Make You Happy - Song and Lyrics Discussion

Isn't summer between June-August, or when do you have summer in England? :blink:

But yeah you're probably right, I think the tweet: "After summer, I hope" is the most accurate one, unfortunately. :huh:

The first day of summer is the 21st of June :wink2:

Seriously? :blink:

I never knew that, why does the summer start in the middle of June and not in the beginning?

Haven't you heard of summer solstice?????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_solstice

Ofc I have, it's one of the most important holidays of the year in Sweden. You dance around the maypole and everything... but I never knew that the day was the start of the summer in England since it isn't in Sweden.

So when is it the end of summer...?

I thought it was all over europe...:wink2::doh:

This year it's September the 22th...but it varies from year to year...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox

Okay :wink2:

No, or at least this was the first time I heard of it, I've always thought summer was between 1 June and 1 September. But you learn something new every day. :thumb_yello:

Seriously ... we need a 'when do the seasons start' thread. :lmfao:

Seriously ... we need a 'when do the seasons start' thread. :lmfao:

I was looking around the net about this earlier and it seems like there is a lot of debate/different traditions in Europe. But in North America it's been pretty much set in stone throughout my lifetime. The seasons starts around the 21st of March/June/September/December. In Canada young children are in school until almost the end of June and don't go back until September so I think everyone grows up thinking that summer is during this period and would never class May or even early June as summer. Especially since it's colder during spring than many countries in Europe. Lollipop_monkey was telling me last weekend that they recently had snow in Calgary.

I was looking around the net about this earlier and it seems like there is a lot of debate/different traditions in Europe. But in North America it's been pretty much set in stone throughout my lifetime. The seasons starts around the 21st of March/June/September/December. In Canada young children are in school until almost the end of June and don't go back until September so I think everyone grows up thinking that summer is during this period and would never class May or even early June as summer. Especially since it's colder during spring than many countries in Europe. Lollipop_monkey was telling me last weekend that they recently had snow in Calgary.

Yeah, and even in some places in Canada we don't even get "summer" weather until late July and August. Like it's warmer in other times, but it just gets hot then. And for us, hot is like 25-29 Celsius. Only gets hotter than that with the humidex.

Yeah, and even in some places in Canada we don't even get "summer" weather until late July and August. Like it's warmer in other times, but it just gets hot then. And for us, hot is like 25-29 Celsius. Only gets hotter than that with the humidex.

Humidex beeing????:dunno:

Humidex beeing????:dunno:

So, it's based on the humidity, which is the amount of moisture in the air. The more moisture in the air, the hotter it feels. And so the humidex is the temperature you feel based on how humid it is.

So in my town (where the humidity is always in the "dangerous" zone), in the summer the air temperature can be 26, but it will feel like 32 because of the humidex.

It's kind of like the summers equivalent of the windchill, just based on something different.

So, it's based on the humidity, which is the amount of moisture in the air. The more moisture in the air, the hotter it feels. And so the humidex is the temperature you feel based on how humid it is.

So in my town (where the humidity is always in the "dangerous" zone), in the summer the air temperature can be 26, but it will feel like 32 because of the humidex.

It's kind of like the summers equivalent of the windchill, just based on something different.

Oh, thank you, never heard of it....:thumb_yello:

All I wanna do is make you happy x6

Baby you ain't tryin',

If I said I'm upbeat, I'd be lying,

Show me what your hiding,

But if this is love then watch me die on you.

All I wanna do is make you happy x3

Maybe you can't hear me,

But I feel like screaming when you're near me,

Save me from your theories,

At the very least just let me cry on you.

Undervalued, I can't be far from the truth.

Maybe I knew, hardly a bolt from the blue

Love and hate each other,

If we can't get it together, you know we'll never ever ever.

Fix a heart don't break it,

Can't you see the love around you?

You know, you're crazy not to take it.

Under valued, I can't be far from the truth.

Maybe I knew, hardly a bolt from the blue

Whatchya gonna do? I am not over you. x4

Never gonna give you up, never gonna sort you out

When's it gonna hit ya?

I'm never gonna let you down. x4

All I wanna do is make you happy x3

One question,it's "your" or "you're" ? Thanks :blush-anim-cl:

One question,it's "your" or "you're" ? Thanks :blush-anim-cl:

I was just checking some lyrics websites for Make You Happy; just to know if there were some differences in the understanding, and I found the version posted here at first on the MFC, you know, with the 'Then the line I can't understand' bit :lmfao:

I was just checking some lyrics websites for Make You Happy; just to know if there were some differences in the understanding, and I found the version posted here at first on the MFC, you know, with the 'Then the line I can't understand' bit :lmfao:

:roftl: at least I hope it rhymes :aah:

HIII:huglove:

I'm a bit confused :mikasweat: where is the mika twitter thread as he blocked me :mikacool: oh I feel special :mikadas: but I'm searching for updates on the latest music he made :mikalove:

Oh it's there somewhere full of rubbish I dare say They talk more rubbish in here than ever. You are very special!:mikasweat: