2012 - Mika Tells Instinct, “Yeah, I’m gay.”

dcdeb

When I speak about somebody to someone who wants to know or remember this person I say her name I describe the person physically and his personality traits but I never said "he or she is homosexual" to describe and define this person :doh:

yes, Mika wouldn't need to do that, either. It is the press who create lists of gay artists...etc. Full nonsense, I agree. In fact, I find it appalling, too. Mika creates pop music and not gay pop music, even though there is or was a gay pop music scene, too, that he is not part of and will probably never be.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes, Mika wouldn't need to do that, either. It is the press who create lists of gay artists...etc. Full nonsense, I agree. In fact, I find it appalling, too. Mika creates pop music and not gay pop music, even though there is or was a gay pop music scene, too, that he is not part of and will probably never be.

Now if you read the articles in french about the new Mika video Celebrate you could read "the gay singer" "the gay artist" :doh:

Now if you read the articles in french about the new Mika video Celebrate you could read "the gay singer" "the gay artist" :doh:

I don't see how that is worse than 'Mika, who continually refuses to label himself and does not want to discuss his sexuality, ...', which is what articles said before. The guy is in love and he wants to shout it from the rooftops, so let him enjoy it.

I do fancy the pants off him

Is that an existing expression? I love it!

I personally think that it's possible all the secrecy in the past was what distroyed his previous relationship. Maybe the other guy was upset about not being acknowledged, but now, the new relationship he's in means so much to him that he's not going to be secretive about his sexual orientation anymore, and he's so much in-love he wants to talk about it openly.

Indeed, it can't be good for a relationship to say you don't limit yourself in who you sleep with and regularly deny being in a relationship. Although I guess it would have been a symptom of a :badword: up relationship rather than the cause. Either way, it doesn't sound very healthy (or am I being too conservative here?).

As I posted this morning, I think it perfectly fits the discussion.

I found it with English subtitles :wink2:

A simple message, thirty perfect seconds.

A dream yet, maybe, but so nice.

I read it was released in 2005 in Portugal, but unfortunately our Catholic countries didn't progress THAT much if you think that even us, that we are from what I read, free-thinking people, we're discussing for pages, some of us about tolerating instead of considering this choice one of the possibility of our sexuality.

I also speak about myself, I live in Rome, and you know...

Padre nostrum, deus machismo... :mf_popeanim:

:aah:

When the culture is so deep-rooted, you know, it happens.

The judgement, I mean, even sharing a laugh with people who have problems in accepting the normality of the choices.

A laugh, and you are partner in crime.

It's difficult, Mari spoke about that in another context.

But... never give up hope folks!!

Maybe our children will be those ladies in the park!!

Ok, maybe our grandchildren :sneaky2:!!

Thanks for the video :wink2:

It's in the titles in France today that the Catholic Church is planning to gather people against gay marriage tomorrow for the Assumption.

Just when things are starting to move politically speaking and that opinions in favour of gay marriage are increasing.

Sad world

I think it only reflects bad on papers who feel the necessity to add that adjective before his name. I have seen 'obese' / 'rounded' / 'fat' added in front of Adele's name and that is not necessary, either. If it wasn't for gay, I'm sure they'd be able to come up with anything else. If YOU don't think it is an insult, it is not. :dunno:

I personally think that it's possible all the secrecy in the past was what distroyed his previous relationship. Maybe the other guy was upset about not being acknowledged, but now, the new relationship he's in means so much to him that he's not going to be secretive about his sexual orientation anymore, and he's so much in-love he wants to talk about it openly.

I personally think it is a bit too much reading into this. He never said he is with another guy, anyway. He said they broke up but he is in love again. So anyone can interpret it the way they want to. Perhaps it is not even needed that we try to figure it out.

Edited by suzie

I personally think it is a bit too much reading into this. He never said he is with another guy, anyway. He said they broke up but he is in love again. So anyone can interpret it the way they want to. Perhaps it is not even needed that we try to figure it out.

Saying he's in a very happy relationship and dedicating a song to the man he loves kind of implies he's with another guy, doesn't it?

Saying he's in a very happy relationship and dedicating a song to the man he loves kind of implies he's with another guy, doesn't it?

Not to me. You can break up as many times as you want to with the same person, but like I said, I am only saying because he has been really vague about these stories and we can't know for sure. In fact, we don't need to know. I like that, actually.

Edited by suzie

Not to me. You can break up as many times as you want to with the same person, but like I said, I am only saying because he has been really vague about these stories and we can't know for sure. In fact, we don't need to know. I like that, actually.

In his new bio of Universal it is written that he is NOW in a very happy relationship :wink2:

In his new bio of Universal it is written that he is NOW in a very happy relationship :wink2:

Did I say it otherwise?:blink:

I can't believe it is so difficult to understand what I meant, so you can all forget it, not important :roftl:

Edited by suzie

Did I say it otherwise?:blink:

I can't believe it is so difficult to understand what I meant .roftl:

I understand that there is the possibility that he broke up with this person and then they got back together and now they're in a happy relationship together. However, with him "breaking up and falling in love again very soon" or whatever the exact way he put it was, that sounds unlikely.

Edited by smokesignal

I never ever defining myself by a sexual orientation because who I am comes from my soul and heart, my education, my history, the country where I live, the way I feel the world,...

When I speak about somebody to someone who wants to know or remember this person I say her name I describe the person physically and his personality traits but I never said "he or she is homosexual" to describe and define this person :doh:

But that defines the main part of everyone? Sexuality is only a small part of us. And people who love Mika love him because of his music and personality. It's still good to see him sharing his happiness.

I don't see how that is worse than 'Mika, who continually refuses to label himself and does not want to discuss his sexuality, ...', which is what articles said before. The guy is in love and he wants to shout it from the rooftops, so let him enjoy it.

Yes, exactly :thumb_yello:

I have loved this conversation. Mika tells he is in love (with a man) and almost 60 pages and no one seems to be interested in who it could be. I like it that way, it feels correct.

I have loved this conversation. Mika tells he is in love (with a man) and almost 60 pages and no one seems to be interested in who it could be. I like it that way, it feels correct.

Whoever the person is must be amazing to have stolen Mika's heart. That's all that matters.

It was in few articles "Mika who refuses to label himself".

A journalist in an article who define an artist by his sexual orientation or others things like physical which have no relation with what this person doing artistically is pejorative. In articles we have to read "the pop artist" or "the pop singer".

I think I have a little idea that who he is :teehee: I think you know him :wink2:

I think I have a little idea that who he is :teehee: I think you know him :wink2:

Whoever it is, I think we can just leave the issue and wait if he ever wants to talk about it in interviews or make any public appearance together or something like that.

Any idea when the magazine will come out? I'm curious about his original words, we have seen only this teaser.

I don't think it is particularly wise to start discussing the identity of any ex-, current or non-existing boyfriend of him :rolls_eyes:

Since when are we wise?

We'd have to remove so many posts if we couldn't...

I don't think it is particularly wise to start discussing the identity of any ex-, current or non-existing boyfriend of him :rolls_eyes:

It's definitely not wise. It was much easier when people could actually talk 300 pages about Mika entertaining a woman or his imaginary children :lmfao: we don't have that entertaining option anymore...

It's definitely not wise. It was much easier when people could actually talk 300 pages about Mika entertaining a woman or his imaginary children :lmfao: we don't have that entertaining option anymore...

He is in love with a male marionette :mf_rosetinted:

He wants children with him as he said at the Blue Balls Festival :naughty:

Edited by Sephira

ok, since we ran out of topics I remember one I wanted to bring up once more

Anyway, I've thought that it would be better not to use a label bisexual because I have serious doubts about the term, even though it's possible.

I think it is typical of how a straight person feels about this topic. One may accept and understand it but cannot really relate to it. I also think that bisexuality is more rare than it is claimed and in some cases it may as well just be repressed homosexuality. In other words, was Billy Brown gay or bi? I think the first.

On the other hand, real bisexuality must exist with genderless or transgender people, for example.

I might share a bizarre story tomorrow- can't write from my phone properly.

Edited by suzie

He is in love with a male marionette :mf_rosetinted:

But it's not as interesting as "lady in Paris" or that blond woman no one seems to know holding his hand :lmfao: We haven't had really funny threads for a long time. Everything is so serious.

But it's not as interesting as "lady in Paris" or that blond woman no one seems to know holding his hand :lmfao: We haven't had really funny threads for a long time. Everything is so serious.

He kissed the marionette far more interesting :mf_rosetinted: