Tour Rumours - 2013!

dcdeb

On Mika's facebook, they've just posted that the gig in Rouen will be on June 14th :wink2:

MAY

19 - Papillons de Nuit Festival, St Laurent de Cuves, France

JUNE

14 - La Grande Armada, Rouen, France

15 - Aluna Festival, Ardeche, France

30 - Garorock Festival, Marmande, France

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Mika's facebook, they've just posted that the gig in Rouen will be on June 14th :wink2:

MAY

19 - Papillons de Nuit Festival, St Laurent de Cuves, France

JUNE

14 - La Grande Armada, Rouen, France

15 - Aluna Festival, Ardeche, France

30 - Garorock Festival, Marmande, France

Thanks Minnie :thumb_yello:

So... according to NRJ Strasbourg, Mika spoke to their news guy this morning. I was listening, but I never heard him :( But this is what they have posted on their Facebook page:

Mika est l'invité des flashs infos ce matin à 6h30 7h30 et 8h30 ! Après une grande tournée, le chanteur va prendre du recul. Il assurera encore quelques festivals et notamment la première partie de David Guetta à Marseille le 13 juin. Vous aimez Mika ?

Mika is the guest of the Flash Info this morning at 6:30 7:30 and 8:30! After an extensive tour, the singer will take a step back. He will still do some festivals, including the first part of one with David Guetta in Marseille on 13 June. Do you like Mika? (Translated by Bing)

https://www.facebook.com/nrjstrasbourg

:sad:

So... according to NRJ Strasbourg, Mika spoke to their news guy this morning. I was listening, but I never heard him :( But this is what they have posted on their Facebook page:

Mika est l'invité des flashs infos ce matin à 6h30 7h30 et 8h30 ! Après une grande tournée, le chanteur va prendre du recul. Il assurera encore quelques festivals et notamment la première partie de David Guetta à Marseille le 13 juin. Vous aimez Mika ?

Mika is the guest of the Flash Info this morning at 6:30 7:30 and 8:30! After an extensive tour, the singer will take a step back. He will still do some festivals, including the first part of one with David Guetta in Marseille on 13 June. Do you like Mika? (Translated by Bing)

:crybaby:

We can hear the interview somewhere?

A step back from touring?

I hope not a step back from writing and recording.

:tears:

t4p! but this festival with David Guetta it isn't on 23 June? now I'm lost :blink:

It's been pretty obvious for months that he was going into an "off year" mode in 2013 and all the festival dates starting so early in the year confirmed it so this is no surprise. It would be nice if he would just be direct and clear about his plans for a change.

I'm sure he has maaaaany plans. They just don't include touring. :naughty:

I still hope that he write something official and at least explain a little bit what he has in mind... I know, I'm the only stupid who waiting for news from him....

I read the rumours too and frankly I'm not surprised at all. He didn't seem so happy lately and I think he needs to do this to regenerate and think about the way he want to go in the future. I'm glad he decided this and I hope he'll find his piece of mind. Meanwhile I will enjoy this year's festivals with Mika and enjoy the Origin Of Love figuratively and litterally. Besides he isn't gone he's only taking a break :wink2:

I read the rumours too and frankly I'm not surprised at all. He didn't seem so happy lately and I think he needs to do this to regenerate and think about the way he want to go in the future. I'm glad he decided this and I hope he'll find his piece of mind. Meanwhile I will enjoy this year's festivals with Mika and enjoy the Origin Of Love figuratively and litterally. Besides he isn't gone he's only taking a break :wink2:

"He didn't seem so happy"? How and where did you notice? I may not be such an observant fan as some others, so please enlighten me.

"He didn't seem so happy"? How and where did you notice? I may not be such an observant fan as some others, so please enlighten me.

I saw him just few seconds of my life so don't know he's really happy or not, but whenever I see old Mika pics and TV appearances, he looks more energetic and happy at that time .........

Like Yuna said and if you look into his eyes during an interview or on television or even in pictures you see he doesn't have the 'spark' he used to have. :blink:

Like Yuna said and if you look into his eyes during an interview or on television or even in pictures you see he doesn't have the 'spark' he used to have. :blink:

I saw him on several shows ànd live when he was at Paul de Leeuw and I definitly saw a spark. No wait: multiple sparks, he was having great fun!

I saw him on several shows ànd live when he was at Paul de Leeuw and I definitly saw a spark. No wait: multiple sparks, he was having great fun!

Of course I saw it too but there were other events he wasn't his happy self e.g. La Voz in Spain. This is only my opinion. :thumb_yello:

I don't think he seems unhappy at all. But I think if you compare his life when he was 23 to now he is living more of it "offline". His performances are way more energetic than they were in the very beginning but they are fewer and farther between. This so-called "extensive tour" was barely 6 or 7 weeks compared to 2007 where he barely had 6 or 7 weeks off and even that break was only because he was so ill.

I would think he was probably deriving a lot of his happiness in the early days from the public facing parts of his career because it was all new and exciting and he was achieving enormous success and probably too busy to focus on much else. But he took a very looong break from all that after mid 2010 and I imagine his personal life and other professional projects have a much higher priority than they did when he first started out.

I'm sure he has maaaaany plans. They just don't include touring. :naughty:

Just as simple as that! :blush-anim-cl: Do you remember what I wrote in January? MIKA might need new challanges now :wub2: He has been making music - and been on tour constantly since 2006 - I'm really not surprised if he needs a break from it all :wink2: I even think it will be very wise - and good for him :wub2::thumb_yello: But we all will miss him badly, golden boy :mikalove:

Love,love

MB

Just as simple as that! :blush-anim-cl: Do you remember what I wrote in January? MIKA might need new challanges now :wub2: He has been making music - and been on tour constantly since 2006 - I'm really not surprised if he needs a break from it all :wink2: I even think it will be very wise - and good for him :wub2::thumb_yello: But we all will miss him badly, golden boy :mikalove:

Love,love

MB

He hasn't been on tour constantly since 2006 though. That's just a story he tells. :aah:

But I agree he probably wants to do other things now. I think it's almost unfortunate that he was so successful from before LICM was even released. Unfortunately the only direction to go from the top is down. :aah: