Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:blink: I'm not a native English speaker, so can someone please explain to me what "pallet cleansing" means? :dunno:

Doesn't he mean palate cleansing instead???:mf_rosetinted:

And is Chinese man, get up a new song or what????:blink:

Edited by willywonka

Doesn't he mean palate clea:mf_rosetinted:ising instead???

And is Chinese man, get up a new song or what????:blink:

No ... he was cleaning pallets in the middle of the night while asking his loving Chinese man to get up and close the curtains. :mf_rosetinted:

:blink: I'm not a native English speaker, so can someone please explain to me what "pallet cleansing" means? :dunno:

It's spelled "palate". :teehee: When you are tasting wine (or beer or food, etc.) you want to sort of "clean" the roof of your mouth in between tastings so you are prepared to taste the next sample without the flavour and smell being contaminated by some of the flavours you've already tasted.

I guess he is saying that he is clearing his "ears" in between listening to mixes (from the album) by listening to songs by other artists.

It's spelled "palate". :teehee: When you are tasting wine (or beer or food, etc.) you want to sort of "clean" the roof of your mouth in between tastings so you are prepared to taste the next sample without the flavour and smell being contaminated by some of the flavours you've already tasted.

I guess he is saying that he is clearing his "ears" in between listening to mixes (from the album) by listening to songs by other artists.

:blink: Now I'm getting confused.

I hope you don't mind but I think I'll go for the explanation that Ingie gave. :teehee:

It's like when you're in a perfume store and you have to smell coffee beans in order to be able to smell anything after that:naughty:

Yes. :thumb_yello:

Or in my case I just run out as quickly as possible before I develop a massive migraine. :naughty:

He means palate. As in a palate cleanser. As in your taste buds, chefs serve palate cleansers between courses to remove strong flavours of say a main course, before moving on to subtle flavours of a dessert for example.

It's like a refresher. And in modern terminology it's come to mean just refreshing something... or more neutralising something. Not just related to food.

Oh, thanks for the explanation!! Hahah, I just couldn't understand his tweets in the morning, been wondering it for hours :roftl: Yes, now it makes sense.

I hope you don't mind but I think I'll go for the explanation that Ingie gave. :teehee:

christine's right though - the common expression and sense it's used in is 'cleaning the palate'

the sense ingie used of 'cleaning a palette' (painting board) could apply as well but only if he was sorta wiping it clean, not using other works (in this case songs) to help focus his new direction....

maybe i confused you more...:naughty:

in the sense of the chinese man getting up to close the curtains, he used it right - a 'pallet' is a straw filled bed...:aah::teehee:

[YOUTUBE]SfPmwI-yicA[/YOUTUBE]

Oh, now i see...:dumb:

It's easy, he was listening to other music in between his to clean his pallet, Annie...:mf_rosetinted:

Oh, now i see...:dumb:

It's easy, he was listening to other music in between his to clean his pallet, Annie...:mf_rosetinted:

That could also be an explanation. :naughty:

I'm going to ask him right now what he meant. All this confusion is too much for me. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm completely confused with this tweet. Was he listening to that song ("Get up")? What rough mixes? of his songs? How can he listen that "Get up" thing and rough mixes of his songs at the same time? While cleansing the pallet? Maybe he was working on some new artwork for TOOL? Or maybe Owen Pallet was at his place cleansing whilst listening to rough mixes. Oh, no he is Pallett, but then again... :blink::boxed:

unit_wp.gif

:mf_rosetinted: but then again...:naughty:

I'm completely confused with this tweet. Was he listening to that song ("Get up")? What rough mixes? of his songs? How can he listen that "Get up" thing and rough mixes of his songs at the same time? While cleansing the pallet? Maybe he was working on some new artwork for TOOL? Or maybe Owen Pallet was at his place cleansing whilst listening to rough mixes. Oh, no he is Pallett, but then again... :blink::boxed:

unit_wp.gif

:mf_rosetinted: but then again...:naughty:

Is Owen Pallett Chinese? :naughty:

Oh dear now we've brought Owen Pallett into it. :roftl:

I'd say yes, listening to that nonsense hip hop is a good way to clear his ears so he can assess rough mixes of his own songs - because they are nothing alike. :naughty: