Mikasounds and Twitter updates - Part 11

guylainem123

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes he can make his own choices and mistakes but don't be surprised when wee end up saying: "Told you so!"

I think the NA tour was a big fat "I told you so". Last week everyone was crying that Europe doesn't get those amazing shows. THIS is the reason why. Instead of coming back from NA to do some amazing gigs in Europe you're getting an Italian TV show.

All I can say is I'm glad that he did the tour in North America and I was able to go to some shows because I did not become a fan of this amazing musician to watch him on some foreign TV shows via YouTube.

I'll wait that the news is confirmed (or denied I wish) before start to debate on this information. :naughty: I didn't forget the big discussion about eurovision.

I think this has more credibility than the Eurovision rumour although I hope you are right that it is not a foregone conclusion. :aah:

I`m as interested in his boyfriend as he`s in mine. I`ve been rejected for such attitude, which is sad. But I still believe -what Mika creates as a musician is enough for fruitfull discussions beyond a colour of his pants, imho :whew:

Oh well I am extremely nosy, I cannot lie :lmfao:

But as far as his work is concerned I have very little interest in side projects and all the circus that has surrounded his shows in the past. Especially since it is now eclipsing his songs and his performances to such a huge degree.

It shouldn't be the dream though, it should be the norm. I mean of course he is not going to play venues of 500 people all the time but I saw Adele in a hockey arena with just a piano, a guitarist and a set made of nothing but lights.

I know Mika has other creative aspirations. I also think he should write for TV and movies and other artists because it will help him build a career for later in life when performing is not so lucrative.

I can even accept that he enjoys singing in French (although I don't understand the point of it if he needs a lyricist). But an Italian TV show? Come on, that strains the bounds of credulity to think that is any kind of creative endeavour whatsoever. Same with flogging sunglasses.

If Mika needs to earn a buck, whatever. But you can't expect people to be fans of ads for perfume and the type of pathetic talent show that Mika once derided because it is represents everything that is wrong with the music industry and makes it hard for someone like him with real talent to succeed the way he would have 30 years ago.

He also writes with others in English, what's the difference? :dunno:

He also writes with others in English, what's the difference? :dunno:

Because they don't write all his lyrics for him. Someone from Universal even said that they are setting him up on collaborations with others to help with the musical arrangements for the recordings because he's already produced brilliant melodies and concepts on his own. Which is obvious when you listen to the raw demos from 2004.

It makes no sense to me when someone says they want to express themselves in another language when they don't know the language well enough to write in it. This latest French song doesn't even sound like it was Mika's idea, muchless his words. And throwing Italian lyrics into TOOL was just ridiculously overt pandering. No one can possibly believe that came from his heart instead of a desire to sell records in Italy.

Besides, this is the guy who said: "The anti Xfactor musician is what I want to be." back in 2007.

*sigh*

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 17m

Sneak peak. One of the men's Ts

6220aeb8a84d11e2ab68220.jpg

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 29m

Photo shoot in London for my new JBC collection Belgium!!! The clothes have come out soo good!!! V excited pic.twitter.com/we0XiAuNfy

BIJmQ86CUAATb5A.jpg

Right and I was so glad that he does not take part on the eurovision because I hate that contest but I would have voted for him. I think he hadn't won there, also he is a great singer and performer but I'm sure he woulldn't have got points from some nations, you know why. If it is true, that he is in a jury of x-factor, I hope it will help to push his carreer. His art don' t get the sucess it deserved. Others don't bring that quality and get everything:shocked:

sdf.png

Thought this is just random shirts Mika liked, but found out this is part of collaboration with JBC the Belgian brand...

well.. saw the pic in the morning and thought that's this one..

dd.png

BIK5KhHCEAAL2rO.jpg