Celebrate - First single radio listening! + Discussion & Lyrics

Celebrate has not been released today in Italy :sad:

nothing on itunes and Universal music newsletters have not even mentioned it so far! :shocked:

I've just asked them what's going to happen :sneaky2:

and what they sad??

Looks like it's getting some airplay in the UK. This station is in Liverpool.

Radio City 96.7

‏@RadioCity967

Simon G: I have a brand new "Stop What You’re Doing And Turn It Up To 11” track from @MikaSounds coming up before midday!!!

Celebrate is really really growing on me. Yes it's ever so slightly cheesy and a bit too mainstream for my taste but I'm finding that not only can I not get it out of my head, but also that every time I hear it, it makes me feel euphoric.

Even Pharrell's bit is growing on me. The "and have fun!" part, I think, is a big hook.

The only bit that jars with me a little is the rather clunky transition just before Pharrell says "right about now...". I don't get that bit at all. :blink:

Basically, it'll never be on my top ten Mika favourites list but it does have that little bit of Mika magic in it, which keeps bringing me back to listen to it.

:mikalove:

Looks like it's getting some airplay in the UK. This station is in Liverpool.

Radio City 96.7

‏@RadioCity967

Simon G: I have a brand new "Stop What You’re Doing And Turn It Up To 11” track from @MikaSounds coming up before midday!!!

I even know the jingles on that radio station! WOOO.

Celebrate is really really growing on me. Yes it's ever so slightly cheesy and a bit too mainstream for my taste but I'm finding that not only can I not get it out of my head, but also that every time I hear it, it makes me feel euphoric.

Even Pharrell's bit is growing on me. The "and have fun!" part, I think, is a big hook.

The only bit that jars with me a little is the rather clunky transition just before Pharrell says "right about now...". I don't get that bit at all. :blink:

Basically, it'll never be on my top ten Mika favourites list but it does have that little bit of Mika magic in it, which keeps bringing me back to listen to it.

:mikalove:

I agree. I'm feeling the Mika magic in the song now. I think, what it was at first (for me anyway) was that he

said all along the album was going to be different, 12 love songs. Previously, we heard BIOTW and Underwater (not counting the French songs) then we heard Make You Happy, a different sound and another love song. So I think Celebrate was a bit of a shock, for want of a better explanation. Because Celebrate is actually more like earlier songs, like Love Today, or WAG, than a romantic song. But, especially having seen the live performance, I'm seeing it now as a real Mika song. It's got parts that people can sing along to. Parts where there's a bit of a catchphrase, but spelled with 2 letters. I'm pleased how many people seem to like the song and I'm much happier now and excited. It's been played over here in Liverpool! That's wonderful. Let's hope other radio stations in the UK, follow suit!

even 'better' :doh:

Actually they don't even have a site :blink: When I click on the link to the site, I end up on their facebook page, really annoying. :sneaky2: And at the facebook page nothing's written about Mika :huh:

@Lyrics

Once I get up I feel better

Then I pull myself together

I remember those two letters

It will be OK

Everyone says now or never

I say only if it's better

Be a night? like this forever

Will we know better

I understand "being not like this forever"

From MTV

Mika's on a mission to make this summer the most chipper one ever by teasing us with all kinds of peppy tunes from his forthcoming album, The Origin of Love. Just recently, his goal was to "Make You Happy" with a romantic video that reminded us of our fave indie films. Now, Mika wants us to "Celebrate" his latest jam with Pharrell Williams. (Warning: This song may cause endorphin overload.)

Listen to a sneak peek of Mika and Pharrell Williams in "Celebrate" after the jump.

The Origin of Love doesn't officially drop until September 16, but the already-released preview of "Celebrate" rejoices in pop at its peppiest. Mika sticks to what he's really good at: uplifting beats and cheery riffs that offer a lush '80s-dance vibe (think Pet Shop Boys). But if you're looking for the Brit's signature falsetto, keep on walking (or dancing,) 'cause the singer takes a break on hitting the high notes this time around -- he's probably too busy celebrating.

While the lyrics seem to concentrate more on overcoming personal struggle ("Then I pull myself together/ I remember those two letters, it will be OK/ Everyone says now or never/ I say only if it’s better,") Mika's chorus asks the world to celebrate and Pharrell Williams' fun (but subtle) vocal additions give the song's overall tone a major "put yo' hands in the air like you just don't care" vibe. Don't mind if we do.

Wow! Mika was awesome on the videos. His stage personality certainly hasn't changed! :) kodes100 seems to have ended his campaign against MFC. Now it is only 'kudos mika' - mission accomplished!:naughty:

Edited by Ellenowl

:

From MTV

Mika's on a mission to make this summer the most chipper one ever by teasing us with all kinds of peppy tunes from his forthcoming album, The Origin of Love. Just recently, his goal was to "Make You Happy" with a romantic video that reminded us of our fave indie films. Now, Mika wants us to "Celebrate" his latest jam with Pharrell Williams. (Warning: This song may cause endorphin overload.)

Listen to a sneak peek of Mika and Pharrell Williams in "Celebrate" after the jump.

The Origin of Love doesn't officially drop until September 16, but the already-released preview of "Celebrate" rejoices in pop at its peppiest. Mika sticks to what he's really good at: uplifting beats and cheery riffs that offer a lush '80s-dance vibe (think Pet Shop Boys). But if you're looking for the Brit's signature falsetto, keep on walking (or dancing,) 'cause the singer takes a break on hitting the high notes this time around -- he's probably too busy celebrating.

While the lyrics seem to concentrate more on overcoming personal struggle ("Then I pull myself together/ I remember those two letters, it will be OK/ Everyone says now or never/ I say only if it’s better,") Mika's chorus asks the world to celebrate and Pharrell Williams' fun (but subtle) vocal additions give the song's overall tone a major "put yo' hands in the air like you just don't care" vibe. Don't mind if we do.

:yay:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

What a fabulous review!!!

Oh :shocked: Looks like it's been updated a lot :aah:

At least Universal Music Italia has a site with a Mika page, Universal Music Sweden doesn't...They don't even have a site :doh:

Same here!

Actually they don't even have a site :blink: When I click on the link to the site, I end up on their facebook page, really annoying. :sneaky2: And at the facebook page nothing's written about Mika :huh:

In universal music's page they don't even have a link for Universal Music Chile :doh: all I could find was the facebook page and it was full of Justin Bieber news :sneaky2: I asked them when will they realase Celebrate for Chile, but I don't think they're planning to do it :sneaky2:

Wow! Mika was awesome on the videos. His stage personality certainly hasn't changed! :) kodes100 seems to have ended his campaign against MFC. Now it is only 'kudos mika' - mission accomplished!:naughty:

his dance-steps haven't changed at all :mikalove:

From MTV

haha true! who doesn't need that? I certainly do :wub2:

:sneaky2: at least it's better than on Universal Music Romania:aah: the last news on Mika were when he released WAG:doh:

Sounds a bit like Universal Music in Australia. I checked the news part of Mika's site and the most recent bit was about Mika announcing his gig in 2009 :sneaky2:

At least on the music releases page you can download Elle Me Dit.

I think I might harass them about Celebrate...