Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 10)

Fmbm

In my opinion, mika is and never was a band... A band is Duran Duran, or the Rolling Stones, that makes music together. And even in these bands, some members do go their separate ways. For a few years, or forever... But these bands survived no matter what.

In this case, no matter how much they are loved, these are musicians, hired help in a sense, they're not really part of the creative process. They're talented people, and it would be fair to anyone to expect them to stay in someone else's shadow forever.

We don't know how it was done and it is not our business. I really don't see any reason to hate Mika. He seems ready to move on and open a new chapter.

Can we be faithful and give him time to do it properly?

The forever positive honeymooner ;-)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my opinion, mika is and never was a band... A band is Duran Duran, or the Rolling Stones, that makes music together. And even in these bands, some members do go their separate ways. For a few years, or forever... But these bands survived no matter what.

In this case, no matter how much they are loved, these are musicians, hired help in a sense, they're not really part of the creative process. They're talented people, and it would be fair to anyone to expect them to stay in someone else's shadow forever.

We don't know how it was done and it is not our business. I really don't see any reason to hate Mika. He seems ready to move on and open a new chapter.

+1 :wub2:

I was avoiding the MFC, cause I thought I'd find World War III here :naughty: but now that things are calmer I just want to say a couple thingsOMG MIKA WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ARE YOU NUTS? Err...sorry... *breathes*

Ok, seriously now, I'm too shocked. Yeah, we all knew there would be a day when iMMa would leave the band, bla bla...but the whole band? And suddenly like this??? :shocked:

He better have planned the best freaking show of all time... I mean, yes, it's MIKA, one guy, a solo artist. But lets face it, lately we went to the shows not just to see him, but the whole band. The way they interacted with Mika and with us, their contribution to the show was fantastic, it will be hard to top that. I'm not saying the new band will suck, but hey...they will have a bit of extra work, the standards are too high!

As for the band members leaving...will miss them loads!

Happy Ending will never be the same without iMMa's voice in the finale... And Cherisse and Martin... it's really hard to imagine a show without them! :tears:

Wish them all the best for their future projects! :huglove:

+2:thumb_yello:

If you hate him, then why are you in such a hurry to hear the album? HA! :wink2:

I didn't said I hate him, I just asked a question if a fan is allowed to do so.. I guess not :naughty:

je seconde.....well said!:thumb_yello:

In this case, no matter how much they are loved, these are musicians, hired help in a sense, they're not really part of the creative process.

I totally agree with you regarding the band in terms of their role in Mika's work. But for people who have been to many gigs and have been around for many years there is more to it than that. I have had far more interaction with some of the people who have worked for Mika than I could hope to have with Mika over the next 30 years. On a personal level I like them more than Mika because I barely know Mika - if you can even call speaking to someone for 2 minutes a couple of times a year "knowing" at all.

I am not shocked by this and I am not going to hate Mika over it but it is disappointing every time it happens and that's never going to change. After Luke left I felt that I would never get attached to the people around Mika again but the reality is that they are there so many times when Mika is not so if you are part of this world of going to gigs and interacting on Twitter, etc. it's pretty much inevitable.

I totally agree with you regarding the band in terms of their role in Mika's work. But for people who have been to many gigs and have been around for many years there is more to it than that. I have had far more interaction with some of the people who have worked for Mika than I could hope to have with Mika over the next 30 years. On a personal level I like them more than Mika because I barely know Mika - if you can even call speaking to someone for 2 minutes a couple of times a year "knowing" at all.

I am not shocked by this and I am not going to hate Mika over it but it is disappointing every time it happens and that's never going to change. After Luke left I felt that I would never get attached to the people around Mika again but the reality is that they are there so many times when Mika is not so if you are part of this world of going to gigs and interacting on Twitter, etc. it's pretty much inevitable.

:thumb_yello:

I have to admit i'm disappointed in Mika's handling of this. How long does it take to tweet that its true, that he knows what hes doing and has good reasons, that he hears our concerns, something about it, anything! But no.

Im sad i'll not see iMMa and Cherisse and Martin live with Mika. I knew band members have left before and they have their projects and stuff, but i never expected to lose them all at once!

:thumb_yello: more one :mikadas: other The forever positive honeymooner :mikalove:

I know Mika can do / hire who he wants, that i completely understand.

I'm just a bit surprised that the entire band is gone. Especially the ones who were there from the beginning.

I've seen some of his musicians come and go, some i miss, some... not so much :teehee:, but i really liked this group.

It's bitter sweet, like having friends move away.

You know you'll still see them, but it just won't be the same.

Though I've never seen them live (only on youtube), I'm so sad about this. They're fun and so humble. And I agree with what Kreacher said

I have to admit i'm disappointed in Mika's handling of this. How long does it take to tweet that its true, that he knows what hes doing and has good reasons, that he hears our concerns, something about it, anything! But no.

Im sad i'll not see iMMa and Cherisse and Martin live with Mika. I knew band members have left before and they have their projects and stuff, but i never expected to lose them all at once!

Sad news in the morning. :sneaky2:

I'll miss Cherisse, Imma and Martin...*sighs*

I hate changes :sad:

Me too. :tears: Cherisse and iMMa were part of my super excitement of seeing Mika live. I don't enjoy this. :(

That's how I see it too. This is his decision, I'm glad he can make decisions and change things if the timing feels right. I'm curious too. What is he planning?

I know what you mean. Mika is always busy and he likes to keep a distance. The band members have time to chat with people, both live and on twitter. We actually get to know them a bit. The band is almost like a connection to Mika and now it's taken away.

Personally I'm not good with changes. I don't like good things to end. But I try to see it in a positive way. It's good for them all as musicians to move on.

He really doesn't need to explain anything and he is showing it. I'm so glad he didn't leave us in a silence though, but tweeted something casual. I found it very comforting.

Edited by tiibet

Hi, I am just jumping in here and only read the last couple of pages....and am now going to be very lazy and just cut and paste what I have posted in the Oldlings:

But my thoughs echo many others here....................

Without knowing any details it does indeed throw up so many questions. IF we had been faced with an official announcment explaining the circumstances it would all be a lot clearer. Was it a bust up/is it because of a complete change of direction for Mika.......................etc etc. But we know that in the world of Mika we are never going to get such announcements.....................so we have to speculate.

But I was just thinking......................although Mika IS a solo artist...............his band has always been a huge integral part of his act - certainly for the die hard fans anyway...........obviously not so much for the casual listener. But for us............it has always been 'Mika and the band'. If that is no longer the case............and it is just Mika...............it is almost the same as when an established band split up and the lead singer goes solo.

What a brilliant morning, damn.... I woke up only to learn that the album is NOT finished, and my favoritas are gone???

WHAT THE HELL??????????

I really hope I won't enjoy the scene of Mika and some laptop DJ on the stage!

And, as I see, the AUTUMN news look like reliable info :tears: I so hope that it were only rumours...

Agreed :thumb_yello: We don't know who the new band is,but they can be good and talented people as well.And I know Imma's voice is nice,but not irreplaceable....I'm most interested in Mika's voice and music and that's all that I can remember from his gigs.

I knew never get interaction with the band was the right thing to do :wink2:

I acknowledge Cherisse especially was the sweetest thing, and Imma and Martin have always been so professional, all of them real good helps for Mika.

good luck to the ones going, and welcome to the ones coming! :thumb_yello:

*goes back waiting for the new album and show*

What a bombshell. I've just popped in as I have loads of things to do this morning before going to work, and I've seen these news... I will try to find time at work to read the previous posts...

I know Mika can do / hire who he wants, that i completely understand.

I'm just a bit surprised that the entire band is gone. Especially the ones who were there from the beginning.

I've seen some of his musicians come and go, some i miss, some... not so much :teehee:, but i really liked this group.

It's bitter sweet, like having friends move away.

You know you'll still see them, but it just won't be the same.

+1. Exactly how I feel...

I knew never get interaction with the band was the right thing to do :wink2:

I acknowledge Cherisse especially was the sweetest thing, and Imma and Martin have always been so professional, all of them real good helps for Mika.

good luck to the ones going, and welcome to the ones coming! :thumb_yello:

*goes back waiting for the new album and show*

Agree! :thumb_yello:

Well, after a little bit of shock, now I think that Mika is a solo singer so he can change his "band" when he wants and of course when he considers opportune for his carrer...Of course, following him in concert, you also learn to become attached to the band: it is normal! But, if he thought that now he needs a radical change, I can understand it: indeed I am very curious to see what kind of players he will bring with it! His new music will be very particular (tribal sounds, marimba, electro ...) so I'm thinking positive: I trust him!

Ok this reminds me so much of 2008 and the announcement of Luke leaving the band so I'm going to write again what I wrote back then. Mika is a solo artist and the members of the band will inevitably change from time to time. If you're a fan of one or all of them I believe you can always support them on their new projects, jobs etc.

Personally I respect them as musicians and wish them lots of luck with their careers but to be honest I dont feel sad or disappointed with the change. I've always gone to the gigs to see the exceptionally talented Mika perform live regardless of who the members of his band are/were.