Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

we wondered too :teehee:

and we told them, they know...but clearly they are a bit...slow? :mf_rosetinted:

I don't know, it just seems strange...

I believe this has happened to Mika's videos starting from Rain.. If I remember correct it was around the time the MikaVevo channel was opened, and the videos were then broadcasted through it..

Okay, so it's Vevo's fault as always... :sneaky2:

Yes, good idea. We can even ask Lilasko to chart it. Her version is likely to be different though. :naughty:
Ha, yes. :aah: As long as she keeps my balance, it's ok. :mikacool: I was pretty good with my maths at school. :mikacool:

Did I hear my name? :naughty: You know everything is math, haven't you guys watched Numb3rs? :aah:

Correct! That's how French little children were dressed for school in the 1950s. My dad used to :teehee:

So, OF COURSE, Mika decided that it was the best course of action to pitch up at a gig in that get-up:doh: This man needs someone vetting him before he goes on stage to save him from himself!:teehee:

I'm happy to see my Italian Google alerts this morning are ALL about our Mika, Celebrate and The origin of love! It was time!

I can read a lot of positive comments too, both in music sites than in bloggers'. :thumb_yello:

I'm happy to see my Italian Google alerts this morning are ALL about our Mika, Celebrate and The origin of love! It was time!

I can read a lot of positive comments too, both in music sites than in bloggers'. :thumb_yello:

actually, all negative comments I've read come fron fans :shocked:

CORRECTED LYRICS:

I want the whole world to celebrate

Let's go

I wanna come home

To the only place I know

Where the trees I planted grow

I wanna come home

Once I get up I feel better

Then I pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be OK

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Be a night? like this forever

Will we know better

I'll be just fine

When I see you at the finish line

Doesn't matter if I take my time

I'm coming home

Once I get up I feel better

And I pull myself together

It will be OK

Will we know better

I'm not mad at you at all

But I want the whole world to celebrate

Yeah

Mmmm

Right about now it's time for everybody to stand up

stand up

stand up

and have fun

'cause we just begun

Let's go

Once again if I feel better

Then I pull myself together

It will be OK

I wanna go home

I wanna go home

I wanna go home

And celebrate

I'll get the whole world to celebrate

.. could be

Be in a night like this forever

.. that's what i think i listen and it makes sense :blink:

I just noticed now that Pharrell sings the fourth, lower 'I want the whole world to celebrate' :blink: I thought it was Mika :naughty:

He do :blink: I thought it was Mika as well :aah:
oh yes, it's him, in fact their voices blend well together :teehee:

:kachinga::kachinga::kachinga:

.. could be

Be in a night like this forever

.. that's what i think i listen and it makes sense :blink:

All I can hear is:

Being hurt like this forever

would lead nowhere

That's great! :thumb_yello: Have Celebrate been released in Italy?

oh yes, it's him, in fact their voices blend well together :teehee:

Yes they do, they sound almost the same :teehee:

omg you're right :shocked:

at least, would lead nowhere fits better than Will we know better :blink:

You think? I'm never right when it comes to lyrics. :aah:

But yeah, I can't hear Will we know better even if I want to.

it's a perfect gig song! :thumb_yello:

Songs like I gotta feeling and Celebrate drive me crazy at gigs,

Have you hear them both live at gigs? :blink:

but I adore GK as well of course, so one thing does not exclude the other, people can love different genres, can't they? So can Mika, no?

It is not about the genre, we are talking about the song. Besdies, I don't think there are many people here as open to different music genres as I am, actually. Most hardly ever listen to any other artist besides Mika so I don't know what your comment is referring to. :dunno:

I`m pretty curious if and how Mika will perform Celebrate and MYH today.

no matter how his album-sales are going he´s known for giving great live performances (which is sth that became rare nowadays IMO)...so I acutally don´t see a reason to worry yet (as long as he doesn´t wear the same outfit as during the private gig on every show now:mf_rosetinted: )

I can bare a ****ty rapper in his new song but not these toursers. (+I hope the rap part will be taken out anyway when ´mika´s performing the song live :boing: )

aobut GK: I think mikas writing didn´t change and he is still (in my opinion anyway) as brillant as he was while writing grace kelly... gk was just what people wanted back in 2008.I´ve got the impression they were tired of the other stuff played in the radios and gk was there at the right time.

people in Germany don´t seem to be tired of that electro-no lyrics-but naked women in videos-thing yet...so it won´t be replaced anyway. (just my little opinion peeps :) )

I think mikas music will find it´s place and he will be doing allright

Edited by Anney

Sorry if I don´t quote anyone... I´ve read 34875349875 pages from phone, and now I´ll try to summarize.

I don`t think GK has nothing to do with Celebrate... not only they´re obviously different in style, genre or however you call it in English. Either I can´t find the "soul" in Celebrate. Maybe we need Mika to explain how he managed to write those lyrics, cause we all know how and why Mika wrote GK and what happened with that song, and maybe it helps us to appreciate it in a different way.

I like lots of different genres. Mostly 60´s rock. But my second fav artist is a guy who only writes electronic music, so I think I´m open for everything.... But I think that Mika this time got stuck in the middle of nowhere.... THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION. The song is not as catchy as Rihanna or Katy´s and of course is not pure electronic... it´s like an attempt to make a pop-catchy-song but trying to fit also in the electronic mainstream while embracing at the same time the "Mika-ish" factor... oh God... :aah:

I thought of this during all this morning and my final conclusion is that now I like MYH best. :mf_rosetinted: FML :mf_rosetinted: