Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

Well I have to say I am looking forward to the festivals now because without the new album I thought it was going to be the same old same old. I would still prefer the familiarity of the band members from 2010 but I am glad that Mika recognizes the need to reinvent himself if he wants to progress in his career. Things change so fast and he's been gone a long time in pop music terms.

+1 :thumb_yello:, especially he can´t play too many new songs before the album release.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Phew... :sad:

#Mika is a solo singer - Agree

#Mika needs a new career and new music with new refreshing bands - Agree

But for me, I loved his live stage set more, maybe much more than the recorded album itself...and the live stage set is not only Mika's , but collaboration &harmony of all band members.....

feels like my favorite band suddenly announces they're split away and going their own way....

Yeah I really know Mika is not band but a male solo singer........

I haven't posted on here for, like, AGES! But this news has brought me out of the woodwork!

In a nutshell, personally I have no problem with Mika and the band members parting ways. I am assuming that they have parted on completely amicable terms and not due to anything underhand on the part of Mika or due to a 'falling out'.

Mika is a solo artist who happened to hire a group of musicians/singers as backing. He is NOT (i) an integral member of a group/band who is now deciding to ditch his band to follow his own aims/career OR (ii) a 'frontman/lead singer' of a group who the band can/could decide to sack (for whatever reason) - in both instances leaving the future of this entity called a 'group' or 'band' in jeopardy and uncertainty.

My point is just that Mika is, and always will be, a free agent who as a solo artist can hire who he wants to help him do his job best as he sees fit at any given time in his developing career. If, as seems to be implied, this is a new direction, then I trust his judgement to decide to hire/surround himself with other/new personnel who will fit in with this. I'm really looking forward to this new phase! Think it's time for a change.

For me it's always just been about Mika - much as I like Cherisse, Imma, Jimmy etc as individuals, I have only ever been interested in Mika at gigs etc - the band members to me are incidental tbh.

I do, however, think this news announcement could've been handled better though....

I agree with every word of the above.

I've never been too attached to any of the band members either, in fact at times I have felt slightly annoyed that some of the focus has been taken away from Mika during routines etc. I guess I am not one for too much 'band interaction' and all that goofing around on stage etc. Important to have a good musical chemistry of course, as I always felt Mika and Martin had for example, but that's as far as it goes really, for me.

If I want to see a band, I go and see a band. When I go to see a solo artist I'm only going to see that person and the rest is window dressing.

I do understand why people get attached to backing band members in any fandom, of course, but I don't share those sentiments.

I do wish all ex band members every success in the future though :thumb_yello:

Well I have to say I am looking forward to the festivals now because without the new album I thought it was going to be the same old same old. I would still prefer the familiarity of the band members from 2010 but I am glad that Mika recognizes the need to reinvent himself if he wants to progress in his career. Things change so fast and he's been gone a long time in pop music terms.

Absolutely -- that's why I can't get too upset over this. I enjoyed seeing

the familiar faces of Cherisse, Martin, etc. but my main focus is always MIKA.

Maybe I'd be more disturbed if I thought they'd been sacked in a nasty or

mean-spirited way, but I think it's just a natural progression -- and as you note,

I think Mika DOES need to reinvent himself and keep moving forward.

I do understand why people get attached to backing band members in any fandom, of course, but I don't share those sentiments.

I do wish all ex band members every success in the future though :thumb_yello:

Oh yes, absolutely. I mean, I still follow Luke Juby, and I'm sure I'll continue

to care about iMMa and Cherisse and all. But I'm excited to see the next phase...

I'm always looking forward to what happens next with Mika! :wub2:

I only heard about this 2nd hand so I hadn't realised it was the whole band; I thought it was just iMMa and Cherisse. It is rather sad, although I imagine they will have other projects to move on to. Indeed it could be that they had other commitments that made them unavailable for Mika's work.

I don't envy the new folk, but I'm sure (I hope :wink2:) Mika will choose great musicians with good characters.

Oh yes, absolutely. I mean, I still follow Luke Juby, and I'm sure I'll continue

to care about iMMa and Cherisse and all. But I'm excited to see the next phase...

Totally Agree with you!!!

I'm really really curious

sounds like Mika and the MFc are having a frank chat :naughty:

rosa ‏ @basicamenteyo

@mikasounds go on Mika. We really trust you. Dont let anyone get you down and follow your heart!

5m MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

@basicamenteyo x

5:42 PM - 11 May 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details

7m Christine © ‏ @Skeptique

@mikasounds @Rakpenguin63 Looking forward to the gigs now. I'm up for radical change :)

@Skeptique lol thanks x

1h Sabine ‏ @bine44

@Rakpenguin63 @mikasounds you started it? Good idea #InMikaWeTrust

1h Rose ‏ @Rakpenguin63

@bine44 @mikasounds I was bored, and it just popped in my head when someone tweeted about maybe we should trust his judgement #InMikaWeTrust

6m MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

@Rakpenguin63 Reckless and disrespectful is the last thing I am being. Pls trust me on that. X

5:41 PM - 11 May 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details

8m MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

@Rakpenguin63 thank you. All of you for this. It's really encouraging to hear and to have your support.

Hey guys! I haven't posted on here in forever, but I had to stop in when I heard this news! Of course my initial reaction was a little sad and disappointed, but... as long as Mika's not going anywhere i'm ok :naughty:

I have very fond memories of the band members since '07, and will continue to follow them via twitter and such, but I can't WAIT for Mika's new tour and album, and I trust that he knows what he's doing! It's him and his songwriting that I'm here for.

Hey guys! I haven't posted on here in forever, but I had to stop in when I heard this news! Of course my initial reaction was a little sad and disappointed, but... as long as Mika's not going anywhere i'm ok :naughty:

I have very fond memories of the band members since '07, and will continue to follow them via twitter and such, but I can't WAIT for Mika's new tour and album, and I trust that he knows what he's doing! It's him and his songwriting that I'm here for.

well hello! long time no see! :blush-anim-cl:

sounds like Mika and the MFc are having a frank chat :naughty:

rosa ‏ @basicamenteyo

@mikasounds go on Mika. We really trust you. Dont let anyone get you down and follow your heart!

@basicamenteyo x

7m Christine © ‏ @Skeptique

@mikasounds @Rakpenguin63 Looking forward to the gigs now. I'm up for radical change :)

@Skeptique lol thanks x

1h Sabine ‏ @bine44

@Rakpenguin63 @mikasounds you started it? Good idea #InMikaWeTrust

1h Rose ‏ @Rakpenguin63

@bine44 @mikasounds I was bored, and it just popped in my head when someone tweeted about maybe we should trust his judgement #InMikaWeTrust

6m MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

@Rakpenguin63 Reckless and disrespectful is the last thing I am being. Pls trust me on that. X

5:41 PM - 11 May 12 via Twitter for iPad · Details

8m MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

@Rakpenguin63 thank you. All of you for this. It's really encouraging to hear and to have your support.

yeah... i think he needed that as much as we needed it :wub2:

communication goes a long way!

I knew never get interaction with the band was the right thing to do :wink2:

I acknowledge Cherisse especially was the sweetest thing, and Imma and Martin have always been so professional, all of them real good helps for Mika.

good luck to the ones going, and welcome to the ones coming! :thumb_yello:

*goes back waiting for the new album and show*

Agree! :thumb_yello:

Well, after a little bit of shock, now I think that Mika is a solo singer so he can change his "band" when he wants and of course when he considers opportune for his carrer...Of course, following him in concert, you also learn to become attached to the band: it is normal! But, if he thought that now he needs a radical change, I can understand it: indeed I am very curious to see what kind of players he will bring with it! His new music will be very particular (tribal sounds, marimba, electro ...) so I'm thinking positive: I trust him!

Absolutely -- that's why I can't get too upset over this. I enjoyed seeing

the familiar faces of Cherisse, Martin, etc. but my main focus is always MIKA.

Maybe I'd be more disturbed if I thought they'd been sacked in a nasty or

mean-spirited way, but I think it's just a natural progression -- and as you note,

I think Mika DOES need to reinvent himself and keep moving forward.

I couldn't have used better words to describe how I felt and I feel right now ladies, of course affection is normal when you are used to interact and see same people on stage for a while and anyway as soon as he could say something it settled down our worries, or at least he did a lil with me, I was stunned at first that's true but I think it'a kinda natural consequences to the affection I was talking about before.

Looking forward to see this new project surely this smells new :)

I'm very, very curious as to what the new band (if it's even gonna be like a band?) / tour experience is going to be like. It's obviously going to be a big change, especially after seeing Mika's reaction just now.... i'm so excited. hmmm what's happening!?