Mika and Carla Bruni on Michel Legrand's Christmas Album

BiaIchihara

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why February is early? He stated that his album is half ready more than a year ago :sneaky2: And described the style of it already in June 2010.

I think April is too much, let alone May! Wasn't he talking in Korea about Christmas? Or was it really the next Xmas?:boxed:

I won't bear that postpones anymore :boxed::aah: I'm frustrated.

I can tell you why I think it's too early :naughty: actually few days ago I was thinking about this album and that's how I see it.. If I remember corectly, he said somewhere that he had nothing until last February. Between February and Christmas there is 11 months. He said that around Christmas he will finish about 70% of the new album, which means he will need about 5 more months to finish this album. So that would be about May. But.... If we will look at the date, when Mika finished recording TBWKTM (which I believe was in April) and the date when it was released (September), there is another 5 months. So that means we will have new album in October :naughty: That's why I think February is too early :mf_rosetinted:

Ok, don't take this too seriously, it's just my theory :roftl:

I can tell you why I think it's too early :naughty: actually few days ago I was thinking about this album and that's how I see it.. If I remember corectly, he said somewhere that he had nothing until last February. Between February and Christmas there is 11 months. He said that around Christmas he will finish about 70% of the new album, which means he will need about 5 more months to finish this album. So that would be about May. But.... If we will look at the date, when Mika finished recording TBWKTM (which I believe was in April) and the date when it was released (September), there is another 5 months. So that means we will have new album in October :naughty: That's why I think February is too early :mf_rosetinted:

So if the new album comes out in October that means the new tour will be in 2013...omg, that's a nightmare :mf_rosetinted: I can't believe that,I won't survive :no:

They saw it as an excuse from Mika as to why the album isn't ready! I don't think anybody here understood this from that tweet? :dunno:

I understood it as an excuse for why he hasn't been tweeting. :teehee:

He stated that his album is half ready more than a year ago :sneaky2:

Oh dear :no: He said the same thing in 2007. I know you weren't around at that time but you should know by now not to listen to anything Mika says. :naughty:

I can tell you why I think it's too early :naughty:

<snip>

So that means we will have new album in October :naughty: That's why I think February is too early :mf_rosetinted:

:thumb_yello:

But seriously, I think May is far more realistic and it's really not that long. He will be doing things well in advance of the release.

So if the new album comes out in October that means the new tour will be in 2013...omg, that's a nightmare :mf_rosetinted: I can't believe that,I won't survive :no:

And the worst part is that there will be no such thing as 2013 :mf_rosetinted:

Don't worry, as I said, don't take this too seriously, it's just my theory :naughty:

:rolls_eyes:

1 You have assumed that Mika writes songs at a steady rate

2 The article says the album was originally planned to come out in February but now looks like May. That's the release date, not the finishing writing date :naughty:

:rolls_eyes:

1 You have assumed that Mika writes songs at a steady rate

I know, that's why I said it's my theory and not how it is for real. I have no idea how Mika's brains works when he writes songs :naughty:

2 The article says the album was originally planned to come out in February but now looks like May. That's the release date, not the finishing writing date :naughty:

I know :thumb_yello: I said he will end recording in May, because after Christmas he will need 5 more months to finish it (not really, just mathematically). That's why I said May, not beacuse of the article :teehee:

Now that I agree with :naughty:

:teehee:

hmmmm i just got back from seeing a customer & on my way there, i was listening to CKOI fm Montreal, who in general love Mika & play his music alot, including "Elle me dit".

Well, they were reviewing the new Christmas albums coming out this year & they started to talk about Michel Legrand’s album.

They were mentioning all the artists that are participating on the album & then mentioned Mika....

They played a portion of Mika’s song. They are not a fan at all of this version of “Vive le vent”

To put it mildly, they do not like his voice at all in this song & had a giggle-fest which lasted for about 5 min.

So, my guess is, we will not be hearing it much on that station.

hmmmm i just got back from seeing a customer & on my way there, i was listening to CKOI fm Montreal, who in general love Mika & play his music alot, including "Elle me dit".

Well, they were reviewing the new Christmas albums coming out this year & they started to talk about Michel Legrand’s album.

They were mentioning all the artists that are participating on the album & then mentioned Mika....

They played a portion of Mika’s song. They are not a fan at all of this version of “Vive le vent”

To put it mildly, they do not like his voice at all in this song & had a giggle-fest which lasted for about 5 min.

eeks :blink:... but i think his voice is delicious on the song (though the song as a whole can be polarizing)..

I think Mika's voice sounds too refined for the perception of Vive Le Vent of their ears .

Heard it all the way through now.

It's a bit busy isn't it?

And in the middle Mikas vocal seems a bit out of time with the music, not sure if that was intentional, or a faux pas on Michels part when mixing it!:blink:

The percussion is a bit weird near the end, not sure what Michel was trying to achieve with that, but it messed it up a bit.

Mikas vocal wasn't too bad, it just at times didn't seem to gel with the music.

Not as bad as the nightmare that was Can't Stand Losing You, for R1s 40th anniversary album.

But makes me think that there are some collaborations Mika should avoid like the plague in future.

I never made it through to the end of "Can't stand losing you" :naughty:

:teehee:

You tricked me to find it again and check out on youtube and my heart started to skip the beats. Curiosity killed the cat! :stretcher: If I survive this I must remember to put a sticky note on my monitor "Never listen to that "Can't stand losing you" again!":aah: