Uk charts: Mika disappoints

Mina Alisa

Wow I didn't expect this :shocked:

We waited in pole position but "Skyfall", the new single from Adele, unable to climb the top of the singles sales despite a bad score. Side albums, Mika can not even to get into the top 20.

4446276-mika-620x345-1.jpg

It took only 10 days to win the top of the airplay English with the event "Skyfall", but Adele has not yet succeeded in placing the single topped the charts. Having sold more than 84,000 copies of the title in three days, "Skyfall" climbed two floors in the second week and saw its sales increase by 10% to 92,464 copies. But the diva can not beat Swedish House Mafia, which directly number one with her ​​latest single before separation. DJ trio has attracted 135,564 customers in its first week with "Do not You Worry Child", an excellent start which gave him his first number one. So, Adele confirms the curse that falls on Soundtrack James Bond: no title has ever managed to win pole position in the UK charts! If only the singer had not decided to leave his title Friday at 0:07 ...

Behind the leading duo, Psy drop a floor with "Gangnam Style", whose sales fell for the first time with 68,914 copies sold (-21%) but passes the 300,000 sales, while Rihanna signs fall faster with "Diamonds" number one came last week when the star first tried the strategy on air / on sale for sale at almost the same time as the sending radio. This week, sales of "Diamonds" fell 38% to 66,074 copies. Ellie Goulding is ahead that it is stable in the second week in fifth place with "Anything Could Happen" (37 894 sales, -24%).

Mumford & Sons back in the lead, Mika does not reach the top 20

Side of album sales, Mumford & Sons took the lead with a huge cardboard "Babel", which has suffered a decline in sales of 43% but still attracted 42,028 buyers for 274,220 sales in three weeks. So, Ellie Goulding simply second with his second album "Halcyon", which sold 33,424 copies. Entered number one last week, Muse saw its sales plummet 75% in its second week with "The 2nd Law", which dropped two places with 27,452 sales counter. Pink , she fell a floor with "The Truth About Love "fourth (14 184 sales, -35%), while Emeli Sandé is still fifth with "Our Version of Events" (13 491 sales, -16%). The album sales totaling 764,061, is the most sold this year in Britain.

Note that three of the top 10 albums are sung by the same man this week! Jeff Lynne arrived with his seventh solo album "Long Wave" (10,630 sales), while the best of ELO, which includes all the tubes of the group re-recorded, between Eighth (10,020 sales). Finally, a best of much older, "All Over the World", with the original versions, is stable in tenth position with 9481 sales total of 720,000 copies sold in 174 weeks ranking. In the rest of the Top Albums, we note in particular the grafted disappointing Mika . Her third album "The Origin of Love", which dominated the French charts last month, can not do better than 24th position with 5,429 sales, not helped by the flop single "Celebrate", which does not even appear in the top 200 this week.

http://www.ozap.com/actu/charts-uk-skyfall-d-adele-se-heurte-a-swedish-house-mafia-mika-decoit/443590

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally pd off with this article.

What they don't seem to get is that no song or album is going to chart if no one hears it. If the top radio station in the UK dosn't give it a play, and a boost.

If it wasn't for the success in America, this article would be really upsetting. As it is, I hope @BBCR1 sit up now, and take notice of Mika's American success.

I'm totally pd off with this article.

What they don't seem to get is that no song or album is going to chart if no one hears it. If the top radio station in the UK dosn't give it a play, and a boost.

If it wasn't for the success in America, this article would be really upsetting. As it is, I hope @BBCR1 sit up now, and take notice of Mika's American success.

The strangest thing is, I don't think he get much more plays in US radio. The album is doing really well in Quebec and was on top in the weeks following the release and I don't hear him on the radio quite often. There's even a radio station in Montreal that has a contest to go see Mika in Paris and while they advertise the contest, they don't play his music very much (they did play Karen at 3:30 AM:shocked:) :blink:

Don,t know how to explain it...:wink2:

Mika has not dissapointed the UK. The UK have dissapointed mika.

Having said that, I mentioned mika at school a few weeks back and everyone said they really liked him!

He has had virtually nothing played on the radio, and done very little in the adversiting department here so I'm not ridiculously surprised. People just seem to be unaware that he has even released a new album. Maybe his main target audience is no longer the UK. He even made us wait several weeks more than everyone else in the world!:aah:

Mika has not dissapointed the UK. The UK have dissapointed mika.

Having said that, I mentioned mika at school a few weeks back and everyone said they really liked him!

He has had virtually nothing played on the radio, and done very little in the adversiting department here so I'm not ridiculously surprised. People just seem to be unaware that he has even released a new album. Maybe his main target audience is no longer the UK. He even made us wait several weeks more than everyone else in the world!:aah:

Well, no one had to wait longer than the US, so I'm surprised at how well he's doing here now.

But as you said, I think the UK have let him down -- there is no way that The Origin of Love is a disappointing album, unless you only listen, to, oh, I don't know, Linkin Park or Lil Wayne or old country like Waylon Jennings. Then I could see why you might find it disappointing. :dunno:

Well, no one had to wait longer than the US, so I'm surprised at how well he's doing here now.

But as you said, I think the UK have let him down -- there is no way that The Origin of Love is a disappointing album, unless you only listen, to, oh, I don't know, Linkin Park or Lil Wayne or old country like Waylon Jennings. Then I could see why you might find it disappointing. :dunno:

TOOL was labelled as a 'country-bluegrass' album in my local HMV, so, no wonder... :teehee:

Like Marilyn said, R1 aren't interested in him for some reason. What makes me really angry about that, is Nick Grimshaw, Scott Mills and Sara Cox are all fans, so why don't they push for his records in the midweek playlist meetings? It's like R1 only care if it's the rubbish boring formulaic music that's doing the rounds now. Apparently Mika doesn't seem to fit in their mould now. They have absolutely no imagination.

And yes, it is the general UK that have let him down. :aah:

My Morrisons still aren't even stocking his album ... they never stocked the second one either ... I'm not sure if that is a huge issue ... but when towns don't have HMV's and Woolworths is no more ... unless you buy online where else are you gonna go ... remember my Mika love started by going into Morrisons with Xmas money and seeing who I could buy stuff of there and then ... if his DVD and album hadn't been there in 2007 would I be here now ... probably not :dunno:

In France they play Celebrate a lot at radio but the single wasn't successful.

I think it's more a matter of taste.

In France The Origin of Love is less successful than the first two albums but in the USA this album apparently sell well to be number one on iTune US in pop category it's rare for a non American artist (Mika has an american passport but he's not living in the USA :naughty: ).

My Morrisons still aren't even stocking his album ... they never stocked the second one either ... I'm not sure if that is a huge issue ... but when towns don't have HMV's and Woolworths is no more ... unless you buy online where else are you gonna go ... remember my Mika love started by going into Morrisons with Xmas money and seeing who I could buy stuff of there and then ... if his DVD and album hadn't been there in 2007 would I be here now ... probably not :dunno:

I don't know if you saw, but yesterday on Twitter, I sent tweets to the big 4 supermarkets here, and the only response I got was from Sainsburys, who were amazing. They asked me where I lived and what was my local store. I told them the 4 stores in my area, and they told me they ALL had TOOL in stock,and that my hometown of Chippenham had the most in stock. They were so helpful.

The others still haven't got back to me and Morrisons, haven't tweeted at all since the set up their account!

Don't you think there will be a bump for the better

when MIKA focuses his PROMO in the UK?

But that's not going to be until December, as he's in Europe until then!

That's 6 weeks away. Not great having a gap that big between the albums release and doing major promo for it!:sad:

Mika has done more promo in the UK over the last week or two than he has for ages...and possibly had more exposure than he did for TBWKTM. It isnt just Radio 1 though that ignore him....................up here most people listen to West FM/Westsound..........and they virtually ignored TBWKTM and seem to be doing the same with TOOL. It is so infruiating.

I don't know if you saw, but yesterday on Twitter, I sent tweets to the big 4 supermarkets here, and the only response I got was from Sainsburys, who were amazing. They asked me where I lived and what was my local store. I told them the 4 stores in my area, and they told me they ALL had TOOL in stock,and that my hometown of Chippenham had the most in stock. They were so helpful.

The others still haven't got back to me and Morrisons, haven't tweeted at all since the set up their account!

But that's not going to be until December, as he's in Europe until then!

That's 6 weeks away. Not great having a gap that big between the albums release and doing major promo for it!:sad:

My local Sainsburys has it ... or they had one copy of it ... they never stock very much as most people go to Morrisons and they're cheaper anyway ... I only ever go to Sainsburys as there's never any queues :teehee:

I feel sorry too... People must have sh*t in their ears, there cannot be another explanation. I cannot understand why Mika's new album, which was on the whole, well-rated by UK critics, is not purchased nor played by radios.

As for the other songs, "Skyfall" is played in France too but I don't like it that much. And Gangnam Style is atrocious.

Celebrate is played every four hours in Radio Cidade here...

And since the beginning of the month they started playing Tool too...

Which isn't bad as it is the most played radio in town (for young people) and they simply ignored his second album 3 years ago...:dunno:

Mika has done more promo in the UK over the last week or two than he has for ages...and possibly had more exposure than he did for TBWKTM. It isnt just Radio 1 though that ignore him....................up here most people listen to West FM/Westsound..........and they virtually ignored TBWKTM and seem to be doing the same with TOOL. It is so infruiating.

Same down here, Heart FM haven't played it when I've listened.

I would have thought that he would have gone to be interviewed there, as well as Capital and Absolute radio, being the big 3 independants down this end of the UK, but he hasn't.

I'm surprised mostly because Capital radio in London have supported him in the past!

In the iTunes list MIKA is # 1 in America but not in the UK and # 10 in France , but I thought MIKA was better known in france and the UK much better than America :blink: That was shocking to me , And since I live in America * brags about it in school :naughty: *

Also ( I forgot who pointed it out , Sorry ) is right how " MIKA did not let the UK down , but the UK let MIKA down :sneaky2: ( Thank you to whoever bought the album in the UK :flowers2: )

Our main goal right now is to put MIKA in one of the top 10 spots in the UK :biggrin2: