Mika on BBC2 Newsnight Review Friday 05/10/12 - at 11pm UK time

RAK1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I was disappointed with on the show, was the less-than-enbthusiastic clapping from the revew panel. But then, of course, I'm biased. If I'd have been there I'd have given him a standing ovation!

I also thought he gave a brilliant answer when they asked him what Bond song he'd have liked to have sung. The Lois Armstrong song, All The Time In The World, is the best Bond Theme, because it has true emotion in it. It's a beautiful song.

Trust Mika to come up with a gem of an answer, when put on the spot. Just another reason why I love this remarkable guy so much!

oh well i did offer to meet him there but no reply back .... i could have whoop whooped & all that palver, his loss i guess :naughty:

btw christine thanx for the recording as i got that bored with the chatting on that show that i fell asleep just before mika came on :doh:

btw christine thanx for the recording as i got that bored with the chatting on that show that i fell asleep just before mika came on :doh:

Yes thank you for uploading, same thing happened to me, I fell asleep 20 minutes before Mika arrived, I woke up to the sound of his voice but missed most of the song :aah:

Yes thank you for uploading, same thing happened to me, I fell asleep 20 minutes before Mika arrived, I woke up to the sound of his voice but missed most of the song :aah:

That must be nice, especially with such a perfect performance :wub2:

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds

On BBC Newsnight review in 10 mins. Singing Origin Of Love acoustically... No hiding flubbed notes!

What does that mean: 'flubbed notes'?:dunno:

mika was fab - love that version of the song, without the pseudo-latin (spanish? whatever :huh:) chanting

I especially love that part...

Flubbed - he made the word up - or it might just be a typo - but I think he meant "fluffed" ie notes he didn't get quite right :thumb_yello:

No it's not made up, that's what we say in North America. It means to screw them up. :naughty:

I'm uploading to YouTube now. Will be ready in about 20 mins. :thumb_yello:

Thanks, Christine! You have to teach me how to do that! :wink2:

What does that mean: 'flubbed notes'?:dunno:

Flubbed - he made the word up - or it might just be a typo - but I think he meant "fluffed" ie notes he didn't get quite right :thumb_yello:

No, he didn't make it up -- flubbed is a real word! :thumb_yello: But you got the meaning right -- I think it was pretty clear from the context what it meant. It's a mistake, usually an embarrassing one. Like, "He flubbed his lines in the first act of the play."

And I didn't hear any flubbing -- but I was a bit annoyed at the credits rolling across the screen before he was done singing. I got the impression too that he was told to keep it short -- it looked to me as though he was looking at someone or something telling him to wrap it up. Oh well, it was lovely to see him anyway -- just love that song, in all its incarnations. :wub2:

Edited by dcdeb

Thanks, Christine! You have to teach me how to do that! :wink2:

No, he didn't make it up -- flubbed is a real word! :thumb_yello: But you got the meaning right -- I think it was pretty clear from the context what it meant. It's a mistake, usually an embarrassing one. Like, "He flubbed his lines in the first act of the play."

And I didn't hear any flubbing -- but I was a bit annoyed at the credits rolling across the screen before he was done singing. I got the impression too that he was told to keep it short -- it looked to me as though he was looking at someone or something to telling him to wrap it up. Oh well, it was lovely to see him anyway -- just love that song, in all its incarnations. :wub2:

Never heard "flubbed" in th UK - but then I live a sheltered life :teehee:

Yes - shame about the credits rolling - but at least they didn't dim the sound and announce the next programme over the top :thumb_yello:

(They did that once at the end of "Casanova" with David Tennant - the drama ended with a very poignant dreamy dancing scene of Casanova and his life-long-love reunited in death, with soft music and we were all going :wub2: isn't that lovely - and then the announcer came on and said "coming up next....." and we all went :aah::aah::aah: And there were letters to the BBC :sneaky2: It was like theyd p****d on a picasso - totally ruined it :aah:)

So a few rolling credits isn't so bad :wink2:

That must be nice, especially with such a perfect performance :wub2:

It happens to me quite often to fall asleep with the radio on and wake up when they play a Mika song. I'm always impressed by whatever happens in my brain then :teehee:

But yes, it was particularly nice last night with this great live performance :wub2: (I would have preferred not to fall asleep at all though :aah:)

If you're watching the stream on the internet you can just replay it instantly. I was having problems with the proxy connection and missed it altogether and had to restart it several times to get the full song without it freezing. I'm glad I persevered though since Mika appeared to be creeping Twitter looking for a copy. :naughty:

If you're watching the stream on the internet you can just replay it instantly. I was having problems with the proxy connection and missed it altogether and had to restart it several times to get the full song without it freezing. I'm glad I persevered though since Mika appeared to be creeping Twitter looking for a copy. :naughty:

:teehee::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I loved it so much :wub2:

Thank you Christine :huglove::flowers2:

The only thing I was disappointed with on the show, was the less-than-enbthusiastic clapping from the revew panel. But then, of course, I'm biased. If I'd have been there I'd have given him a standing ovation!

I also thought he gave a brilliant answer when they asked him what Bond song he'd have liked to have sung. The Lois Armstrong song, All The Time In The World, is the best Bond Theme, because it has true emotion in it. It's a beautiful song.

Trust Mika to come up with a gem of an answer, when put on the spot. Just another reason why I love this remarkable guy so much!

I was struck by the look of complete disdain on Paul Morley's face. That man is a music snob if ever there was one and I wouldn't be surprised if he loathes Mika :naughty:

Whatever!!