrilled about it! Let It Shine by Take That has been on the Morrisons ad like... FOREVER!

And look... Mika was never this starving musician who was only ever interested in music for its own sake.

Neither is he so desperate for fame he would go into the jungle/BB House/or have cameras following his every move for a reality show on ITV2

He's somewhere inbetween all of that. These days musicians have to take advantage of opportunities to have their music on the air. Mika has not been on the radio much in the UK recently, so the adverts remind people that he's around! He probably sees it as another form of promotion, which it is. I love his songs on the ads especially ahead of the new album. It can only be good for him!!

These days musicians have to take advantage of opportunities to have their music on the air. Mika has not been on the radio much in the UK recently, so the adverts remind people that he's around! He probably sees it as another form of promotion, which it is.

Yes, it is. I doubt anyone stops listening to Prokofiev now just because one of his works currently features in 2 advertisements at the same time. :dunno: If the music fits the ad, the better for the artist. If it doesn't, it is only the advertiser that loses on it.

Mika's voice is awesome, so rich and variable, like a diamond. He really created a masterpiece with his voice! Light and airy, like a fairytale :fangurl:

But the music.... Especially at the beginning, it's something bleeeh. After my son drove me crazy playing Argry Birds in Rio it makes me only laugh.

Moreover, it remind me Mas Que Nada (especially the Black Eyed Peas's cover). I like latino music, but not in this song.

If only Mika could play his own variant, without this way-too-funny music!

Don't know if this was posted or not? I thought there was nothing new, until the line "Dans un premier temps programmé pour une parution au mois de février, il ne devrait pas pointer avant le mois de mai." Please, don't say it means no album until MAY!!!??? :aah::aah::aah: at least that's what Google translator said and I hope it's wrong!!! :aah::aah::aah:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-76765.html

Don't know if this was posted or not? I thought there was nothing new, until the line "Dans un premier temps programmé pour une parution au mois de février, il ne devrait pas pointer avant le mois de mai." Please, don't say it means no album until MAY!!!??? :aah::aah::aah: at least that's what Google translator said and I hope it's wrong!!! :aah::aah::aah:

I saw something saying April.

I hope they are both wrong, and it's February like first reported.

It all seems a bit funny to me :aah:

So I'm just gonna go with February. It's a nice month.

I really doubt it's February. It looks imposible to release an album so early :boxed: April was ok for me (not because of my birthday :mf_rosetinted:) but now it's May, so what's tomorrow? June? July? :aah: Maybe I should be happy if he releases it before world ends :mf_rosetinted:

A few articles mentioned April, and now it's May.. :blink:

I don't really know what they know, I saw an article where they explained Mika's lateness with his tweet about transatlantic flights.. They saw it as an excuse from Mika as to why the album isn't ready! I don't think anybody here understood this from that tweet? :dunno:

I really doubt it's February. It looks imposible to release an album so early :boxed: April was ok for me (not because of my birthday :mf_rosetinted:) but now it's May, so what's tomorrow? June? July? :aah: Maybe I should be happy if he releases it before world ends :mf_rosetinted:

Why February is early? He stated that his album is half ready more than a year ago :sneaky2: And described the style of it already in June 2010.

I think April is too much, let alone May! Wasn't he talking in Korea about Christmas? Or was it really the next Xmas?:boxed:

I won't bear that postpones anymore :boxed::aah: I'm frustrated.

Why February is early? He stated that his album is half ready more than a year ago :sneaky2: And described the style of it already in June 2010.

I think April is too much, let alone May! Wasn't he talking in Korea about Christmas? Or was it really the next Xmas?:boxed:

I won't bear that postpones anymore :boxed::aah: I'm frustrated.

In Korean interview he said that in Christmas would have a 70% or 80% done of the album....so I don't expect anything until next year :mf_rosetinted:

In Korean interview he said that in Christmas would have a 70% or 80% done of the album....so I don't expect anything until next year :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, February CAN sound plausible! But please not May :boxed:

Moreover, my husband is bullying me since summer: Where is his new album? What he is doing for so long?

I'm tired to fight back and invent excuses. :aah: