dcdeb

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he really need to play EVERY festival in France? :naughty:

Maybe he needs the money :mf_rosetinted::lmfao:

I already said it on Twitter, he would be very stupid to say " No " to offers from France and I´m sure he wouldn´t say " No " to invitations of any other European festival but he seems not to get them. It´s his job and his money and he should take every chance he gets. Who knows if he can go there the next years?

For example we asked the Schaffhausen festival to invite him again and they answered us that they don´t want him because it would be boring to have him again after only two years. I tried to ask a German festival but it´s impossible to contact them.

Aww grumpy cat, I love you!

And I love your cat! :wub2:

For example we asked the Schaffhausen festival to invite him again and they answered us that they don´t want him because it would be boring to have him again after only two years. I tried to ask a German festival but it´s impossible to contact them.

Mika boring? :doh: They even saw a Mika gig ever?? :aah:

And I love your cat! :wub2:

Mika boring? :doh: They even saw a Mika gig ever?? :aah:

Yes, he was there instead of Amy Winehouse 2010 and they said he was good but it would be boring to have him back after two years.

Yup. If he get some good offers, he should grab it. :mf_rosetinted:

The problem is, most of offers are from France...

yes, but should he say " No " and sit at home with his hands on his lap waiting for offers which won´t come instead of making money?

Let´s try to get the festivals near you to invite him for 2014!!! That´s the only possibility .....

I try but noone is interested :no: and 2014 is so far, I want to see him this year, Im trying Marseille this year but with some troubles :aah:

yes, but should he say " No " and sit at home with his hands on his lap waiting for offers which won´t come instead of making money?

He could tour and set his own schedule. I hate these festivals but I guess everyone is relying on them for easy income now.

He could tour and set his own schedule. I hate these festivals but I guess everyone is relying on them for easy income now.

Yes, but in these festivals, he's paid... when he tours he must pay the venue and pray that he'll make some profits...

Yes, but in these festivals, he's paid... when he tours he must pay the venue and pray that he'll make some profits...

At festivals he has to pay the band the crew, transport and hotels. So same thing really.

At festivals he has to pay the band the crew, transport and hotels. So same thing really.

but it´s much cheaper as he doesn´t need to bring his stage with him, only a bit of decoration, so he doesn´t have to pay many stage worker and so on.....

but it´s much cheaper as he doesn´t need to bring his stage with him, only a bit of decoration, so he doesn´t have to pay many stage worker and so on.....

Let's face it, he's only doing "intimate" touring in America because it is cheap :naughty:

Maybe he should hire his fans to do all of this stagework for him for free, I'm sure we wouldn't mind :D Not counting the ones of us with bad backs hehe

we're not professionals nor experienced workers so we can do just very limited and easy things though :naughty:

we're not professionals nor experienced workers so we can do just very limited and easy things though :naughty:

I know how to set up a drum kit, I had one of my own for a while:wink2:

I know how to set up a drum kit, I had one of my own for a while:wink2:

ok you do it ... I will never ever go near the instruments..if I do so... that will be a disaster :mf_rosetinted:

Instead i can set up some flowers on the stage.. :teehee: or clean the stage:mf_rosetinted:

Well some of us have some experience :D I've got some from my band days, we used to help out the crew to set most of the stuff up, but it wasn't as fun as being on stage :)

Tours are usually backed by promoters, and the lack of promoters backing him is the reason why there is no massive tour. Or at least that's what I think.

Tours are usually backed by promoters, and the lack of promoters backing him is the reason why there is no massive tour. Or at least that's what I think.

Aren't promoters more or less hired rather than the "backer"? :dunno:

I think that must be the case for most of this North American tour because as far as I know the only promoter for many of these shows are Live Nation/Ticketmaster. They send out a couple of emails to their millions of members and the shows are sold out in 5 minutes. I was getting all kinds of notices before the Toronto show from them and a Live Nation presale was arranged. But now the tickets are gone and they don't even have to include him on their list of upcoming events. Their job is done.

I guess there are far more complicated arrangements than that with multiple sponsors/promoters for a large arena tour and honestly I don't know how these things work. But I would have thought Mika is incurring more of the financial risks than the promoters.

Aren't promoters more or less hired rather than the "backer"? :dunno:

I think that must be the case for most of this North American tour because as far as I know the only promoter for many of these shows are Live Nation/Ticketmaster. They send out a couple of emails to their millions of members and the shows are sold out in 5 minutes. I was getting all kinds of notices before the Toronto show from them and a Live Nation presale was arranged. But now the tickets are gone and they don't even have to include him on their list of upcoming events. Their job is done.

I guess there are far more complicated arrangements than that with multiple sponsors/promoters for a large arena tour and honestly I don't know how these things work. But I would have thought Mika is incurring more of the financial risks than the promoters.

As far as I know are the " promoters " in Europe the ones who organize the tours, rent the venues pay for everything and have to take the risk when the tour doesn´t sell. The promoters have to invite the artists to tour in their countries. We have a few of them in Germany. That´s the reason why we shouldn´t spam Mika with our wishes him to come to...... we all should spam the promoters of our countries!