Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

I took a huge block of Gouda from Amsterdam to Toronto and back to London and no one bothered me about it. :naughty:

Re: Italy wanting him to do TV shows versus the UK wanting him to do TV shows is besides the point IMO.

After watching him spend a month finally getting back to music I am sad that he would waste what are the prime performing years of his life on what is (in world terms) an obscure TV show.

And if history with France is any indication it will be followed up with mediocre Italian songs, endless huge and boring festivals in Italy, etc., etc. - all huge distractions from making great English albums and touring the world.

Very disappointing.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well everyone knows what I think of these kinds of shows, but as regards Mika judging, I think the way things are at the moment, it's the worst thing he could do now.

How can he go on a show to help new artists, when his own career is in a state of limbo in most places of the world?

I know he loves being in his own little bubble, and that's all very well, but if he keeps reducing the size of it, he's going to lose fans at a drastic rate. And for someone with his talent it breaks my heart to think that he's reduced to doing this to get his profile back up!

As far as Jessie J is concerned, she cancelled her 2013 concert schedule to go back on The Voice, which didn't please her fans much at all, so if singers songwriters are giving up their main job to do shows like this, I think it's a complete waste of their real talent to be honest.

I took a huge block of Gouda from Amsterdam to Toronto and back to London and no one bothered me about it. :naughty:

Re: Italy wanting him to do TV shows versus the UK wanting him to do TV shows is besides the point IMO.

After watching him spend a month finally getting back to music I am sad that he would waste what are the prime performing years of his life on what is (in world terms) an obscure TV show.

And if history with France is any indication it will be followed up with mediocre Italian songs, endless huge and boring festivals in Italy, etc., etc. - all huge distractions from making great English albums and touring the world.

Very disappointing.

It would be the most stupid decision of his lifetime to take the judging job.

I totally agree, unfortunately :mf_rosetinted:

This news is okay, if true. But for me, if he was to be a judge anywhere I would pick 1st the UK, 2nd, the USA and 3rd, Canada

If it's Italy, that's great for Italian fans, but it isn't going to help him be successful in the UK again. Plus, we'll have to wait for nice Italian peeps to give us as transcript of what he's saying in Italian.

In the UK, Jessie Jay is on The Voice. That was a good move for her even though she's not had the slump that Mika has. Also, the judges on X Factor (UK) are big news in Britain. This would have been great for Mika who needs radio-play in the UK, so badly.

America and Canada would also be a smart move, as the UK would take interest and American X Factor is shown in Britain on itv2. But people in Britain don't know Italian X Factor exists, so it will do nothing for Mika's popularity over here.

Well everyone knows what I think of these kinds of shows, but as regards Mika judging, I think the way things are at the moment, it's the worst thing he could do now.

How can he go on a show to help new artists, when his own career is in a state of limbo in most places of the world?

I know he loves being in his own little bubble, and that's all very well, but if he keeps reducing the size of it, he's going to lose fans at a drastic rate. And for someone with his talent it breaks my heart to think that he's reduced to doing this to get his profile back up!

As far as Jessie J is concerned, she cancelled her 2013 concert schedule to go back on The Voice, which didn't please her fans much at all, so if singers songwriters are giving up their main job to do shows like this, I think it's a complete waste of their real talent to be honest.

I'm totally agree with you and I speak against my interest because I'm Italian and I am very very sorry to not speak English because I have still many things to say!

Even more so, I think it's no secret what HE thinks of these shows! He gets asked that question all the time "What do you think of X Factor/Idol/etc. and the answer he gives is never a raving review. (Granted, it's not slander either)

It would surprise me to see him on board because based on his consistent opinion of these shows, I just don't see him being overly interested.

However, I'm not sure if the rumors are making this distinction or not, but suppose the possibility of him being simply a guest judge for an episode. I've never watched Italian X Factor so I don't know how it runs :aah: but at the very least, if he agreed to do that it probably wouldn't be the end of the world.

I remember I've read they did asked him to be a judge for XFactor UK and The Voice UK,but he refused to do it,at least that's what I got from here: http://realityhouse.altervista.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5787

Can't open the link but maybe those were different times when UK wanted Mika? In the past he was a star in the UK but then what happened? Why UK didnt care about his music like before? Sad indeed but quite true imo...even if I still don't understand why.

Mika who has to play a role someone else came up with and sticks to it... Now that would be the day :naughty:

I don't know about the expert in music part though. The main comments he seemed to give during that x factor show he did in Italy were about how performances made him feel :dunno:

Well he had a different role last year...he was just a "guest" but if he works IN the show he has to train the singers and choose songs, arrangements and stuff like that..a different story :)

---

Anyway, talking in general, each country has a different opinion about judges..the other possibile names are good singers here and some previous ones were good ones too..not lame artists that dont have important jobs or they were famous years before so they ended up on xfactor like the last life chance. So...I guess that we should give him a chance and the freedom to choose! Mika is not stupid so if he'll choose to be a judge he has his reasons.

Can't open the link but maybe those were different times when UK wanted Mika? In the past he was a star in the UK but then what happened? Why UK didnt care about his music like before? Sad indeed but quite true imo...even if I still don't understand why.

Mika is not stupid so if he'll choose to be a judge he has his reasons.

Here,in the last paragraph :wink2:: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3891353&postcount=276

And about the bolded part,I'm totally agree with you :thumb_yello:

Well he had a different role last year...he was just a "guest" but if he works IN the show he has to train the singers and choose songs, arrangements and stuff like that..a different story :)

---

Anyway, talking in general, each country has a different opinion about judges..the other possibile names are good singers here and some previous ones were good ones too..not lame artists that dont have important jobs or they were famous years before so they ended up on xfactor like the last life chance. So...I guess that we should give him a chance and the freedom to choose! Mika is not stupid so if he'll choose to be a judge he has his reasons.

:thumb_yello: Again, you're totally right - MKA can make his own choices, and has his reasons for what he does - so I think all fans just should "relax and take it easy" - and let time show what happens :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Sure Mika has his reasons for doing everything and never makes a bad choice. So when things don't work out we can just blame his team, blame his record company, blame the media, blame the public like we always do. :mf_rosetinted:

Sure Mika has his reasons for doing everything and never makes a bad choice. So when things don't work out we can just blame his team, blame his record company, blame the media, blame the public like we always do. :mf_rosetinted:

But choices are rarely either totally good or totally bad. Something that looks a bad choice now/at some point can later lead to something extremely good. Maybe he simply wants to spend some time in Italy and thinks he can do song writing or collaborations etc. at the same time. If he does projects like this it can lead to something good, we never know.

He probably did his acoustic NA tour partly because of financial reasons and it ended up being his best tour ever and brought him really good publicity. It was small, yes, but every review praised him (and I saw it and he was definitely at his best and showed the US audience how talented he is). Well, of course it looked good for us from the beginning but I wonder if he realized how good it will be.

But choices are rarely either totally good or totally bad. Something that looks a bad choice now/at some point can later lead to something extremely good. Maybe he simply wants to spend some time in Italy and thinks he can do song writing or collaborations etc. at the same time. If he does projects like this it can lead to something good, we never know.

He probably did his acoustic NA tour partly because of financial reasons and it ended up being his best tour ever and brought him really good publicity. It was small, yes, but every review praised him (and I saw it and he was definitely at his best and showed the US audience how talented he is). Well, of course it looked good for us from the beginning but I wonder if he realized how good it will be.

Exactly my opinion too, Nina!

Mika can make mistakes like everyone else but we should give him a chance instead of judging before.

Exactly my opinion too, Nina!

Mika can make mistakes like everyone else but we should give him a chance instead of judging before.

Can't agree more with that! You don't get much in life if you don't keep trying and if you take chances.:thumb_yello:

inevitable when you're in Mika 'Fan Club' , not just in random music forum :naughty:

But choices are rarely either totally good or totally bad. Something that looks a bad choice now/at some point can later lead to something extremely good.

My point is that when people are disappointed with the result of Mika's choices it is somehow everyone else's fault. Like god he seems to only be responsible for the good things that happen and the negative things are due to some evil Other.

In regards to the NA tour, of course it was good. It was Mika and HIS music. Not Mika and a shoe designer. Not Mika doing mediocre French covers. Not Mika and some ads for perfume and glasses. Not Mika and his clothing line. Not Mika trying to fill a massive stadium with props and costumes and graphics and all manner of circus. Not Mika and some obscure TV talent show.

Mika and his music. All of this other stuff is just a distraction - and worse - a detraction from the only thing that matters as far as I'm concerned. The idea of waiting another 4 years to actually hear some music again while Mika focuses on making clothes and going on lame TV shows makes me unbelievably sad.

In 2007 it was all about the music, all the time. Now it's a rare treat to be experienced every few years if you have the stomach to wait it out through all the other crap.

I agree with you about the NA tour. Yes, it was small and stripped-back, but that meant Mika couldn't pretend to be a great singer if he wasn't one already. The reviews were the kind he's always deserved, and when he sang "unplugged", that was the best thing ever in terms of showing that there are no tricks or gimmicks with his voice. What you hear, is all Mika, nothing else.

So even thought he tour was small, I bet he has made many new American fans because of it.

My point is that when people are disappointed with the result of Mika's choices it is somehow everyone else's fault. Like god he seems to only be responsible for the good things that happen and the negative things are due to some evil Other.

In regards to the NA tour, of course it was good. It was Mika and HIS music. Not Mika and a shoe designer. Not Mika doing mediocre French covers. Not Mika and some ads for perfume and glasses. Not Mika and his clothing line. Not Mika trying to fill a massive stadium with props and costumes and graphics and all manner of circus. Not Mika and some obscure TV talent show.

Mika and his music. All of this other stuff is just a distraction - and worse - a detraction from the only thing that matters as far as I'm concerned. The idea of waiting another 4 years to actually hear some music again while Mika focuses on making clothes and going on lame TV shows makes me unbelievably sad.

In 2007 it was all about the music, all the time. Now it's a rare treat to be experienced every few years if you have the stomach to wait it out through all the other crap.

Yes, I know what you meant. He singing like he did in NA was obviously like a DREAM to us and everything I had hoped for, but it's not in our hands (can I say that in English?). He wants to do so many things... Personally I do find it interesting to watch everything, so I don't mind as long as he keeps performing at the same time. And actually I really love for example the idea of him writing for films, it's something I was hoping to see.

Yes, the acoustic tour was wonderful indeed, sigh... :wub2:

Edited by tiibet

Oh my God, it`s unreal how you Christine always express exactly what I feel and think. Yes I was glad with the 3rd album whatever it is, bought it and felt happy after 3 years of waiting... And I`ll be waiting for the next one, and next one...Just to hear his music. I`m notorious in the Russian thread for repeating over and over again that Mika and his music ( and his talent) - are the only things that matter. I`m not interested in his private life or his haircut that much, I don`t find "ahhhh" everything he does apart from music (tho` it`s OK, I like his XL writing:wink2:) I`m as interested in his boyfriend as he`s in mine. I`ve been rejected for such attitude, which is sad. But I still believe -what Mika creates as a musician is enough for fruitfull discussions beyond a colour of his pants, imho :whew:

Yes, I know what you meant. He singing like he did in NA was obviously like a DREAM to us and everything I had hoped for, but it's not in our hands (can I say that in English?).

It shouldn't be the dream though, it should be the norm. I mean of course he is not going to play venues of 500 people all the time but I saw Adele in a hockey arena with just a piano, a guitarist and a set made of nothing but lights.

I know Mika has other creative aspirations. I also think he should write for TV and movies and other artists because it will help him build a career for later in life when performing is not so lucrative.

I can even accept that he enjoys singing in French (although I don't understand the point of it if he needs a lyricist). But an Italian TV show? Come on, that strains the bounds of credulity to think that is any kind of creative endeavour whatsoever. Same with flogging sunglasses.

If Mika needs to earn a buck, whatever. But you can't expect people to be fans of ads for perfume and the type of pathetic talent show that Mika once derided because it is represents everything that is wrong with the music industry and makes it hard for someone like him with real talent to succeed the way he would have 30 years ago.

It shouldn't be the dream though, it should be the norm. I mean of course he is not going to play venues of 500 people all the time but I saw Adele in a hockey arena with just a piano, a guitarist and a set made of nothing but lights.

I know Mika has other creative aspirations. I also think he should write for TV and movies and other artists because it will help him build a career for later in life when performing is not so lucrative.

I can even accept that he enjoys singing in French (although I don't understand the point of it if he needs a lyricist). But an Italian TV show? Come on, that strains the bounds of credulity to think that is any kind of creative endeavour whatsoever. Same with flogging sunglasses.

If Mika needs to earn a buck, whatever. But you can't expect people to be fans of ads for perfume and the type of pathetic talent show that Mika once derided because it is represents everything that is wrong with the music industry and makes it hard for someone like him with real talent to succeed the way he would have 30 years ago.

Exactly. And I bet that if it had been the French voice, everybody and their mother would be upset about it. If he wants his career to flourish in Iyltaly then it is the perfect choice. As for the rest of the world, the non hardcore fans, they will forget about him. Yes he can make his own choices and mistakes but don't be surprised when wee end up saying: "Told you so!"

Writing for other people is very clever, but X-factor has no creative or artistic value at all and would be a waste of time.

I'll wait that the news is confirmed (or denied I wish) before start to debate on this information. :naughty: I didn't forget the big discussion about eurovision.