Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion

They'll tell us off! :aah: I don't like to say anything.....

well there wasn't much to say till now, but what's on topic and what's not trololol ok I'll stop now :fisch: I'm just kinda happy right now blame it on that song :teehee:

honestly I wouldn't block myself because pointlessness :doh:

but oh well I could be an hacker and penetrate in his mobile phone and then :mikacool:

Are you serious? :lmfao:

Welcome back! Are you going to any gigs?

Here's the thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26917&page=40

I saw plenty of wonderful places listed but based on timing and economic world crisis and such lol I guess I could try and choose the nearest to me :blink:

Yes you know I'm finding a lot of the negative critiquing of this song sounds like rationalizations for "I don't like it because it's not my taste in music". There is nothing wrong with not liking it but that doesn't mean that there is no melody, that he's selling out or that he's not utilizing his talent to the fullest. This song is as melodious as most of what was on TBWKTM and certainly moreso than EMD, which is basically just rap. Having electronic beats and adding distorted vocals doesn't strip it of the melody. I'm sure he'd have no trouble performing this song with just a piano, unlike EMD.

Mika may be classically trained but he is a pop musician, not Mozart. This song is no more frivolous than Lollipop and with the falsetto the vocals are more interesting than dull songs like Erase and Blame it on the Weather.

Grace Kelly shot to #1 instantly. Mika can talk a good game about making his own music and not compromising, but let's face it, the goal of a pop musician is to make it to #1. He didn't make a demo of GK in his basement and send it to radio stations. He collaborated with Jodi Marr to perfect it and spent months with an American producer to make a #1 record.

Just because this doesn't sound like Grace Kelly does not mean that he necessarily has some different motivation for what he's creating. If he's making music that he doesn't like just to get in the charts that's one thing, but there is no indication that's the case. He likes electronic music and always has. I don't think he needs to continue making music that is no longer relevant instead of music he likes just to prove that he's not a trend follower. :doh:

I guess I never believed Mika's "I'm such an original genius I can't be categorized" schtick so I have no problem with him switching to electronic music. I think he is an extraordinary singer but, like everyone else who started their career after the 80s, he's never made music that is truly truly original. I'm sorry but it's all been done before. I think the best talent you can have in the current age is to have a great ear and great taste and be able to borrow from the best and rearrange it to sound like something special.

But ultimately even the best results are simply a matter of taste. Some people are going to like it and some aren't. The same way some people liked LICM and some people thought it was a piece of sh*t.

Could not have put it any better myself :thumb_yello:

The BIB is hard fact, especially in pop music now. Mika's done it well enough in the past but I've always thought he could do it even better if he pushed himself more, and that's what I hope for from now on.

The seasons are determined by, not the weather, but by the hours of daylight.

the summer solstice is on The 21st june. It is the longest day and signals the official start of summer. After that the days go gradually shorter, until, on September 21st there are exactly 12 hours of daylight and 12 hours of darkness. This is called The Autumn Equinox and signals the official start of Autumn. The nights continue to draw in, until, on December 21st we have the shortest day. It's called The Winter Solstice and is officially the start of Winter. After that, the days gradually get longer again, until we come to the 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night, on the Spring Equinox, on the 21st March, which is the first day of Spring.

Okay, thank you... I was just surprised 'cause I've never heard of that. In Sweden the season don't change depending on the solstice, they are the same every year. Summer starts 1 June and ends 31 August, Autumn is between 1 September-30 November, Winter 1 December - 28 February and Spring 1 March - 31 May.

I was looking around the net about this earlier and it seems like there is a lot of debate/different traditions in Europe. But in North America it's been pretty much set in stone throughout my lifetime. The seasons starts around the 21st of March/June/September/December. In Canada young children are in school until almost the end of June and don't go back until September so I think everyone grows up thinking that summer is during this period and would never class May or even early June as summer. Especially since it's colder during spring than many countries in Europe. Lollipop_monkey was telling me last weekend that they recently had snow in Calgary.

Seriously I've never heard of that, don't know why they didn't teach us that in School, that would have been great to know, so you don't have to make a fool out of yourself because you don't know when it's summer in the rest of the world? :aah:

Wow, snow in June!? :blink:

Seriously ... we need a 'when do the seasons start' thread. :lmfao:

Yes I think we do, or at least I do :roftl:

I'm finding it quite interesting :aah:

Okay, thank you... I was just surprised 'cause I've never heard of that. In Sweden the season don't change depending on the solstice, they are the same every year. Summer starts 1 June and ends 31 August, Autumn is between 1 September-30 November, Winter 1 December - 28 February and Spring 1 March - 31 May.

:aah:

In practice it's the same here. Most people know it's supposed to be solstices, but if you're talking to a person rather than writing a legal document, then don't expect them to be happy if you promise something "in summer" but don't deliver it till mid Sep.

In practice it's the same here. Most people know it's supposed to be solstices, but if you're talking to a person rather than writing a legal document, then don't expect them to be happy if you promise something "in summer" but don't deliver it till mid Sep.

The problem here is that he promised it BEFORE summer. So unless Mika was speaking exclusively to people in the southern hemisphere he is going to be in trouble if the album is not out in two weeks, regardless of one's definition of summer. :naughty:

I think it's the same in many other countries,not only in Sweden :wink2: It'a a difference between calendar seasons and astronomical seasons,and here we use currently the first one.

I think it's the same in many other countries,not only in Sweden :wink2: It'a a difference between calendar seasons and astronomical seasons,and here we use currently the first one.

Good to hear, I'm not alone :aah:

The problem here is that he promised it BEFORE summer. So unless Mika was speaking exclusively to people in the southern hemisphere he is going to be in trouble if the album is not out in two weeks, regardless of one's definition of summer. :naughty:

it's mikasummer, like mikasoon. :mf_rosetinted:

I'm sure a new single will be out before or during festivals..then the CD in september.

Is normal to have at least one single out before the CD so he'll have new stuff to sing and everything is ok..

I'm sure a new single will be out before or during festivals..then the CD in september.

Is normal to have at least one single out before the CD so he'll have new stuff to sing and everything is ok..

I expect more than one single...

I mean, if the first single is doing well, surely they´ll try to launch a second single so to make more money :mf_rosetinted:

And if the first single doesn´t do that well, they´ll try to launch a second one so to make money :mf_rosetinted:

Of course that´s just my opinion... :aah:

I mean, if the first single is doing well, surely they´ll try to launch a second single so to make more money :mf_rosetinted:

And if the first single doesn´t do that well, they´ll try to launch a second one so to make money :mf_rosetinted:

Of course that´s just my opinion... :aah:

:mikacool:

The problem here is that he promised it BEFORE summer.

I don't think he actually promised that. He HOPED it would be out. That's a huge difference, that's why I never realistically considered that as an option. :naughty: