Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

they are too busy in promoting Bieber's new single...:furious:

They're too busy promoting the winner's single of the Aussie version of "The Voice" here.

It's actually kinda depressing that UMG have so little interest in promoting Mika in Australia.

And OG, I just called my dog Mika (his name is Magnus :blink:)

Is that true?? :shocked:

http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=79274

Universal Republic this fall. Following up his multi-million selling worldwide smash 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much' (which debuted in every single iTunes top ten around the world), The Origin of Love is Mika's third album and will preceded by an EP this summer. The anthemic brand new single "Celebrate" is an epic slice of cool modern pop destined to be a global summer soundtrack, written by Mika, produced by Nick Littlemore from Empire of the Sun and featuring Pharrell Williams on vocals.

Universal Republic this fall. Following up his multi-million selling worldwide smash 'The Boy Who Knew Too Much' (which debuted in every single iTunes top ten around the world), The Origin of Love is Mika's third album and will preceded by an EP this summer. The anthemic brand new single "Celebrate" is an epic slice of cool modern pop destined to be a global summer soundtrack, written by Mika, produced by Nick Littlemore from Empire of the Sun and featuring Pharrell Williams on vocals.

and this?

There will be a US tour this fall. :fisch:

From MTV

Mika's on a mission to make this summer the most chipper one ever by teasing us with all kinds of peppy tunes from his forthcoming album, The Origin of Love. Just recently, his goal was to "Make You Happy" with a romantic video that reminded us of our fave indie films. Now, Mika wants us to "Celebrate" his latest jam with Pharrell Williams. (Warning: This song may cause endorphin overload.)

Listen to a sneak peek of Mika and Pharrell Williams in "Celebrate" after the jump.

The Origin of Love doesn't officially drop until September 16, but the already-released preview of "Celebrate" rejoices in pop at its peppiest. Mika sticks to what he's really good at: uplifting beats and cheery riffs that offer a lush '80s-dance vibe (think Pet Shop Boys). But if you're looking for the Brit's signature falsetto, keep on walking (or dancing,) 'cause the singer takes a break on hitting the high notes this time around -- he's probably too busy celebrating.

While the lyrics seem to concentrate more on overcoming personal struggle ("Then I pull myself together/ I remember those two letters, it will be OK/ Everyone says now or never/ I say only if it’s better,") Mika's chorus asks the world to celebrate and Pharrell Williams' fun (but subtle) vocal additions give the song's overall tone a major "put yo' hands in the air like you just don't care" vibe. Don't mind if we do.

I'm so loving the reviews. They mostly seem so good. Like everyone is glad that Mika is back! Let's hope MTV play Celebrate a lot!

Same here! In universal music's page they don't even have a link for Universal Music Chile :doh: all I could find was the facebook page and it was full of Justin Bieber news :sneaky2: I asked them when will they realase Celebrate for Chile, but I don't think they're planning to do it :sneaky2:

Why do they have that? I don't want to read their facebook page... -.-

I think everything is just really confusing. It seems like Universal Music Sweden has a page but you can't access it :blink: I'm going to mail them too, but I haven't find their mail address... :sneaky2:

I hope! :teehee:

and this?

There will be a US tour this fall. :fisch:

Terrible timing, as usual. At least announce dates now before I have to book my flight to FL. Maybe my company can pay for my Mika travel for a change. :naughty:

But if he comes to TO in early Oct. :sad:

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/celebrity/pictures-today/2012/06/19/mika-dita-von-teese-leave-arts-club-london

Dita Von Teese once again left boyfriend Theo Hutchcraft at home to hit the town with squeaky pop star Mika instead. The pair hit the Arts Club in London for a fun-filled evening, before leaving together later that night. Mika recently announced that he is releasing a new single, Celebrate, on 9 Septmeber 2012, which will be a collaboration with Pharrell Williams.

Where did they get this date from, I wonder? Do we know anything about this Sep. 9 thing?

http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/celebrity/pictures-today/2012/06/19/mika-dita-von-teese-leave-arts-club-london

Dita Von Teese once again left boyfriend Theo Hutchcraft at home to hit the town with squeaky pop star Mika instead. The pair hit the Arts Club in London for a fun-filled evening, before leaving together later that night. Mika recently announced that he is releasing a new single, Celebrate, on 9 Septmeber 2012, which will be a collaboration with Pharrell Williams.

Where did they get this date from, I wonder? Do we know anything about this Sep. 9 thing?

wtf, can't believe they wanna release this perfect summer hit only in september (apart from france)! :aah::doh:

t4p. :wink2:

wtf, can't believe they wanna release this perfect summer hit only in september (apart from france)! :aah::doh:

t4p. :wink2:

Thank you Miro!me neither! :aah:

And Belgium :fisch: We're not France you know :mf_rosetinted:

Can't believe they're only releasing the song in september in the uk, come on!

well, yes, of course in French speaking countries, I was too lazy to point it out :D

I kind of suspected that the UK would not get it for a long time, but SEPTEMBER?! :mf_rosetinted: Well it had to be released the day before I go back to school... :doh:

sorry, i didn't know it was released now somewhere else than in france. :wink2:i've been in mika delirium the last few days you know :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

sorry, i didn't know it was released now somewhere else than in france. :wink2:i've been in mika delirium the last few days you know :mf_rosetinted::teehee:

Haha, I totally understand :naughty:

Yes, it was released in Belgium on saturday already. So I wonder if it's also available in other countries where they speak french too then? I still don't get it at all... Why this difference. It just makes no sense :dunno: Could have been a great song for summer.

Haha, I totally understand :naughty:

Yes, it was released in Belgium on saturday already. So I wonder if it's also available in other countries where they speak french too then? I still don't get it at all... Why this difference. It just makes no sense :dunno: Could have been a great song for summer.

I don't get it either. the song will be release only on 9th september (I wanna die) but people from other countries, not France, are reporting they heard the song on their local radio. I don't understand anything!!:doh:

I don't get it either. the song will be release only on 9th september (I wanna die) but people from other countries, not France, are reporting they heard the song on their local radio. I don't understand anything!!:doh:

well, it can be on the radio although it's not released yet... was the same with we are golden, mika started doing radio promo for it in june, but it also was released only in september. :dunno:

I don't think there was any radio until the 3rd week of July for WAG.

I guess the real question is why did they release it now in France, not why is it waiting until early September for the rest of the world. :dunno: Maybe they will release a French song in between? 3 full months seems like a long gap between the single and the album.