• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@krjsantos I was also thinking of Lady Gaga when I was referring to recent examples of using pop art in music videos.. :)

:wink2:

Recently I saw a beautiful video of the Regina Spektor (song How) music & poetry visually linked :wub2:

My daughter studies in an English college in Spain. So, today she said that their teacher (who usually reads lessons with music) was showing them several times Underwater video!!!! Just while classes! I was totally stunned :kachinga:

BTW my daughter and my husband are totally crazy about this vid.

Your little story made me smile today!

My mom just saw the video on tv and there was lyrics as subscription too , she really liked the song and she started singing along with it!! but she found the video "cheap" xD and she said why he made a fake sea with blue plastic bags ( :lmfao::aah:) for a very beautiful song's music video? I kinda agree :mf_rosetinted:

Today I watched video with my friends and they said that Mika reaped of 3 song to make Underwater :blink:

At the beginning they said it sounds like Adele and after that he took from Robbie Williams and when he starts to sing chorus they heard Sonic :blink: ... How is that possible... But they loved video :thumb_yello:

Today I watched video with my friends and they said that Mika reaped of 3 song to make Underwater :blink:

At the beginning they said it sounds like Adele and after that he took from Robbie Williams and when he starts to sing chorus they heard Sonic :blink: ... How is that possible... But they loved video :thumb_yello:

Have you seen all these comments below the video? :shocked: There's an argue about gangnam guy, and a lot of bad words about Mika. I'm really disappointed. This song didn't deserve such bad words.

Have you seen all these comments below the video? :shocked: There's an argue about gangnam guy, and a lot of bad words about Mika. I'm really disappointed. This song didn't deserve such bad words.

crazy world, no respect actually :sneaky2: unfortunately :aah:

I've just shown the video to my seven year old, who loves this song. I was explaining (as best I could) the symbolism in the video as it went along and at the end I explained that he'd drowned because the merpeople stole the love that was enabling him to breathe under water. She got quite upset at that and said "I hope I never end up under water with merpeople like that!"

I tried hard not to laugh and had to explain to her that they were just acting. I ended up by saying that the video was just an artistic way of representing the concept. I asked her what she thought of it and she said "Well then, I don't like the concept!" :teehee:

I had to laugh then. Out of the mouths of babes...

As for the video overall, she liked it. Up until the moment Mika was left to "drown". Which means she pretty much liked the whole thing, even if she didn't really get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Behind the scenes of Underwater

JETSET magazine.net

Rencontre avec Mika à l'occasion du tournage de son nouveau clip underwater

Interview with Mika at the filming of his new video underwater

http://www.jetsetmagazine.net/jetset,mag/rencontre-avec-mika-a-loccasion-du-tournage-de-son-nouveau-clip-underwater.16.1983.html Published on 25/12/2012

Downloaded by Marina :flowers2: Grazie mille !!

[YOUTUBE]Lo8XUa0s4yQ[/YOUTUBE]

Crazyaboutmika's translation. Merci Anne ! :huglove:

"I'm escaping from the end of the world Armageddon (it is the end of the world) and in my bag I have the last light of the planet , the last light in the universe because there is no more sun, there's nothing at all left.

Each time I release something on internet , people who check it out the faster are usually Americans as well as on my facebook page , many users are from the United States although I'm not main stream in America, only on internet so we set up a small tour of five dates to see what was going to happen in the USA and and 52 seconds after they were online all the tickets were bought."

Edited by Kumazzz
add the better translation

Thanks for posting :huglove:

Here a little traduction of the video :thumb_yello: (and sorry in advance for my english mistakes :aah:)

Journalist :

Friends of Jetset, welcome with Tunisiana live from Hollywood and today news from Hollywood are about music ! We will take you on the shooting of a video clip, from a lebanese singer called Mika ! Mika has choosen Los Angeles to shoot the video clip of his new album which single is called "Underwater".

Mika :

I'm escaping from a world, an armageddon it's the end of the world and in my bag i have the last light of the planet, the last light of the universe because there is no more sun, there is nothing.

Journalist :

It's not the first time that Mika comes to Los Angeles, he has recorded other albums here in the studios of L.A and his third album "The origin of love" has been written and recorded is the city of angels. The album has immediately found his public by being number 1 in the states without being played on the american radio.

Mika :

Each time i realease something on the Internet, we can see each time that it's in first the USA where people see the most my clips and for example most of my facebook users are from USA. I'm not commercial at all here, it's only on internet and so we organized this little 5 dates tour it was really to see what it was going to happen here and in 52 seconds every tickets were sold.

Journalist :

There's not only the video clip, Mika has at the same time, done a little tour in the USA which has a lot of success and he's planning to do a new tour in the USA and a show in New York or Los Angeles on New Year's Eve. (:blink:)

Edited by lyli21

Here a little traduction of the video :thumb_yello: (and sorry in advance for my english mistakes :aah:)

Journalist :

Friends of Jetset, welcome with Tunisiana live from Hollywood and today news from Hollywood are about music ! We will take you on the shooting of a video clip, from a lebanese singer called Mika ! Mika has choosen Los Angeles to shoot the video clip of his new album which single is called "Underwater".

Mika :

I'm escaping from a world, an armageddon it's the end of the world and in my bag i have the last light of the planet, the last light of the universe because there is no more sun, there is nothing.

Journalist :

It's not the first time that Mika comes to Los Angeles, he has recorded other albums here in the studios of L.A and his third album "The origin of love" has been written and recorded is the city of angels. The album has immediately found his public by being number 1 in the states without being played on the american radio.

Mika :

Each time i realease something on the Internet, we can see each time that it's in first the USA where people see the most my clips and for example most of my facebook users are from USA. I'm not commercial at all here, it's only on internet and so we organized this little 5 dates tour it was really to see what it was going to happen here and in 52 seconds every tickets were sold.

Journalist :

There's not only the video clip, Mika has at the same time, done a little tour in the USA which has a lot of success and he's planning to do a new tour in the USA and a show in New York or Los Angeles on New Year's Eve. (:blink:)

Thanks a lot Lily21 :huglove:

:loco:

But they loved the video :naughty::thumb_yello:

No one can resist Mika :wub2::wub2::wub2::wub2:

@mikasister I'm glad his video was shown at your daughter's school too :thumb_yello:

It is awesome :biggrin2:

Unbelievable :shocked::sneaky2:

We need to make sure those nasty comments are voted down!

Go Mika lovers :thumb_yello:

Journalist :

'There's not only the video clip,

Mika has at the same time,

done a little tour in the USA

which has a lot of success and

he's planning to do a new tour in the USA

and a show in New York or Los Angeles

on New Year's Eve.' (:blink:)

That would be NYE 2012 or 2013 ?

Edited by A. Clay

• 1 month later...
any comments about this video by Italian singer Marco Mengoni (previous spokesperson for Lozza before Mika and winner of Sanremo festival of this year)? :wink2:

watch it till the end :naughty:

i can't watch it from Canada... i'm not Italian enough :shun::naughty: