Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion

I don't think he actually promised that. He HOPED it would be out. That's a huge difference, that's why I never realistically considered that as an option. :naughty:

I am just being silly, I don't think he promised anything about when it would be out. :wink2: Someone asked him if we'd get to hear it before summer and he said yes. They've already released a song, there's a single coming and new songs will be played at Lovebox I'm sure. I think that is more or less in line with what he said.

I don't think he actually promised that. He HOPED it would be out. That's a huge difference, that's why I never realistically considered that as an option. :naughty:

Hahah, my thoughts exactly. He usually says his hopes aloud. He probably doesn't even know all the facts months ahead to promise things in the first place. I mean, there are a lot of things to consider before launching a new album, other than finishing it (record company things).

In one of the French articles on Make You Happy, they say that the album will be out at the start of the school year, and in another one they say end of September. It seems it's definitely not before September anyway

I mean, if the first single is doing well, surely they´ll try to launch a second single so to make more money :mf_rosetinted:

And if the first single doesn´t do that well, they´ll try to launch a second one so to make money :mf_rosetinted:

Singles hardly make any money, they are simply the means to promote an album

The first signle is meant to build expectations for the album. If it is not successful and the radios are not playing it, tough luck, the album is done. A second single released soon after a failed first one may help though :dunno:

So, he'd better release one or two awesome tracks to make people fall at their feet... or to them.:teehee: before the album is out.

Singles hardly make any money, they are simply the means to promote an album

The first signle is meant to build expectations for the album. If it is not successful and the radios are not playing it, tough luck, the album is done. A second single released soon after a failed first one may help though :dunno:

So, he'd better release one or two awesome tracks to make people fall at their feet... or to them.:teehee: before the album is out.

Yes, I think a couple of singles can make their way this summer. I wouldn´t expect a summer hit though. Not his style... Anyway, electronic/robotic/whatever style wasn´t his style either before this "Make You Happy", so who knows? I still think he will release a danceable single this summer, but not a summer hit....

Yes, I think a couple of singles can make their way this summer. I wouldn´t expect a summer hit though. Not his style... Anyway, electronic/robotic/whatever style wasn´t his style either before this "Make You Happy", so who knows? I still think he will release a danceable single this summer, but not a summer hit....

When are you planning to drop the computer and go out to celebrate you birthday woman????:shocked:

Just been listening to Karen and BIOTW. They're so nice, and very different to MYH. I hope the album will be more like the first two, like Mika described, but as this was the first song he wanted us to hear, I fear this is not the case...

I'm less bothered about the release of TOOL since the disappointment of MYH, but I'd prefer it to be out for the summer. It may not be the best time for a major hit, but there's something nice about ' summer tunes'. :mikadas:

When are you planning to drop the computer and go out to celebrate you birthday woman????:shocked:

oh, is it Rosita's birthday? Happy birthday! :yay:

He can have a hit single in the summer without having a "summer hit". The part after 'put your lips on me and I can live Underwater' totally makes me feel like when you submerge in water - that is really 'summerish' :teehee:

i noticed yesterday that it's not a good idea to listen to MYH directly after underwater... i had both songs on my player to learn the lyrics on the train, and after listening to underwater a few times, i suddenly didn't like MYH so much anymore. :aah: glad that underwater will be on the album too, and hope the melody and harmonies are still there. :rolls_eyes:

oh, is it Rosita's birthday? Happy birthday! :yay:

He can have a hit single in the summer without having a "summer hit". The part after 'put your lips on me and I can live Underwater' totally makes me feel like when you submerge in water - that is really 'summerish' :teehee:

Thank you.

Yes, I meant that, he can have a sigle out and it can be a hit (I doubt it tho) even if it´s not a "summer hit"

An d it´s not that I doubt that Mika can hit the lists, obviously he can, but maybe summer is not the best... People is like more relaxed, like... willing to listen to silly songs, sort of "Ai se eu te pego" better than a complex song which needs a couple of listenings to get used to it :aah:

i noticed yesterday that it's not a good idea to listen to MYH directly after underwater... i had both songs on my player to learn the lyrics on the train, and after listening to underwater a few times, i suddenly didn't like MYH so much anymore. :aah: glad that underwater will be on the album too, and hope the melody and harmonies are still there. :rolls_eyes:

You mean like eating a cake and after that trying spinacs? :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you.

Yes, I meant that, he can have a sigle out and it can be a hit (I doubt it tho) even if it´s not a "summer hit"

An d it´s not that I doubt that Mika can hit the lists, obviously he can, but maybe summer is not the best... People is like more relaxed, like... willing to listen to silly songs, sort of "Ai se eu te pego" better than a complex song which needs a couple of listenings to get used to it :aah:

Happy birthday Rosita!

I can't see the point of comparing Uw, to MYH, they're so different from each other.

But that's why I'm excited! I don't want all the songs to sound the same on the album. The fact is I love Uw, and MYH just the same. They are both masterpieces in my book! Anyway, we haven't heard the completed version of Uw yet, but I trust Mika to do a wonderful job with it.

Happy birthday Rosita!

I can't see the point of comparing Uw, to MYH, they're so different from each other.

But that's why I'm excited! I don't want all the songs to sound the same on the album. The fact is I love Uw, and MYH just the same. They are both masterpieces in my book! Anyway, we haven't heard the completed version of Uw yet, but I trust Mika to do a wonderful job with it.

Thanks. Well, I don´t find MYH that special... I like it the way I like Love Today... I mean... I don´t skip it when it´s played in my mp3, but of course it won´t make the way to my Fav Songs Ever list. In fact, atm, only GK, TB and Karen made their way to that list. But I think I´ll find at least a song more to add once the album is released.

Thanks. Well, I don´t find MYH that special... I like it the way I like Love Today... I mean... I don´t skip it when it´s played in my mp3, but of course it won´t make the way to my Fav Songs Ever list. In fact, atm, only GK, TB and Karen made their way to that list. But I think I´ll find at least a song more to add once the album is released.

I agree about that. For me, Love Today is special because it was the first Mika song I really heard. I loved most on LICM, but had a hard time (initially) taking to Big Girl and sometimes used to skip that one. On TBWKTM, I admit that, for me, BIOTG seemed promising when he showcased the clapping-beats on the vlog, but I was disappointed when I actually heard it. Rain also, for me, was hit-and-miss. I actually prefer the live version of it, to what's on the cd.

I'm also not keen on Lonely Alcoholic.

So I think that no one will probably like every Mika song. But because he's so versatile, there'll always be something for everyone. That's what makes Mika so unique and brilliant.The fact that there will always be many songs we love, even if there are a few we might not personally like. Also, let's face it, even a Mika song someone isn't keen on, is better than most songs in the charts at any time.

HIII:huglove:

I'm a bit confused :mikasweat: where is the mika twitter thread as he blocked me :mikacool: oh I feel special :mikadas: but I'm searching for updates on the latest music he made :mikalove:

Hello stranger!

You seriously got blocked? Wow, you're so badass :mf_rosetinted:

hmmmm...

The problem here is that he promised it BEFORE summer. So unless Mika was speaking exclusively to people in the southern hemisphere he is going to be in trouble if the album is not out in two weeks, regardless of one's definition of summer. :naughty:

My vote is for before sothern hemisphere summer! :thumb_yello: That makes it before December (nice Chrissy present then) :teehee:

When he was talking 'image change', I was afraid he was going to be either A.)Screamo or something ridiculous or B.)Sad and Depressing. This is change for the good!! I need to start trusting this guy more!!!

TRUE!! and yeah we gotta trust this guy, cos he's a pop genius that we can never expect what kind of invention he's going to make later

it's totally different and such a new wave, but i think if he could still fix the song, just the chorus synthesizer part please...:aah:

I have to say that, after a few days of listens and watching the video, I'm really liking this song. It's very catchy, and I like the 'robotic' voice, especially the repetition towards the end. I know that these things are not about comparing different songs, but I think it's much better than Elle Me Dit.

If he's going into this electronic type thing I would like it as well if he'd go a bit more 'hard core' and do something slightly heavier in that sense, if you know what I mean, cause I think that Make You Happy is only a little bit in that vein, and I'd actually like him to jump in the water rather than just dip his toes, if this is the direction that he's going in with certain songs. I don't know if I'm making any sense but I know what I'm trying to say :wink2:.

Anyway, I would really like for him to not do this with all the new songs though,and keep some slower ones where one can appreciate his vocal talent properly, especially when he does them live.

The one criticism I have though is of the chorus lyrics, because since I've been listening to this, the Britney Spears "born to make you happy" song has been creeping up in my brain, and I REALLY don't appreciate that :aah::lmfao: so yeah, please, Mika sort it out :doh:

I have to say that, after a few days of listens and watching the video, I'm really liking this song. It's very catchy, and I like the 'robotic' voice, especially the repetition towards the end. I know that these things are not about comparing different songs, but I think it's much better than Elle Me Dit.

If he's going into this electronic type thing I would like it as well if he'd go a bit more 'hard core' and do something slightly heavier in that sense, if you know what I mean, cause I think that Make You Happy is only a little bit in that vein, and I'd actually like him to jump in the water rather than just dip his toes, if this is the direction that he's going in with certain songs. I don't know if I'm making any sense but I know what I'm trying to say :wink2:.

Anyway, I would really like for him to not do this with all the new songs though,and keep some slower ones where one can appreciate his vocal talent properly, especially when he does them live.

The one criticism I have though is of the chorus lyrics, because since I've been listening to this, the Britney Spears "born to make you happy" song has been creeping up in my brain, and I REALLY don't appreciate that :aah::lmfao: so yeah, please, Mika sort it out :doh:

Yes Mika, kill that girl :mf_rosetinted: