Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

I haven't posted on here for, like, AGES! But this news has brought me out of the woodwork!

In a nutshell, personally I have no problem with Mika and the band members parting ways. I am assuming that they have parted on completely amicable terms and not due to anything underhand on the part of Mika or due to a 'falling out'.

Mika is a solo artist who happened to hire a group of musicians/singers as backing. He is NOT (i) an integral member of a group/band who is now deciding to ditch his band to follow his own aims/career OR (ii) a 'frontman/lead singer' of a group who the band can/could decide to sack (for whatever reason) - in both instances leaving the future of this entity called a 'group' or 'band' in jeopardy and uncertainty.

My point is just that Mika is, and always will be, a free agent who as a solo artist can hire who he wants to help him do his job best as he sees fit at any given time in his developing career. If, as seems to be implied, this is a new direction, then I trust his judgement to decide to hire/surround himself with other/new personnel who will fit in with this. I'm really looking forward to this new phase! Think it's time for a change.

For me it's always just been about Mika - much as I like Cherisse, Imma, Jimmy etc as individuals, I have only ever been interested in Mika at gigs etc - the band members to me are incidental tbh.

I do, however, think this news announcement could've been handled better though....

Edited by SunshineGirl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In a nutshell, personally I have no problem with Mika and the band members parting ways. I am assuming that they have parted on completely amicable terms and not due to anything underhand on the part of Mika or due to a 'falling out'.

Mika is a solo artist who happened to hire a group of musicians/singers as backing. He is NOT (i) an integral member of a group/band who is now deciding to ditch his band to follow his own aims/career OR (ii) a 'frontman/lead singer' of a group who the band can/could decide to sack (for whatever reason) - in both instances leaving the future of this entity called a 'group' or 'band' in jeopardy and uncertainty.

My point is just that Mika is, and always will be, a free agent who as a solo artist can hire who he wants to help him do his job best as he sees fit at any given time in his developing career. If, as seems to be implied, this is a new direction, then I trust his judgement to decide to hire/surround himself with other/new personnel who will fit in with this.

I do, however, think this news announcement could've been handled better though....

Almost my thoughts! Just that I don't agree on the looking-forward-to-it-part. :aah:

And I'd like to add that I totally understand everyone who is sad about not seeing the band members on Mika's stage in the future. I'm sad about that as well, I thought the 2010-band was simply perfect. But I don't think it's the right thing to attack Mika for that now. We all don't know what happened and how they decided to part ways.

I do agree on those saying there's a communication problem going on, though. I don't know if there's any expert around him for public relation stuff. If yes his or her work isn't the best apparently and if not Mika should really think of hire someone. However, announcing the new record will be out 'very soon', 'before the summer' and then postponing it to autumn isn't the best way to make your fans happy.

The band-news wasn't suppossed to be public as far as I understood it correctly so we can blame him for that one, though.

I haven't posted on here for, like, AGES! But this news has brought me out of the woodwork!

My point is just that Mika is, and always will be, a free agent who as a solo artist can hire who he wants to help him do his job best as he sees fit at any given time in his developing career. If, as seems to be implied, this is a new direction, then I trust his judgement to decide to hire/surround himself with other/new personnel who will fit in with this. I'm really looking forward to this new phase! Think it's time for a change.

For me it's always just been about Mika - much as I like Cherisse, Imma, Jimmy etc as individuals, I have only ever been interested in Mika at gigs etc - the band members to me are incidental tbh.

Agree!

What a brilliant morning, damn.... I woke up only to learn that the album is NOT finished, and my favoritas are gone???

WHAT THE HELL??????????

I really hope I won't enjoy the scene of Mika and some laptop DJ on the stage!

And, as I see, the AUTUMN news look like reliable info :tears: I so hope that it were only rumours...

Speaking about DJ, I imagine the gigs will full of lights and I see Mika is on the table :mf_rosetinted:

exit-dj_stage.jpg

I totally agree with you regarding the band in terms of their role in Mika's work. But for people who have been to many gigs and have been around for many years there is more to it than that. I have had far more interaction with some of the people who have worked for Mika than I could hope to have with Mika over the next 30 years. On a personal level I like them more than Mika because I barely know Mika - if you can even call speaking to someone for 2 minutes a couple of times a year "knowing" at all.

I am not shocked by this and I am not going to hate Mika over it but it is disappointing every time it happens and that's never going to change. After Luke left I felt that I would never get attached to the people around Mika again but the reality is that they are there so many times when Mika is not so if you are part of this world of going to gigs and interacting on Twitter, etc. it's pretty much inevitable.

I don't feel my view would change even if I had been to many gigs. I don't really care about interacting with Mika, all I care about is the music ;-)

But WHAT?? :boxed: Mika why did you do this?

I know they are musicians with their own career to carry on, but in this moment I'm VERY sad. When we think about Mika's gigs, we immmediately link it with Martin, Cherisse, Imma, Jimmy and David! What's wrong with this band? And why does he need to assume other people?

And getting used to associate new people with him and to see a new style will be hard. :mikacool:

I'll miss you all!! :tears:

Edited by WeAreStrong!

Well this is a shock :shocked: *pulls out own hair*

They have been like a family, and you can't replace family... Or can you? Well, Mika can. I just hope that the new band have charisma and we have fun with them.

I wish them all the best :tears:

Hmmm news indeed! Must be, if I'm posting :naughty:.

Sad to see Cherisse move on but I'm absolutely not surprised. I've had a feeling for a while now that this next phase of Mika's career and this next album was always going to require some radical changes.

That's a sensible post Rach!

We're not talking about a band like The Black Eyed Peas here, where they are all part of the whole thing. We're talking about a solo artist, who hires musicians to back him up.

I love Cherise and the others as much as anyone here, but I really think that Mika needs to do what's best for his own career.

Maybe the musicians are happy to move on, and maybe Mika feels he needs a fresh new look and sound for his new album.

I don't see this as bad news, just a new era. I wish them all good luck in the future, but I echo what someone else posted. I'm here for Mika and I trust him.

I don't feel my view would change even if I had been to many gigs. I don't really care about interacting with Mika, all I care about is the music ;-)

I am not talking about interacting with Mika. I'm talking about the people around him.

Just to give you one example, I (and many others) flew to London to see Mika and he cancelled his gigs. I would have loved to have been all about the music but there was no music because Mika didn't turn up. :lmfao:

The band stayed with us and did what people would now call a meet and greet. They took pictures, signed autographs and John took gifts from people that they had brought for Mika. Luke took pity on me and another Canadian MFCer for coming all that way and having the gigs cancelled and said to contact him later and he would get us on the guestlist for a show in Toronto. True to his word he did just that. And when Mika and the band arrived in Toronto Mika blew us off and walked into the venue while Luke came over to make sure that our entry into the venue was sorted.

On the night of the cancellations everyone who had been queuing all day went to a bar across the street to get drunk and cry to the sound of Happy Ending. :naughty: Martin walked by the bar on his way home and when he saw us in the window he decided to come in for a beer and a chat with everyone.

I'm sure fans could tell you a million stories like this, not just about the band, but the crew who have helped them when they have been part of the show and John who has been our saviour more times than you can possibly imagine but hasn't been seen for almost 2 years now. Andy has also been there, interviewing fans, he made a video of MFC and sent it to me to share with everyone, etc. I think you have to be a pretty callous person to be able to look back after all these experiences over the course of 5 years and say you don't care what happens to these people because you are only interested in Mika.

These people are amazing ambassadors for Mika and do whatever they can to help the fans because whether you are there for the music or not if you are going to gigs you are going to be spending a lot of time not actually watching Mika perform. I'm sure you understand that since you spent time in the waiting room with all of us during Sound Academie. Imagine that instead of dragging us around all over the place and threatening to keep us outside the studio during Mika's second set, the people who were in charge of the Mika fans were telling us stories about Mika, asking our opinions about things, getting donuts for us, getting hot chocolate for us, getting ice cream for us, arranging for us to meet Mika after the show, etc. imagine you went to Star Academie 20 times so that these people remembered your face and your name and greeted you warmly with a hug and told you it was great to see you.

Mika is great to his fans. The hot chocolate is his idea. Interviewing fans is his idea. He is the one who agrees to meet fans after the show. But the people he hires to do these things are good people and they are a big part of my Mika experience and I will always be sad to see them go.

I can't believe it :( not cherisse!!

to be honest, I'm tired of the mystery around Mika all the time, with the album and now this. Don't know what to think anymore. I get impatient!

I want official messages !!!!

Well this is a shock :shocked: *pulls out own hair*

They have been like a family, and you can't replace family... Or can you? Well, Mika can. I just hope that the new band have charisma and we have fun with them.

I wish them all the best :tears:

I agree with you.

It felt like family, and it was such a great feeling to see how they work together, how they understand each other on stage, and how they understand Mika from one flick of hi finger.

It was clearly seen at Magic Numbers gig.

Yes, Mika is a solo artist, but it doesn't erase our affection towards the band members. We liked them as persons! And it will be not easy to get used to so many new faces at once (if any????).

I agree with you.

It felt like family, and it was such a great feeling to see how they work together, how they understand each other on stage, and how they understand Mika from one flick of hi finger.

It was clearly seen at Magic Numbers gig.

Yes, Mika is a solo artist, but it doesn't erase our affection towards the band members. We liked them as persons! And it will be not easy to get used to so many new faces at once (if any????).

Exactly! It's like saying goodbye to all your school mates at the end of the school year! You didn't know them at first because they were just there for education, like you were, but you grow friendships, and begin to love each other in the end!

We'll all stay in touch with them I'm sure, but in the end, we've got to move on, and let's hope we get used to the new people quickly. :teehee:

We'll all stay in touch with them I'm sure, but in the end, we've got to move on, and let's hope we get used to the new people quickly. :teehee:

I worry more about them getting used to us. :naughty:

I hope that the band will be alright. It seems like they still have something to do and bands to play in, so this break up doesn't have to be such a negative thing, although I will miss all of them :( I have always taken Cherisse, Imma and the others as part of Mika and part of his music. I just hope that his new band will be just as amazing.

Well I have to say I am looking forward to the festivals now because without the new album I thought it was going to be the same old same old. I would still prefer the familiarity of the band members from 2010 but I am glad that Mika recognizes the need to reinvent himself if he wants to progress in his career. Things change so fast and he's been gone a long time in pop music terms.

I´m 48 years old now and I can say that life is always change. Sometimes we like the changes and somtetimes we don´t like them but it belongs to life and to tell the truth without changes life would be so boring. I really can understand what you all said here and I´m also sad that I won´t see Cherisse, Imma and Martin again, I´ll miss them but I´m also curious for the new band.

So let´s be a bit sad all together and then move on looking forward to the future.