Media reactions to 'Make You Happy'.

robertina

Yeah where is Perez? Deb needs to give him a nudge. :fisch:

Deb did nudge him last night, he had not seen her email & so she tweeted him the shortcut, he tweeted to her that he could not believe he had missed the new song...

Then he told Deb of his undying love for her :fisch:

:naughty:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that was funny. Hope he actually listened to the song:blink:

Japanese forums reaction: ZERO. No comment on the links at all. Though that could be because it was ME posting, I'm not their favourite person.:teehee:

Yeah where is Perez? Deb needs to give him a nudge. :fisch:

Deb did nudge him last night, he had not seen her email & so she tweeted him the shortcut, he tweeted to her that he could not believe he had missed the new song...

Then he told Deb of his undying love for her :fisch:

:naughty:

:lmfao: See? He does love me. Good ol' Perez. :wub2:

He's actually traveling now, and I clearly don't get the same attention from

whoever tends his email when he's away -- when I write to him he almost

always replies immediately. So I wasn't surprised to see when he tweeted

that he'd missed it. I do hope he'll post about the song soon, though --

that will surely give it a boost in attention.

Although it's been getting some here already anyhow:

Out Magazine:

http://www.out.com/entertainment/music/2012/06/08/watch-mika-wants-make-you-happy

And a few other assorted blogs:

http://culturepop.me/new-video-alert-mika-make-you-happy/

http://boyculture.typepad.com/boy_culture/2012/06/mika-you-happy.html

I've found 2 news in spanish. One http://www.cromosomax.com/18698-mika-estrena-nuevo-video-y-cancion-make-you-happy is from a gay site and they say he has changed, in a good way and that the video is good, and they point out that there is a gay couple, but that you have to look carefully. The other http://www.popelera.net/mika-estrena-un-primer-tema-de-su-proximo-disco-make-you-happy/ just gives the news.

51% to 49%. Some LICM reviews - 1 star, some LICM reviews - 5 stars. That's our Mika. :teehee:

That is a good point. I always thought that the second album getting average rates in reviews was a warning sign back in autumn 2009.

Japanese forums reaction: ZERO. No comment on the links at all. Though that could be because it was ME posting, I'm not their favourite person.:teehee:

Marmite fan :naughty:

:lmfao: See? He does love me. Good ol' Perez. :wub2:

wow...I didn't know about you and Perez :das:

I do hope he'll post about the song soon, though --

that will surely give it a boost in attention.

I wonder what reaction the song will have in the US. I don't see this type of music to be very much appealing to the US market but neither were Mika's previous works, so he hasnothingto lose over there. Pehaps the single will do the trick, though.

edit: Oh, interesting, they're having a poll on pure charts today about the new song! So far 517 votes and the score atm is 51% liking it vs 49% disliking it.

The final result of this poll is 55% yes 45% no with around 900 votes :wink2:

On this site the comments are very varied but what strikes me the most is that people who don't seem so keen on Mika or who at least hated EMD think that Make You Happy is a very interesting and promising sound :thumb_yello:

I've found 2 news in spanish. One http://www.cromosomax.com/18698-mika-estrena-nuevo-video-y-cancion-make-you-happy is from a gay site and they say he has changed, in a good way and that the video is good, and they point out that there is a gay couple, but that you have to look carefully. The other http://www.popelera.net/mika-estrena-un-primer-tema-de-su-proximo-disco-make-you-happy/ just gives the news.

Yeah! I think on 2:53 & 3:03 :teehee:

nothing on the german news so far, at least nothing that google can find. :sneaky2: on the german mika forum, some like it, some don't, and most kinda like it but think it's too electronic and are waiting for the album until they decide.

i think i have to find a german music blogger and write to them that they should listen to the song and blog about it. :teehee:

Just read the three blogs Deb linked and the few comments I could find.

I liked that one young person said that it was more the music of his generation, despite him loving some of Mika’s previous over-the-top songs. However, there is another guy who is annoyed about Mika including only one gay couple in the video. :shocked::sneaky2: I actually find it a rather typical comment that comes from some gay circles: anyone who is believed to be gay must be their ‘activist’ of some sort. I can’t help thinking it is all about them expecting some kind of psychological support for their insecurities. Mika is a musician, why would he need to reflect his private life in his videos? He wants to make his songs relevant to anyone who is willing to listen.

However, there is another guy who is annoyed about Mika including only one gay couple in the video. :shocked::sneaky2: I actually find it a rather typical comment that comes from some gay circles: anyone who is believed to be gay must be their ‘activist’ of some sort.

There were some comments on Mika's FB about this and I've been having this discussion elsewhere. I also don't think it's incumbent upon him to be an activist especially through his work. It's not a documentary, it's a film designed to express the song. I think it's fairly representative of reality in any case. Most couples in the world are straight and it's not because of personal prejudices or societal bigotry, it's just a biological fact.

The final result of this poll is 55% yes 45% no with around 900 votes :wink2:

On this site the comments are very varied but what strikes me the most is that people who don't seem so keen on Mika or who at least hated EMD think that Make You Happy is a very interesting and promising sound :thumb_yello:

I do think it's mostly mfc'ers voting that tipped the scale for the better though :naughty:

Yep, I've been thinking about this too. And not just over there, on mfc as well (EMD).

Perez likes it! :kachinga:

Let Mika Make You Happy! Debuts Music Video For New Song!

http://perezhilton.com/2012-06-10-mika-make-you-happy-short-film

Wow.

We knew that his next album, The Origin of Love, was going to be something special, but this TRULY knocks it out of the park!

Mika has kept a pretty low profile since last updating the world on what to expect from his new music back in December, but it appears that he's finally ready to start premiering some of his latest material - even if it's not an official single nor music video!

Ch-ch-check out a brand new track, called Make You Happy, and its accompanying short film by Iouri Philippe Paillé (above)!

As the musician explains:

Here's the first song I wanted you to hear from my new record, "The Origin of Love." This is not a single but a song I really love and wanted to share with you.

I commissioned a short film which I felt perfectly captured the sentiment of the track. The film was directed by Iouri Philippe Paillé and was made in Montreal. This is where the entire album started taking shape a year ago with Nick Littlemore at Planet Studios in Papineau.

I can't wait for you to hear the first single and the rest of the album very, very soon.

Isn't it absolutely stunning?

And unlike anything we've seen or heard from him before!

Oh man. This just gets us all the MORE amped for his new album!

What do U think?? Are U looking forward to new tunes from Mika??

Perez likes it! :kachinga:

Let Mika Make You Happy! Debuts Music Video For New Song!

http://perezhilton.com/2012-06-10-mika-make-you-happy-short-film

Wow.

We knew that his next album, The Origin of Love, was going to be something special, but this TRULY knocks it out of the park!

Mika has kept a pretty low profile since last updating the world on what to expect from his new music back in December, but it appears that he's finally ready to start premiering some of his latest material - even if it's not an official single nor music video!

Ch-ch-check out a brand new track, called Make You Happy, and its accompanying short film by Iouri Philippe Paillé (above)!

As the musician explains:

Here's the first song I wanted you to hear from my new record, "The Origin of Love." This is not a single but a song I really love and wanted to share with you.

I commissioned a short film which I felt perfectly captured the sentiment of the track. The film was directed by Iouri Philippe Paillé and was made in Montreal. This is where the entire album started taking shape a year ago with Nick Littlemore at Planet Studios in Papineau.

I can't wait for you to hear the first single and the rest of the album very, very soon.

Isn't it absolutely stunning?

And unlike anything we've seen or heard from him before!

Oh man. This just gets us all the MORE amped for his new album!

What do U think?? Are U looking forward to new tunes from Mika??

I fear to read the comments :mf_rosetinted:

There were some comments on Mika's FB about this and I've been having this discussion elsewhere. I also don't think it's incumbent upon him to be an activist especially through his work. It's not a documentary, it's a film designed to express the song. I think it's fairly representative of reality in any case. Most couples in the world are straight and it's not because of personal prejudices or societal bigotry, it's just a biological fact.

I think the video is horrific!!! There are no lesbians, men with mustache, old people, and there are no Chinese or African-Americans or short people, only tall ones. And where are big girls? Not to mention that I'm absolutely positive there are no Serbians. What is this?!? Aren't they aloud to make each other happy and be in love? I must protest! Mika, you are such a terrible, terrible person!:shun:

:mikacool:

PEREZ has now posted the song/video:

http://perezhilton.com/2012-06-10-mika-make-you-happy-short-film#.T9Udq44qOVE

and there is a provision for comments

if interested in doing so :wink2:

2nd post as well here:

http://perezhilton.com/tv/Mika_Make_You_Happy_Music_Video/?id=d5643e3548e6d&autoplay=false

[BONUS?

At this same link on this classy site,

you can watch MDNA flip out a boob in Istanbul.]

Edited by A. Clay

I think the video is horrific!!! There are no lesbians, men with mustache, old people, and there are no Chinese or African-Americans or short people, only tall ones. And where are big girls? Not to mention that I'm absolutely positive there are no Serbians. What is this?!? Aren't they aloud to make each other happy and be in love? I must protest! Mika, you are such a terrible, terrible person!:shun:

and old ladies like me :tears::naughty:

:lmao::lmao:

I especially agree about short people!! Where are they? I'm short and I feel discriminated. That's it, I'm no longer a Mika fan :shun::mf_rosetinted: