Your 2 favourites of the 5 new songs

suzie

I remember back in the day :old: it was often the second single with the most punch. They would release something to warm people up first. It kind of happened with Relax/GK too although I think most people probably never heard Relax at first and had never heard of Mika before GK came out.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back in the day :old: it was often the second single with the most punch. They would release something to warm people up first. It kind of happened with Relax/GK too although I think most people probably never heard Relax at first and had never heard of Mika before GK came out.

I think Relax was only a limited edition, or something. Just to get him some radio-play and publicity before GK exploded onto the airways. That was a good strategy at the time.

I hope this new album can release 4 to 5 singles,and make it hot for a long time,like LICM,don't like TBWKTM.:wink2:

gotta be tool & lola fecking hate underwater ... i wish mika would scrub it from the album & replace it with hmdylm !

No I like underwater, but he got to have hmdylm on the album. Love that song so much :wub2:

How much do you love me :wink2:

one of the best Mika songs ever :wub2:

oooooh yes I know that song:thumb_yello:

I am so bad at reading those short words for songs..xD I know LICM, TBWKTM and a few more.. but most of them not..xD I always have to think a long time before understanding...:doh:

oooooh yes I know that song:thumb_yello:

I am so bad at reading those short words for songs..xD I know LICM, TBWKTM and a few more.. but most of them not..xD I always have to think a long time before understanding...:doh:

Great :thumb_yello:

Well you're not the only one, I have to think for ages and then I have to use google :doh::aah: Like the first time saw the short word EMD I was like: wow why do they talk about a swedish band, but then I realized that they didn't :doh:

Great :thumb_yello:

Well you're not the only one, I have to think for ages and then I have to use google :doh::aah: Like the first time saw the short word EMD I was like: wow why do they talk about a swedish band, but then I realized that they didn't :doh:

lol yes when they were tweeting about Elle Me Dit one year celebration (something like that) I seriously didn't know what they were talking about..xD So I asked and they were like: seriously???:naughty:

btw, aren't we forgetting Blame it On the Weather? <3

lol yes when they were tweeting about Elle Me Dit one year celebration (something like that) I seriously didn't know what they were talking about..xD So I asked and they were like: seriously???:naughty:

btw, aren't we forgetting Blame it On the Weather? <3

Hahaha :aah:

and EMD short word :naughty: and Karen? But I guess it's only the newest songs that you can vote for :wink2:

My opinion so far, 10 being perfection, 0 being sh*t – might change once the album is released, of course:

Underwater – 12

The Origin Of Love – 11.5

Make You Happy – 9.5

Lola – 9.5

Celebrate – 8

:original:

My opinion so far, 10 being perfection, 0 being sh*t – might change once the album is released, of course:

Underwater – 12

Make You Happy – 9.5

Lola – 9.5

Celebrate – 8

+1

exactly how I feel about the songs :wink2:

Underwater – 12

Make You Happy – 9.5

Lola – 9.5

Celebrate – 8

+1

I'd probably give Underwater a HIGHER mark :wub2: and Celebrate a

LOWER one :mf_rosetinted: but yes, I guess I feel similar to you both.

:thumb_yello:

Underwater – 12

Make You Happy – 9.5

Lola – 9.5

Celebrate – 8

Ha! I like your scale. :wink2:

I think I would probably swap TOOL and Lola though. I really adore Lola. Underwater is way off the charts for me too.

I always knew I would love the album but it's difficult to imagine how that is really going to feel until you hear the songs. Now we've heard enough songs I think I'm going to love it more than LICM and TBWKTM.

I just love that he can mix up so many styles and moods instead of making the same song over and over again. There are so few bands and artists who can pull this off, especially for 3 entire albums.

I would have loved to add scaling but you cannot :teehee:

That's why I thought choosing 2 out of 5 would reflect more of a scale rather than choosing only 1 favourite or choosing too many.

I think Underwater could be totally the breath of fresh air in the charts if recorded well. Apparently it is all acoustic and we already know it is melodic and has some awesome choral sound in it so I can totally see it in the charts / hear it on the radio. :dunno:

The day this was posted, I chose Lola and Make You Happy, but after having a week or so for The Origin of Love to stay stuck in my head, I'd probably choose that over MYH. :teehee:

I love Underwater, but it kind of makes me feel melancholy.

I'd probably give Underwater a HIGHER mark :wub2: and Celebrate a

LOWER one :mf_rosetinted: but yes, I guess I feel similar to you both.

I know. I didn't want to sound too enthusiastic... :blush-anim-cl:

I just love that he can mix up so many styles and moods instead of making the same song over and over again. There are so few bands and artists who can pull this off, especially for 3 entire albums.

So true. I was telling someone a few days ago that a casual listener who's only heard Rain couldn't probably believe that same author had written Lady Jane, just to put an example.

I wish I could have voted for three, as I can't separate Celebrate and Make You Happy. I like them both equally for completely different reasons.

Just a thought about Origin Of Love; has anyone else noticed the chord progression in the 'From the air I breathe' segment is the same as (or extremely close to) that of the chorus of Happy Ending, only in a different key obviously. Mika knows what works :teehee:

Now we've heard enough songs I think I'm going to love it more than LICM and TBWKTM.

I think I am definitely going to like it more that TBWKTM.:thumb_yello:

As for mixing up styles, I think this album is shaping up to be a good mix but somehow much more cohesive than TBWKTM in terms of overall sound (if that makes sense and isn't a contradiction). TBWKTM was a bit of a hodge podge really :blink:.