Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

Sorry if I don´t quote anyone... I´ve read 34875349875 pages from phone, and now I´ll try to summarize.

I don`t think GK has nothing to do with Celebrate... not only they´re obviously different in style, genre or however you call it in English. Either I can´t find the "soul" in Celebrate. Maybe we need Mika to explain how he managed to write those lyrics, cause we all know how and why Mika wrote GK and what happened with that song, and maybe it helps us to appreciate it in a different way.

I like lots of different genres. Mostly 60´s rock. But my second fav artist is a guy who only writes electronic music, so I think I´m open for everything.... But I think that Mika this time got stuck in the middle of nowhere.... THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION. The song is not as catchy as Rihanna or Katy´s and of course is not pure electronic... it´s like an attempt to make a pop-catchy-song but trying to fit also in the electronic mainstream while embracing at the same time the "Mika-ish" factor... oh God... :aah:

Yes the bolded part is same as what I thought.. yesterday I wrote like "Celebrate got 'lost' somewhere between 'Mika-ish' and 'current trend' 'Current Trend' mean something like , Katy Perry's 'Califonia girls'. I still don't understand why that kind of 'cheap' songs get No.1 in US or UK but this is trend.

In other hands, MYH is great. Changed but in very unique mika-ish way. But If I were Mika, I'd choose Celebrate as a single too, to be get in da damn 'Trend' ... To risky to release 'MYH' as a single....

Edited by Yuna

I'm keeping an open mind. Many songs that I'm not so keen on, get to #1, while songs I love get nowhere. So what do I know?

My hope is that this is the right decision and it will pay off for Mika. All I really want is for him to do well again in the UK, and if Celebrate can do it for him, I'll be very happy.

I do think the song will be good in the gigs. It will be great live, so that's in it's favour anyway.

Also, it might be played on TV when the Olympics are on, as it would be perfect for that.

It's bound to be out in the UK, before September, because that's when the album is out. So it should be getting played during the olympics and should add to the mood.

So all in all, I'm just waiting to see what happens now. I'm crossing fingers, toes and eyes, that everything will be (as the song says) OK!:thumb_yello:

Have you hear them both live at gigs? :blink:

It is not about the genre, we are talking about the song. Besdies, I don't think there are many people here as open to different music genres as I am, actually. Most hardly ever listen to any other artist besides Mika so I don't know what your comment is referring to. :dunno:

I heard I gotta feeling live before the Rome gig (and iirc in Milan - recorded) , and when I listen to Celebrate I get the same feeling, I can see me and the audience dancing

As far as I know, most of us listen to other artists as well, at least on the radio or on the internet :dunno:

That's autotune for you .
of course it's pleasant to MY ear, it was a bit ironic though :wink2:

I like their voices together in this particular song, although they're obviously very different

Edited by mari62

.. could be

Be in a night like this forever

.. that's what i think i listen and it makes sense :blink:

All I can hear is:

Being hurt like this forever

would lead nowhere

Hmm... I'll keep listening, with those phrases in mind. Either of you

could be right -- I'm really not sure yet. :dunno:

Maybe it will become clear when we hear him sing it live today. I hope so,

anyway. It's driving me a little crazy! :insane:

I hear 'reunite like this forever'

but can't work out the following line at all :blink:

I'm keeping an open mind. Many songs that I'm not so keen on, get to #1, while songs I love get nowhere. So what do I know?

My hope is that this is the right decision and it will pay off for Mika. All I really want is for him to do well again in the UK, and if Celebrate can do it for him, I'll be very happy.

I do think the song will be good in the gigs. It will be great live, so that's in it's favour anyway.

Also, it might be played on TV when the Olympics are on, as it would be perfect for that.

It's bound to be out in the UK, before September, because that's when the album is out. So it should be getting played during the olympics and should add to the mood.

So all in all, I'm just waiting to see what happens now. I'm crossing fingers, toes and eyes, that everything will be (as the song says) OK!:thumb_yello:

At the finish line :naughty: No really, I really agree with what you say :thumb_yello:

OMG :shocked::shocked::shocked::yikes:

Sorry Mika but in this outfit, you look like a tosser. I hope it was some sort of joke, cause if he turns up in this gettup on Sunday people will cry with laughter AT him. This is atrocious!!!

:doh: What on earth was he thinking??

You killed me). I decided that it was His new style ... I don't like as look Mika. The Russian chanson likes these hats and they worn it on stage and in life ( it's romantic songs about a criminal life. Hate it )

Celebrate officially released here! :boing:

anxious to see how the chart position goes up.... :teehee:

:yay: It will be released here tomorrow I'm so excited :boing:

I don't know, more than the fact that I'm not the one you should ask if you want the correct lyrics because I mishear everything :aah:

But, yeah hopefully! I really want to know what he is singing!

At the finish line :naughty: No really, I really agree with what you say :thumb_yello:

Actually, I've listened to it again today and I'm starting to like it better.

I know I wasn't so keen yesterday, but the song's been stuck in my head since then. I even found myself singing a bit of it.

So Mika HAS done an addictive song. Let's hope it does well.

Did I write somewhere here I don't like Celebrate?

Well, after hearing it live today I.... actually DO like it lol The audience seemed to really appreciate it and by the end everyone around me was singing: I want the whole world to celebrate!

It didn't sound so plastic at all and I'm giving it another chance now. I think a good video could change a lot:naughty:

Sorry if I don´t quote anyone... I´ve read 34875349875 pages from phone, and now I´ll try to summarize.

I don`t think GK has nothing to do with Celebrate... not only they´re obviously different in style, genre or however you call it in English. Either I can´t find the "soul" in Celebrate. Maybe we need Mika to explain how he managed to write those lyrics, cause we all know how and why Mika wrote GK and what happened with that song, and maybe it helps us to appreciate it in a different way.

I like lots of different genres. Mostly 60´s rock. But my second fav artist is a guy who only writes electronic music, so I think I´m open for everything.... But I think that Mika this time got stuck in the middle of nowhere.... THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION. The song is not as catchy as Rihanna or Katy´s and of course is not pure electronic... it´s like an attempt to make a pop-catchy-song but trying to fit also in the electronic mainstream while embracing at the same time the "Mika-ish" factor... oh God... :aah:

I thought of this during all this morning and my final conclusion is that now I like MYH best. :mf_rosetinted: FML :mf_rosetinted:

[not sure if what i'm going to write it's an answer to what i quote, but i though of it when i was reading that post]

I've never liked the word "gendre" in music. Most of musicians are like too used to be considered in one gendre and are like "afraid" of discovering something else. During my 23years of listening to music, I've liked different gendres but with Mika [and Queen] I discovered that I simply LOVE the kind of musicians/singers that are not afraid of just do the music they like beyond gendres. I love the idea that they have free souls and they write whatever their soul demands to write, not caring about the "gendre" their songs will be considered.

Everytime I listen to all Mika's songs [or all Queen's songs] it's a very rare and unique mixature xD and it's actually funny that all those differents songs came from the same artist ;)

....annnd that's what i feel about Mika. forgive my english :sweatdrop:

oh and i deeply envy all those who can hear Mika live ! don't know if I'll ever have the chance to see him live :puppy_eyes:

Edited by Elizabeth.C

Universal Singapore says Celebrate is released today worldwide :thumb_yello:

but they add:

For @mikasounds MFC around the world, we guess it is best to check with UMG from your country the release details of his single, thanks! :)

Universal Serbia doesn't even mention Mika :sneaky2:

it's really strange, his performance was pronounced the best opening act of our biggest music festival, I don't understand why they aren't playing his songs :dunno:

the only exception of the rule is one TV station whose editor is apparently big Mika fan, since he puts either Relax or BG in EVERY program they have :aah:

Universal Singapore says Celebrate is released today worldwide :thumb_yello:

but they add:

For @mikasounds MFC around the world, we guess it is best to check with UMG from your country the release details of his single, thanks! :)

Thanks :thumb_yello: Then I don't need to be illegal :naughty:

Celebrate has not been released today in Italy :sad:

nothing on itunes and Universal music newsletters have not even mentioned it so far! :shocked:

I've just asked them what's going to happen :sneaky2:

Well universal music Sweden said it would be released today, but I can't find it on Itunes nor Spotify so I don't know where to look. I was looking forward to this day... :tears:

Celebrate has not been released today in Italy :sad:

nothing on itunes and Universal music newsletters have not even mentioned it so far! :shocked:

I've just asked them what's going to happen :sneaky2:

shocking! :shocked:

this is Mika's page on Universal Music Italia site! :doh:

http://www.universalmusic.it/pop/artista/news/?f=ok&ids=5031

Edited by robertina