Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

This is only my very own opinion, only me speculating.

I'm wondering if he's going for a new image, to, maybe, get more success in places like America and also, get popular in the UK again. He does need to be. It's high time he was selling out stadiums in the UK and USA

It looks like that, doesn't it?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with Sara (no surprise :teehee:) that the band should be in or out and not half-way between. A week ago I would have said they will be relegated to the background but after his latest magazine article I wonder if he's not looking for his "gang" - more close collaborators than hired hands. It will be interesting to see which way it goes and how well it works.

I always thought he has tried to have it both ways, not half-way between, but it's probably not working. Very interesting to see which way it goes in the future, indeed.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head there, Lena :thumb_yello:

One thing that I do hope he does with the new band, and this one of my main criticisms of him with this band business, is leave them to be just that: musicians in the background.

I think that what he seems to struggle with, in my opinion, is coherence. He has a band which he wants to use for certain things, like dressing them up in a theme or costumes, make they do all sorts of theatre routines, play dead, etc.... yet he wants them to keep a distance and be 'just the musicians'. He has at times treated them as friends, especially Martin and Cherisse, and used them for support on stage when he was feeling particularly vulnerable (all this is evident to any casual observer, I think) but at the same time he seems to want them to sort of disappear when he's not ready for them.

That is just not how things work in reality, and will always cause trouble IMHO.

When I see other solo artists perform, I often look at the band situation, and I have noticed two different scenarios: Scenario A: the bands where they are clearly artist + band, and there is a total divide, they are hired session musicians and that's it, or scenario B, where the artist and band are clearly very close, good friends, and go the long hog together as a team. This doesn't mean that they are not still a solo artist, but that they appreciate the support of their band and include them in things.

What Mika seemed to have created, and in my opinion that is where the problems lie, is a hybrid: The band were neither here nor there. And I think this is what he will probably need to think about for the next tour. Figure out what sort of involvement and relationship he wants, and stick with it. But he needs to realise that if he wants a band who are merely that, musicians in the background, he can't ask them to (for example) dress up in a Mozart outfit and prance around the stage playing or pretending to be shot dead, etc...They are musicians. I think that he's actually been very lucky so far, that the musicians he's had have been game for all that stuff :naughty:

I hadn't thought about it in quite that way before, but now you mention it, it makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Mika was close friends with the band. With the possible exception of Cherisse that is not the impression I had at all. The days of them all hanging out in a tour bus are long, long gone and it seemed to me that Mika was tight with his inner circle of family and school-era friends and the band and the crew were employees.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks Mika was close friends with the band. With the possible exception of Cherisse that is not the impression I had at all. The days of them all hanging out in a tour bus are long, long gone and it seemed to me that Mika was tight with his inner circle of family and school-era friends and the band and the crew were employees.

Actually this is exactly the impression I have too. When I commented about the band I referred how they looked together on stage (not outside). I think you are right, it always looks he separates family/real friends and employees.

This is only my very own opinion, only me speculating.

I'm wondering if he's going for a new image, to, maybe, get more success in places like America and also, get popular in the UK again. He does need to be. It's high time he was selling out stadiums in the UK and USA

Yep! I hope he'll be able to save us from the rubbish we call pop music ATM!

MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

View this morning! Bizarrely 1 of the buildings in distance appears to be on fire. Black smoke rising a la Sweeney Todd http://pic.twitter.com/hducJL3u

View this morning! Bizarrely 1 of the buildings in distance appears to be on fire. Black smoke rising a la Sweeney Todd http://pic.twitter.com/hducJL3u

Ass4SkWCEAAagMj.jpg

MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

Was just sent this by my friend Ida. She's preparing 4 rehers @ La Scala tomorrow. I'm recording in studio #distract_me http://pic.twitter.com/iQHpB9wy

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

New Teatro alla Scala Production

teatro-alla-scala.png

Peter Grimes -- Benjamin Britten

From 19 May to 7 June 2012

http://www.teatroallascala.org/en/season/opera-ballet/2011-2012/peter-grimes.html

cast

First Niece Ida Falk Winland

CONGRATS Ida !! :thumb_yello:

MIKA still recording in studio!!??:shocked:Does it mean the new album not only have12 new songs???:mf_rosetinted:

Maybe..

finished -> let Melachi listen -> her reaction is not very good -> records again... :mf_rosetinted:

Maybe..

finished -> let Melachi listen -> her reaction is not very good -> records again... :mf_rosetinted:

:mikasweat: I think MIKA should write a song "She hurts me" as a bonus track.

Edited by DongDong