Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

I also think he doesn't care if we have to stand around for 12 hours if it means a standing gig instead of a seated one because he prefers the vibe of standing gigs. If I recall even at the Bell Centre people had to queue if they wanted to be at the front. (Maybe Guy knows for sure, I wasn't there.)

in Jan. 2008 at Bell Centre, we were 12000 fans present. there was seated tickets (most of them) & standing floor tickets (about 600 or so :dunno:) enough to fill the hockey ice rink.

i bought floor tickets, which means i had to queue. i arrived around 16h00, there was about 25/30 people in front of me (maybe 10 MFCers) The queue got quite large by 18h00, but very relax.. people would say "excuse me, my friends are up front" & people would let them through.

They let us in around 19h30 i think, 15 people in at a time, so it wasn't a mad rush to get to the front of the stage. I ended up 2nd row, between center stage & Martin.

it was 2C, which was amazing, considering it was in January, THE coldest month of the year.

No one from TM ever came out. (at the time it was John) it all went well just the same.

I don't think arriving at 16h00 would get me 2nd row anymore... :naughty:

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in Jan. 2008 at Bell Centre, we were 12000 fans present. there was seated tickets (most of them) & standing floor tickets (about 600 or so :dunno:) enough to fill the hockey ice rink.

i bought floor tickets, which means i had to queue. i arrived around 16h00, there was about 25/30 people in front of me (maybe 10 MFCers) The queue got quite large by 18h00, but very relax.. people would say "excuse me, my friends are up front" & people would let them through.

They let us in around 19h30 i think, 15 people in at a time, so it wasn't a mad rush to get to the front of the stage. I ended up 2nd row, between center stage & Martin.

it was 2C, which was amazing, considering it was in January, THE coldest month of the year.

No one from TM ever came out. (at the time it was John) it all went well just the same.

I don't think arriving at 16h00 would get me 2nd row anymore... :naughty:

No you would probably be first:wink2:

I guess I will never understand that part (the waiting for hours)

If the venue is standing you have to stand for hours no matter what. The doors open 4 hours before the show is over so that is the minimum amount of time anyone has to stand if they want to be in the first few rows. It's all unnecessary torture IMO. Now it is becoming standard to have standing places near the stage even in these Bell Centre setups like Guy mentioned. If you want to sit down you will be miles away.

I don't know why they didn't leave it the way it was in the 80s. Ticketed seats and then once the lights go down you can run up to the front. It was the best of both worlds.

If the venue is standing you have to stand for hours no matter what. The doors open 4 hours before the show is over so that is the minimum amount of time anyone has to stand if they want to be in the first few rows. It's all unnecessary torture IMO. Now it is becoming standard to have standing places near the stage even in these Bell Centre setups like Guy mentioned. If you want to sit down you will be miles away.

I don't know why they didn't leave it the way it was in the 80s. Ticketed seats and then once the lights go down you can run up to the front. It was the best of both worlds.

I like the sound of that.

I didn't know where to post it but the Pinkpop festival (Netherlands) is asking for our tips to know who we want to see there. It may be a nice way to get Mika at this festival :thumb_yello:

You know what to do :teehee:

http://www.pinkpop.nl/goudentip/

PS: HURRY! It's ending on the 31st Dec !! :>

You can fill in three tips, so my tips were MIKA, Mika and mika. :aah::naughty:

I didn't know where to post it but the Pinkpop festival (Netherlands) is asking for our tips to know who we want to see there. It may be a nice way to get Mika at this festival :thumb_yello:

You can fill in three tips, so my tips were MIKA, Mika and mika. :aah::naughty:

Haha :thumb_yello:

That'd be awesome if he could come :D

I think the festival is RIGHT AFTER my exams :wub2:

Oh pleeeease, Mika... :aah:

Done!

Thanks for tipping us off about this :thumb_yello:

Was it THAT baaad ? :naughty:

I had to stand through Kate Nash ruining my ear drums, then had to fight with emo girls, when I thought all was done, I had to fight with Mika fans who tried to push their asses in front of me, while it was raining. Mika was good though, but apart from that, it was horrible.:mf_rosetinted:

You can spot me in the crowd looking like a drowned kitten and not giving a flying f*ck anymore at about 1.00:mf_rosetinted:

Most shows at Bell center are seated even in front rows...

Most shows at Bell center are seated even in front rows...

It used to be that way at Air Canada Centre but not anymore for young acts like Gaga, etc. It is still seated for older audiences like The Police or Michael Buble but then security harasses you if you move even 6" from your seat.

Anyway I think Mika will always choose standing if he can. :thumbdown:

It used to be that way at Air Canada Centre but not anymore for young acts like Gaga, etc. It is still seated for older audiences like The Police or Michael Buble but then security harasses you if you move even 6" from your seat.

Anyway I think Mika will always choose standing if he can. :thumbdown:

Only future will tell *starts Star Trek theme*:naughty:

Only future will tell *starts Star Trek theme*:naughty:

Yes only the future will tell if he's coming here at all because it's not like you can take his word for anything when it comes to touring I'm afraid. He was running around Europe in late 2009 saying he was going to do a week at Radio City Music Hall. i saw him in Feb 2010 and asked if it was happening or what and he said. "Well I would like to do it."

:naughty:

I had to stand through Kate Nash ruining my ear drums, then had to fight with emo girls, when I thought all was done, I had to fight with Mika fans who tried to push their asses in front of me, while it was raining. Mika was good though, but apart from that, it was horrible.:mf_rosetinted:

You can spot me in the crowd looking like a drowned kitten and not giving a flying f*ck anymore at about 1.00:mf_rosetinted:

Slash, really ? :shocked:

They could have chosen artists that matched together :aah:

Anyway I think Mika will always choose standing if he can.

Yes, that's what happened in Brussels ^^ Most people had NEVER seen this venue with a standing area. But... personnally, I don't like seating gigs :'/ You haven't got enough space to dance :sneaky2:

The 'old days' system sounds great to me :fisch:

(Go to your seat & run to the front as soon as they turn the lights off)

That's what happened in Roubaix :naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

Mika in Istambul March 17? I don't undersand a word but this was on twittter

Pozitif Müzik ‏@pozitifinfo

Mika, İstanbullu hayranları ile 17 Mart Pazar akşamı Küçükçiftlik Park’ta buluşmaya hazırlanıyor!

… @mikasounds

Mika, İstanbullu hayranları ile 17 Mart Pazar akşamı Küçükçiftlik Park’ta buluşmaya hazırlanıyor!

… @mikasounds

here's what google translate says:

Mika, in Istanbul on Sunday evening,

March 17 Küçükçiftlik Park is preparing to

meet with fans!

does the yt video help in any way? i can't watch it in germany. :sneaky2:

meet with fans!

Google Tradutor, always helping... or not...

:mikacool:

Lucky Turkey!

:mikadas:

meet with fans!

It's Underwater vid :wink2:

… @mikasounds

Their facebook : https://www.facebook.com/events/536128669745343/