• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's addicted to texting but well... not surprising when you don't get to see your boyfriend everyday :( * I suppose it's likely to be like that*

Fake???

FAKE???

It's all real, didn't you hear the boy got a skin of a 200 yo old man to do this???:mf_rosetinted:

U Bad bad fan!:mikacool:

A fan who doesn't get a simple story like this at first doesn't deserve to be called a mikafan!

MODS:BAN HER!:mikacool::mikacool::mikacool:

:lmfao:

:tears: You're not nice with me wonka :tears: Please don't ban me mods, I swear it looks all real. :crybaby:

I couldn't focus on the story because I was laughing so much about Mika's making up with the boat. :mf_rosetinted:

Oh and by the way... I wouldn't have noticed the flaws in the lyrics if I hadn't read them here. So I'm not quite sure if someone who just watched the video once, would notice this flaws (like I missed them the first time I watched).

(But if they are very attentive, they would probably notice it anyway :teehee:)

i noticed them when i first watched it. :wink2: not the "bursting" instead of "flying" one, as other distracting things happen in the video in that moment. but the your/my one was just too obvious. but maybe that's just cause i love looking at mika's face most of the time, maybe the casual viewer doesn't. :teehee:

underwaterm.jpg

underwatero.jpg

Why does he look so vengeful and angry after looking at the bag of light/love?

I'll dramatize the concept and think that he's on a quest on his little boat to take revenge on the people who took his lover's life :naughty: Except he rocks his boat too hard and falls overboard lol

:tears: You're not nice with me wonka :tears: Please don't ban me mods, I swear it looks all real. :crybaby:

I couldn't focus on the story because I was laughing so much about Mika's making up with the boat. :mf_rosetinted:

She's done the same here and with LaraMay calling us "Bad Fans"

Ohh , Alie :hug:

i noticed them when i first watched it. :wink2: not the "bursting" instead of "flying" one, as other distracting things happen in the video in that moment. but the your/my one was just too obvious. but maybe that's just cause i love looking at mika's face most of the time, maybe the casual viewer doesn't. :teehee:

Yes, maybe that's why most of us do notice :teehee:

But you're right, if you watch it more closely (like I did, the second time :naughty:), then it's obvious.

I really like it. Arty enough- love the silk sea- without being uncommercial or incomprehensible. And he looks gorgeous!!!

Didn't notice the product placement- don't really care about labels and most clothes have some name or other on them. Thought the jacket/ cardi suited him. Could rather fancy some of the guys swimming round him too.

And I much MUCH prefer the song to TOOL. Though I like Celebrate and the vid

What to say...

On first wiewing I didn't like at all. Too unrealistic :The boat is way too small for Mika, he doesn't pull hard enough on the rope, the sea doesn't look so agitated. The closer shots are more realistic but the others are ridiculous. His acting is really bad.(he moves as if he was posing for a photo shooting ) The boat part is too long. The underwater part is better but kind of a cliché. I don't like the close shots on the man's chest.

I wondered what the FM initials stood for and why he was wearing a ragged baseball jacket. I didn't notice the "bursting" and "you" thing. I was so shocked that I didn't even try to figure out what the light ball was supposed to represent.

I just thought: what would you think if you had never heard of Mika? And my answer was: I'd say it is bad.

Then I read all your comments and had a second look. I tried to concentrate on the story. I saw it with different eyes: I found it sad, felt like helping him preventing the light ball from falling off the boat, liked the look on his face just before he fell. The unrealistic side seemed less important, I thought it was like in a dream where everything is blurred and weird ans slower.

That being said, I still wonder what non-Mika fans will think about it. I'm not quite sure if it will help selling or be counterproductive.

Sorry for my English.

underwatero.jpg

Why does he look so vengeful and angry after looking at the bag of light/love?

I'll dramatize the concept and think that he's on a quest on his little boat to take revenge on the people who took his lover's life :naughty: Except he rocks his boat too hard and falls overboard lol

For me he looks more like over-protective than angry... :wink2:

What to say...

On first wiewing I didn't like at all. Too unrealistic :The boat is way too small for Mika, he doesn't pull hard enough on the rope, the sea doesn't look so agitated. The closer shots are more realistic but the others are ridiculous. His acting is really bad.(he moves as if he was posing for a photo shooting ) The boat part is too long. The underwater part is better but kind of a cliché. I don't like the close shots on the man's chest.

I wondered what the FM initials stood for and why he was wearing a ragged baseball jacket. I didn't notice the "bursting" and "you" thing. I was so shocked that I didn't even try to figure out what the light ball was supposed to represent.

I just thought: what would you think if you had never heard of Mika? And my answer was: I'd say it is bad.

Then I read all your comments and had a second look. I tried to concentrate on the story. I saw it with different eyes: I found it sad, felt like helping him preventing the light ball from falling off the boat, liked the look on his face just before he fell. The unrealistic side seemed less important, I thought it was like in a dream where everything is blurred and weird ans slower.

That being said, I still wonder what non-Mika fans will think about it. I'm not quite sure if it will help selling or be counterproductive.

Sorry for my English.

We had the exact same feelings about the video !

Edited by Alie

I think it is one of his "last year at art school student" type of videos.

I feel like it was done in a rush, some of the shots didn't work, they didn't have time to shoot any more so had to cobble something together with what they'd got :dunno:

You wouldn't have to come up with interpretations of what the video means if it actually reflected the song.

I don't think the video will sell the song. And it will reinforce the camp image of Mika with non-fans.

...and, exactly the same blood red sky that I imagined more than a year! Some moments are so alike to the visuals that I had in my mind, that it makes me shiver, like I "recognized" it!

I hadn't expected that the song that is so important for me will have the video that not only won't disillusion me, but will appear more perfect than movies in my head!

I think it is one of his "last year at art school student" type of videos.

I feel like it was done in a rush, some of the shots didn't work, they didn't have time to shoot any more so had to cobble something together with what they'd got :dunno:

You wouldn't have to come up with interpretations of what the video means if it actually reflected the song.

I don't think the video will sell the song. And it will reinforce the camp image of Mika with non-fans.

I perfectly agree with you..

We all love his style of making music and the fact that he's particular, and the idea was really nice too but I didn't like at all how it was realized. I mean, the first time I saw it I was like.. "why?" :doh:

I liked only the underwater part, but as many of you said the boat part wasn't matching with the rhythm of the song. When he announced that he wanted to realease UW as the second single I was suspicious and with this video I'm sure that sadly he'll not get tons of fans (and will not sell a lot), at least here in Italy.

It's really a pity because he deserves more and Underwater is so special. But we know, most of people like commercial music with happy tunes, and special has to remain not for everyone :sad:

IMO he's got a choice between being properly camp or kind of a bit camp-ish- so he might as well make a decent job of it. If you want macho, you're watching the wrong artist.

My point that in RL he doesn't come across as camp, but on witnessing the overacting in this vid non-fans wouldn't believe it.

Celebrate was a much better executed video (let down by the song) as it showed the normal Mika. Really all he needs is the right song and to just look gorgeous.

My point that in RL he doesn't come across as camp, but on witnessing the overacting in this vid non-fans wouldn't believe it.

Celebrate was a much better executed video (let down by the song) as it showed the normal Mika. Really all he needs is the right song and to just look gorgeous.

i agree with all of this! :thumb_yello:

i was looking for screencaps earlier and omg couldn't stop giggling at the early boat part and his acting :aah: i still like the vid tho...maybe i should blank out the beginning and show my friends it from the actual 'underwater' :naughty:

Well I think, as far as the interpretation goes, the way random folks would see it, the bag of light is Mika's treasure. It could represent love, and probably does, for MikaFreaks, but for the ppl who are not so familiar with Mika as we are, it could just represent light, or something else valuable.

So even though the merpeople can breathe underwater, they want that love, or that light, whatever the object represents. They are jealous that Mika has it, and are willing to pretend to love him in order to steal it. So Mika begins to trust these people and isn't holding on hard enough to his lifeline, as he was before, so they take it from him and he dies.

Having watched it again, I think the uw sequence does save the video, and after that, watching it again, knowing more of what to expect, I think you do see the contrast between the "Fake" above water scenes, and the "Real" Underwater world.

Maybe that was what Mika was trying to convey, that the world above the water isn't a real place anymore. Because he is, at heart, an artist, I imagine that was his idea. But whether the public will latch on to it, I can't predict really. We'll have to see.

I still say, if the water had looked more real, the boat scenes would have been better, and I also agree with others, that he should have fallen overboard at the first chorus.

I like your interpretation. Very good.

He does on TV shows etc- has done for quite a while now IMO. I agree that he looked way cooler in the Celebrate vid- but I'd say this was more like the real Mika