Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion

I love this Cherokee remix. I've just listened to it: I was a bit scared to listen to it, to be honest. I like some remixes but they can be crap too. This one's kept the dreamy, peaceful atmosphere of the original song.

i don't really like this remix... still waiting for the one mika tweeted about, maybe i'll like that. :rolls_eyes:

I think that's the remix he was tweeting about. He retweeted it a couple of times when tweeted by others.

I :wub2: it. It is so different from the other version - a completelely new face to the song.

PS: in fact, I'll go and retweet it again. :teehee:

Didn't he tweet about another remix earlier or was it the same one both times? Or maybe I'm thinking of Celebrate? Or just imagining things? :naughty:

Yes, he tweeted about a Morel remix :wink2:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

just heard a Morel mix of make you happy that is insanely good! so excited will share soon

Yes, he tweeted about a Morel remix :wink2:

just heard a Morel mix of make you happy that is insanely good! so excited will share soon

oh yes, it was another mix then, it has not been shared yet

i don't really like this remix... still waiting for the one mika tweeted about, maybe i'll like that. :rolls_eyes:

me too... This not the grated remix, but not awful - just SO, SO.:wink2:In my option

Here's another remix :wink2:

On September 16th Mika releases his third album, The Origin Of Love, which was previewed last month with album track 'Make You Happy'. Instead of bringing you a another cut from the album, we thought we'd present you with the Citizens! take on the single, which is full of Kitsuné-style sexiness and well worth a listen.

http://thefourohfive.com/news/article/mika-make-you-happy-citizens-remix-405-premiere

when I first heard the song I didn't know what to think... It's a really big change from his other stuff. It seems a little less depressing without the video, but that's just my opinion. After listening to it many times over, it's certainly grown on me! I like it! Alot! But the one thing that bugs me is how I can make the exact same synthesized voice with an app on my iPod :/

The song is great, but I don't agree with the people saying he should just drop all his old stuff. I still, and always will, love ALL of mika's songs.

Gotta be honest, not my favourite mika track anyway. I still don't see the point in remixes- take away harmonies and put what seem like random notes in instead. And this one has a really horrible drum beat - it gets way beyond my ears and makes my brain feel really weird- I only managed 37 seconds of it ( I think)!

I would be curious to know the purpose of remixes, if anybody has found this out.

I would be curious to know the purpose of remixes, if anybody has found this out.

It's to make it more appealing to some who might not be interested in the original.

Calvin Harris did a really good mix of We Are Golden that got rid of all the references to teenage dreams (which was a turnoff to adults).

Never thought I would say this, but I've actually started to like the song more and more every time I listen to it.

yes, I think it is a grower. The reason I turned ecstatic by the end of day one could have been because I kept playing it all day long as I loved his voice on it :teehee:

yes, I think it is a grower. The reason I turned ecstatic by the end of day one could have been because I kept playing it all day long as I loved his voice on it :teehee:

Haha :aah: But yeah it's a grower and the song immediately become a lot better when I started to listen to the lyrics and the tone in Mika's voice which is kind of almost desperate. Then the song suddenly got a whole new meaning to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Found this http://poponandon.com/remix-premiere-mika-make-you-happy-2-official-mixes/

I think one of the remixes is the one Mika was talking about on Twitter.

i really, really, REALLY love the begining of the Morel mix then it's still not too shabby. the other mix is just ok for me, nothing too outstanding. they're def not an improvement on the original but still i might actually dl the Morel mix.

Love the first one. It's really an original take on it and not just a bunch of random sounds layered on top. The second one is total crap. I'm 3 minutes in and there is no hint of the melody or anything related to the song.

Thanks for posting Milda.

Found this http://poponandon.com/remix-premiere-mika-make-you-happy-2-official-mixes/

I think one of the remixes is the one Mika was talking about on Twitter.

t4p!

Yes, the first one about Rich Morel :wink2:

just heard a Morel mix of make you happy that is insanely good! so excited will share soo

I'm not fan of remixes but the first one is not bad for me better than the second one. I've heard them once and never will do it again. I prefer the original song 100% :wink2:

Edited by Mikasister

t4p!

Yes, the first one about Rich Morel :wink2:

just heard a Morel mix of make you happy that is insanely good! so excited will share soo

I'm not fan of remixes but the first one is not bad for me better than the second one. I've heard them once and never will do it again. I prefer the original song 100% :wink2:

yeah, i like the first one too! it's unique :blush-anim-cl:

You can download these remixes from here :wink2:

"Mika – Make You Happy (Rich Morel Remix)" http://s14.uploadbaz.com/files/2/gxxigr82ivg7mi/MakeYouHappy-RichMorelRemix908-0-08-09.mp3

"Mika – Make You Happy (Walden Remix)" http://s29.uploadbaz.com/files/8/i5tklpctnaq7hu/MakeYouHappy-waldenremixe308409.mp3