Mika and Carla Bruni on Michel Legrand's Christmas Album

BiaIchihara

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His voice is lovely but the music overpowers the vocals. It reminds me of those interviews where they are doing a voiceover in another language and you can't hear him properly. :aah:

It's a shame because his vocals are really nice and they've actually done something a bit interesting if you stripped out the horns.

Thanks for uploading Eloise. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

Now that I heard it in full I can give my opinion. It's okay, but I really don't like the background "singers?" and the beginning. Would have liked it more with just his voice.

I´m with you here... and the "african" sound at the end... I dislike it a lot :aah: but yes, his voice is amazing (but hey, we already knew that, didn´t we?).

We have a version of this song in Spanish too, but it has NOTHING to do with this one... only the "vive le vent" part sounds the same :roftl:

I love how he finds the way to include falseto in EVERYTHING :lmfao:

His voice is lovely but the music overpowers the vocals. It reminds me of those interviews where they are doing a voiceover in another language and you can't hear him properly. :aah:

It's a shame because his vocals are really nice and they've actually done something a bit interesting if you stripped out the horns.

I know what you mean, would love to hear "more Mika", he sounds really good :wub2:

I´m with you here... and the "african" sound at the end... I dislike it a lot :aah: but yes, his voice is amazing (but hey, we already knew that, didn´t we?).

We have a version of this song in Spanish too, but it has NOTHING to do with this one... only the "vive le vent" part sounds the same :roftl:

:naughty::naughty:

that's like his signature :lmfao:

That's the first thing I noticed too :blush-anim-cl:

I'm in a Christmas mood now cos of Mika :wub2:

Exactly my thoughts aswell! You are welcome :biggrin2:

But I still love it!

Mika's voice is bland as the first snow ... And insinuating). I forgot even that the winter is cold). But background reminded a artificial snow and plastic trees...I not hear the Christmas bells almost...but maracas, palms and Cha Cha Cha. There are unnecessary musical experiments. I love the sound of the trumpets. And Mika's voice, of course.

Yet I realized that I miss for His falsetto. Although I like most, when Mika sings without strain on His vocal chords. Love His baritone very much

Edited by Lena

[YOUTUBE]XkKW0sA55fI[/YOUTUBE]

:teehee: BUT HERE IT IS! FULL VIVE LE VENT!

T4P!

I like it, although it isn't his finest musical moment. :teehee: But no one expected it to be, so I'm just going to enjoy what we have!

The funny drums do sound a bit more exotic than Christmas, and it is a bit irregular throughout, but I think that only adds to its unique charm. :naughty:

T4P!

I like it, although it isn't his finest musical moment. :teehee: But no one expected it to be, so I'm just going to enjoy what we have!

The funny drums do sound a bit more exotic than Christmas, and it is a bit irregular throughout, but I think that only adds to its unique charm. :naughty:

Hey you're totaly right. I love the fact it's Mika and the sound is very big band 50's but this is my 'time of the year :newyear:' so I'm going to lay back and enjoy. Wish he made a cd with traditional Xmas songs it would make a difference with my old Xmas collection and it would make the waiting for his new cd less long :teehee:

I should take my words back. My headphones distorted the sounds, including voice. I hear all muffled, both through the water column. It turned out, the song sounds bright and juicy. Waiting for tomorrow to hear the song in full light. And Mika's voice will be even better!

But the drums...

I love it..it's warm, surprising, wonderful, original, interesting, illustrative, I can dance to it, love the carrabean rhythms, ...but I can't fully love it and I'm not excited cause I suffer from 'HE in trivial advert' trauma...; the symptoms are ...being distanced inside and seeing every song as a future commercial victim... (ok, transplantation adv., blood giving adv., saving nature adv. but shampoo ???....) (I love Mika being a free spirit but I wish I could know his reasons here... )

the worst thing is I don't really see a cure for that....

(so winter didn't freeze me but smething else did...feel frozen)