ok, let's call it Underwear then :mf_rosetinted:

Underwear Underwear

where is my Underwear

can you tell me where is my, where is my Underwear :roll1:

:sorry:

:shocked:

Robiiiii!!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

:naughty: so the underwear isn't peaceful anymore now? :lmfao:/[/url]

Of course it is, only not grey anymore, remember the blue satin cloth in the vid? :naughty:

Underwear

underwear

My peaceful underwear

It then used to be grey

Now momma made it

from blue satin leftovers

:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So,how do you find the video?

I only saw it once in the office and my first impression was that the beginning was rather awkward and the end quite ok. :teehee:

I'll watch it over the weekend again and let you know what I think. I doubt my opinion will change radically but I may be able to tell you what made me feel that way.

I only saw it once in the office and my first impression was that the beginning was rather awkward and the end quite ok. :teehee:

I'll watch it over the weekend again and let you know what I think. I doubt my opinion will change radically but I may be able to tell you what made me feel that way.

I'll wait for your arguments,I've been watched it for several times by now,and my feelings are the same as yours :teehee:

And Deb I'm afraid one forfeits their "art card" as soon as they taint it with product placement. You can't have it both ways.

Well, I have to admit that was the one thing that perplexed me. Someone else said they didn't recognize the F&M brand -- I'd never heard of it either, until Mika was in Milan several weeks ago and they did some stuff with him. So as soon as I saw it, and the camera rather lingered on it at one point, I was like :blink: But I guess I'm pretty forgiving -- I could overlook it in the end.

I also wanted to mention that ysa has strung together all the short clips from Maxi on Vimeo -- right side up! -- if anyone wants to have a look at them:

http://t.co/MFSb8JRN

OMG I showed the videoclip to my brother and he likes it !!!! :naughty: For him it's a mix of Pirates of the Carribeans and Harry Potter for the ambiance. :aah: I don't know where he can see that but doesn't matter, he likes it !!

I really don't like the but where the camera is panning to all the different people under the water. It's so fake and to be honest it kinda lets down the video. It would've been better of they used no special camera effects.

I´m still not a big fan of this song. It´s a good one, yes, but not the best of the album, and in my opinion, not a single at all.

While he is struggling, he overacts TOO MUCH. The boat is barely moving and he seems he is almost dying :aah:

A simple vid like Celebrate would have done the trick better.

YES HE IS INDEED OVER acting.....jeez i don't want to say this, cos of course this is mika, and i should support him as a fan, but i think the vid is too exaggerated when he does that....and hell yeah wtf with the franklin and marshall??? well i guess they just need the budget to hire the aquarium and wetsuits.....and i just like the underwater part, but sadly i don't understand the use of the ball of light.....

I really don't like the but where the camera is panning to all the different people under the water. It's so fake and to be honest it kinda lets down the video. It would've been better of they used no special camera effects.

That's exactly what bothers me the most, too. When I saw it for the first time I literally LOL'd. It just makes the whole scene look so cheap and amateur-like. And even though the video is mostly very pleasing to the eye certain parts of it just ruin it for me because they either make me :doh: or :roftl: .

I should've just been sceptical like Christine and I wouldn't have ended up being disappointed. :naughty:

Well, I have to admit that was the one thing that perplexed me. Someone else said they didn't recognize the F&M brand -- I'd never heard of it either, until Mika was in Milan several weeks ago and they did some stuff with him. So as soon as I saw it, and the camera rather lingered on it at one point, I was like :blink: But I guess I'm pretty forgiving -- I could overlook it in the end.

I also wanted to mention that ysa has strung together all the short clips from Maxi on Vimeo -- right side up! -- if anyone wants to have a look at them:

http://t.co/MFSb8JRN

oh it's actually quite interesting to see how the waves were made.

Thanks for doing this ysa and of course Maxi :blush-anim-cl:

I'll wait for your arguments,I've been watched it for several times by now,and my feelings are the same as yours :teehee:

Ok, I must admit I didn’t find the time to re-watch it over the weekend, either, so I have just done it now. :teehee:

In summary, I find that the video is not in harmony with the lyrics and the music of the song and the technical aspect ( acting and eding) of it is rather weak as well.

In fact, it pretty much destroys the song to me, especially the beginning, in which the more ’universal’ feel to a beautiful song is overshadowed by some awkward pantomime. It’s not that I don’t like panto style videos. They are perfect to tell stories, so a similar approach would have been wonderful for Toy Boy, for example. In songs where there are feelings you want to show or evoke this melodramatic theatre just does not work, especially when combined with such amateur acting, I am sorry. :no:.

Whilst the song starts with movement and emotions: picturing a landslide and leaving the troubled world behind by sailing away on a ship, in the video you can see a non-moving, fake boat and someone posing. :blink: In the song the piano does a perfect job in evoking the waves when you listen but when you watch , all you can see is a chandelier on a boat and wave simulation as sophisticated as you’d expect from any high-school theatre performance... :doh:

The underwater part is quite ok and correstponds with the song more in a way that it lacks the fakeness of the first part, especially in colours and movements. However, I can’t see the clear contrast vs the first part and even the story with the mermaids attacking him and one of them taking away his love in the end looks a bit odd. I mean, he is free to come up with any story to have some mermaids dance in his video but to me the song’s meaning is that he escapes from the cruel outside world by submerging into the serene underwater with his lover, whilst in the video he falls into the sea accidentally only to find out that he can actually survive there with his life support bottle (i.e.lover). He even literally takes a long breath under the water to show he can breathe. :aah:

To me the video’s biggest fault is that it attaches a story to a song that is about emotions. In theatre it would be ok but not in a music video and not with these techniques. There are so many tools in cinematography that he could have used, helped by the right professionals.

As for this video being a good promotional tool I’m not sure, either. His curly hair is on display a lot – clearly an important factor for women in many diffrent age groups – but I can’t see its appeal to a mainstream adult audience, an appeal the song itself does have, in my opinion. So I view it as an opportunity missed in that respect and as far as I am concerned, I’d rather just listen to the song and imagine my own visuals to it.