Mika at Peugeot Private Concert in Paris - 3 December 2012

dcdeb

Peugeot upload 2 pics on their facebook.

154415_567129233313129_2108029999_n.jpg

65134_567169206642465_1231539404_n.jpg

Wow... That's wonderful :wub2:

From twitter:

@pandora217 Don't worry, the video is coming soon!

5 december 12 om 9:49 [/color]

Can't wait !!! :fisch:

Well, I just wanted to say that's very interesting to read all your point of view, guys, and to read how you feel to support Mika in other countries, and how the situation is. I so love the MFC for that.

To be honest, I really didn't think the sellings were "that" bad :blink: Can we found some numbers of the sellings of TOOL, since september ?

We are so lucky he is doing quite well in France, that I didn't think it was that difficult abroad. France still really loves him. Everybody finds him nice, clever and charming. And I assume the fact he loves France so much is explaining a part of that success here. Proof with "Elle me dit" which was a huge hit last year. And his last tour was sold out. :thumb_yello:

But, I am quite surprised that the album doesn't have more sellings in France. The reviews were very good, and he made quite a lot of promo in september. Certainly, he received a prize "Disc of Platinium" because he already sold 100.000 copies in France but I saw TOOL isn't in the Top 50 anymore since last week, whereas TBWKTM was still in the top 25 in 2009 after the same number of weeks... Hope he will sell at least as much copies of TOOL than TBWKTM...

I really hope Underwater, which is the new single in France, will help to increase the sellings ! Well, they start to play it on radios, so that's a good start ! :thumb_yello:

Rose, when you talk about the single which isn't really out, you want to say that you can't buy it physically ? Cause for Underwater, it's the same here, we only can buy it in digital...

Well, I just wanted to say that's very interesting to read all your point of view, guys, and to read how you feel to support Mika in other countries, and how the situation is. I so love the MFC for that.

To be honest, I really didn't think the sellings were "that" bad :blink: Can we found some numbers of the sellings of TOOL, since september ?

We are so lucky he is doing quite well in France, that I didn't think it was that difficult abroad. France still really loves him. Everybody finds him nice, clever and charming. And I assume the fact he loves France so much is explaining a part of that success here. Proof with "Elle me dit" which was a huge hit last year. And his last tour was sold out. :thumb_yello:

But, I am quite surprised that the album doesn't have more sellings in France. The reviews were very good, and he made quite a lot of promo in september. Certainly, he received a prize "Disc of Platinium" because he already sold 100.000 copies in France but I saw TOOL isn't in the Top 50 anymore since last week, whereas TBWKTM was still in the top 25 in 2009 after the same number of weeks... Hope he will sell at least as much copies of TOOL than TBWKTM...

I really hope Underwater, which is the new single in France, will help to increase the sellings ! Well, they start to play it on radios, so that's a good start ! :thumb_yello:

Rose, when you talk about the single which isn't really out, you want to say that you can't buy it physically ? Cause for Underwater, it's the same here, we only can buy it in digital...

I can't find a link for it in any format, apart from the one from the album itself. There is no mention of it anywhere of it being only on digital, just that it is released.

BTW ... I'm happy he did this gig ... it's the perfect way for people that do not know him yet to get to know him and to see how good he is: in a great venue accompanied by a professional choir behind a piano (even if it's an ugly piano :aah:)? Don't we all want to see that? :wub2:

I would definitely LOVE to see a gig like this: Mika, piano, a choir :wub2: He seems to do these private/corporate gigs regularly and I'm glad about it, this part of his job probably pays well and this time the venue was special etc. I hope he enjoyed it.

Yes, I agree that he is capable of doing his own decisions about his career. He must know he takes some risks (it's totally his style) and surely he is aware or the situation. Personally I'm just disappointed to see how the UK music industry works/doesn't work. And I think many details around releasing the album were done really well (his new image, a lot of filmed material, short films) and had so much more potential than they decided to use in the end.

A few UK gig coming, so hopefully still some possibilities to charm the UK media and show the London/Manchester/Glasgow audiences his best positive energy (fingers crossed he is well enough) :thumb_yello:

Edited by tiibet

Why? do you think that the audience from there were made from his friends? I don't think so,they are not even fans,maybe it was the first time for them seeing Mika on stage.And I'm sure they know now who Mika is,and this can't be bad for his career :naughty:

No, I don`t think so.))) "Private" doesn`t mean "personal" in my post. It just means "closed performance".

What I mean is - Mika takes part in all these secret \ private \ not-for-fans performances for any purposes (basically, financial) but building his career or album promotion. He knows what he`s doing:wink2:

Personally I don't think that the way Mika or someone else is taking care of his career is any of our business and it's not up to us to decide for him that his career is not going well and that we need to help him.

I totally agree with that. Obviously I have very strong opinions about this subject and I've been discussing it on MFC for years. But I am not going to discuss it with Mika. Even if anyone thinks it's their business I'm sure that he doesn't so you won't get a frank answer anyway.

I would advise anyone to be careful what they say to him. I was speaking to a member of the crew one day before a UK gig (someone who knows Mika well personally) and another fan came up and asked him why TBWKTM or the singles from the album weren't doing as well as LICM and he said "Ohhhh we don't talk about that." :no: In other words that it's not a welcome subject of discussion.

Mika is heading towards 30 now, he has enjoyed enormous financial success and he appears to have a lot of creative freedom and fulfillment. I can't help wishing that things had gone differently but they didn't and the situation is what it is. It's his career and if he wants our help he knows where to find us. It's not like he's ever been shy to ask in the past. :naughty:

No, I don`t think so.))) "Private" doesn`t mean "personal" in my post. It just means "closed performance".

What I mean is - Mika takes part in all these secret \ private \ not-for-fans performances for any purposes (basically, financial) but building his career or album promotion. He knows what he`s doing:wink2:

:thumb_yello: That was my impression as well,that he know what he's doing :wink2:

I tried to find sales figures for Canada or Quebec but couldn't.., All I was able to find was that Elle me dit, as a digital single, sold more than 50,000 copies (which is enough to be certified gold, but still hasn't been...:shocked:) and that his show at the Ballon festival brought a huge crowd. :thumb_yello:

I just wish we could see more of him soon:thumb_yello:

I would definitely LOVE to see a gig like this: Mika, piano, a choir :wub2: He seems to do these private/corporate gigs regularly and I'm glad about it, this part of his job probably pays well and this time the venue was special etc. I hope he enjoyed it.

Yes, I agree that he is capable of doing his own decisions about his career. He must know he takes some risks (it's totally his style) and surely he is aware or the situation. Personally I'm just disappointed to see how the UK music industry works/doesn't work. And I think many details around releasing the album were done really well (his new image, a lot of filmed material, short films) and had so much more potential they decided to use in the end.

A few UK gig coming, so hopefully still some possibilities to charm the UK media and show the London/Manchester/Glasgow audiences his best positive energy (fingers crossed he is well enough) :thumb_yello:

Could not have said it better. I think those private/corporate gigs are a very good way for him to get better known in market/audience that would not know about him...:thumb_yello:

I totally agree with that. Obviously I have very strong opinions about this subject and I've been discussing it on MFC for years. But I am not going to discuss it with Mika. Even if anyone thinks it's their business I'm sure that he doesn't so you won't get a frank answer anyway.

I would advise anyone to be careful what they say to him. I was speaking to a member of the crew one day before a UK gig (someone who knows Mika well personally) and another fan came up and asked him why TBWKTM or the singles from the album weren't doing as well as LICM and he said "Ohhhh we don't talk about that." :no: In other words that it's not a welcome subject of discussion.

Mika is heading towards 30 now, he has enjoyed enormous financial success and he appears to have a lot of creative freedom and fulfillment. I can't help wishing that things had gone differently but they didn't and the situation is what it is. It's his career and if he wants our help he knows where to find us. It's not like he's ever been shy to ask in the past. :naughty:

Very wise words :thumb_yello:

I tried to find sales figures for Canada or Quebec but couldn't.., All I was able to find was that Elle me dit, as a digital single, sold more than 50,000 copies (which is enough to be certified gold, but still hasn't been...:shocked:) and that his show at the Ballon festival brought a huge crowd. :thumb_yello:

I just wish we could see more of him soon:thumb_yello:

Did you notice that LICM went double platinum? I remember back in 2007/2008 it was single platinum but I only discovered recently that it had been certified double.

Did you notice that LICM went double platinum? I remember back in 2007/2008 it was single platinum but I only discovered recently that it had been certified double.

Yes I did. :thumb_yello:

I guess the person handling the necessary paper stuff to get it registered is a bit behind in his/her work:mf_rosetinted:

@to all reading - I hope no-one confuses people having their own opinion on what is happening to Mika's career and why it is happening vs 'telling him' what to do :rolls_eyes:

it makes me sad though, it's really unfair... celebrate wasn't mika's choice but the record company's. it was the wrong choice, and everyone except them knew it. :aah: .

Well, I wonder whose idea was to record it in that format with those lyrics and that mix though. It's not that this song was an unfortunate choice for a single but the fact that putting it on the record was a compromise - something I would have never imagined Mika to do.

grace kelly had a story, it was 100% mika..

yes, that is the key. Who is Mika and what style does he have? At least in Stardust he has his falsetto tastefully placed, adding his distinctness to the song. Even that dj on BBC radio (Dermot O'Leary) told him he thought Stardust would be a single and did not even remember Celebrate :doh:

if you don't have a story, you don't have a chance in the show..

this point I need to disagree. I think it is the song and the video that need to tell the story and not the artist in tv shows. I was discussing this with some Hungarian youngsters and they said that they and anyone they talked to were shocked by WAG - both sound and vision. It turned people away as his message of being proud to be different was buried in the chaotic sound and the lyrics seemingly addressing teenagers seemed to contradict the seemingly exhibitionist message of the video.

we have no idea what mika wants. and if he isn't interested in the success in a certain country (or only interested if it's really easy), then nothing we could do would help. :dunno:.

I don't think we can help but knowing what he wants is not that difficult, like you pointed it out. One only needs to listen. He keeps talking about performing to thousands or even millions of people, doing long promotional tours across continents and having fans everywhere...etc. In other words, that is the ideal level of success for him he is talking about in the press - despite the reality sometimes being slightly different. At least he is good at positioning himself and he most certainly should not dispair. Getting fame and attention in today's media noise is difficult, though not impossible. It just needs to be helped by professionals as the first attept with the curly haired cartoon Mika character though bringing overnight success, it did not last as people got bored and were never interested in the person behind, not even in the first place.

i know a bit about marketing, but not enough to be able to coordinate a worldwide campaign, having to decide which countries to work and which not, because there isn't enough time and/or money for all of them. i don't envy those people for their job, but somehow i hate how much it is simply business, numbers and figures and probably no thought about the people that are involved - mika and his fans.

It is not necessarily business. It is science. It would simply need to be researched why he is liked or rejected and build a strategy accordingly. It is narrow minded thinking that it would mean him having to compromise on anything. People with open minds are willing to change ways of presenting themselves if given the right feedback and he is in a business (oh, sorry, swear word for some, so correction: performace art) where perception is at least as important as performance: music and art is subjective but its consumption can be measured and described objectively.

There seems to be two levels, his dreams (large venues, big audiences) vs. his real plans and expectations for his life (a lot of freedom, working on many fields etc). I try to carefully read and listen to all the interviews and videos available but I'm still not always sure which one is more important for him (but he might have a vision to combine those two aspects though, maybe even willingness to compromise). I hope he won't start making music based on market research but I know I'm a bit narrow-minded with these things and I have no doubts he always wants to make good quality music any case. I would love to hear his own thought about this issue.

There seems to be two levels, his dreams (large venues, big audiences) vs. his real plans and expectations for his life (a lot of freedom, working on many fields etc). I try to carefully read and listen to all the interviews and videos available but I'm still not always sure which one is more important for him (but he might have a vision to combine those two aspects though, maybe even willingness to compromise). I hope he won't start making music based on market research but I know I'm a bit narrow-minded with these things and I have no doubts he always wants to make good quality music any case. I would love to hear his own thought about this issue.

I think you sum it up well :thumb_yello: we only need to listen to his interviews. MIKA always answers very good and explaining. I don't trust all the written interviews, but what we both see and hear from him, should be relieable :blush-anim-cl: Of course he has both grown, and changed in some ways, since we got to know him - back in 2007, that's normal. But still he is the extremely nice, clever, kind, charming and intelligent person we fell in love with. And I fully trust that he's able to take care of both his career and private life, in the best possible way. We really don't need to worry - only support him in the choices he makes...

Love,love

mb

VIDEO of this event is forthcoming !

Spotted on TWITTER ::

Lorrie Lee @Pandora217

@Kodes100 @peugeot @mikasounds -

'I would love to see a video instead of still pics.'

Peugeot @Peugeot

@pandora217

'Don't worry, the video is coming soon!'

Retweeted by Lorrie Lee

Edited by A. Clay

I've always thought that the very things which we love about Mika, are also the things that hold him back from the phenominal success he deserves.

He doesn't go onto reality TV. We may like that he doesn't do that, but keeps himself private, but Olly Murs had a show on itv2 where he was being followed around and now he's HUGE in the UK. Peter Andre and Jedward have also gone down that route and Peter Andre presents on TV. Olly Murs presents Xtra Factor, but Mika doesn't present anything on TV, even though he could do it.

He's done a New Year radio broadcast a few years ago, and started that radio podcast thing. All very good, but its not consistant, its just once-in-a-blue-moon. I think sometimes he begins something, but then loses interest, like with the art project with Sophie Blackall a few years ago.

I just hope he does something which will get into peoples' imagination. Even if its not what we would prefer him to do. But something that he really wants to do.

this point I need to disagree. I think it is the song and the video that need to tell the story and not the artist in tv shows. I was discussing this with some Hungarian youngsters and they said that they and anyone they talked to were shocked by WAG - both sound and vision. It turned people away as his message of being proud to be different was buried in the chaotic sound and the lyrics seemingly addressing teenagers seemed to contradict the seemingly exhibitionist message of the video.

maybe i got it across wrong - i wasn't talking about mika in that bit you quoted, but about german casting shows. :wink2: about the stories behind mika's songs, whether the music video tells it, or mika does it in interviews, i don't care. i just think that people might be able to relate more to his songs / to him if they knew the stories.

i remember that interview in fast forward magazine, he said he likes it that he can play in big venues, but also that he can come back to small venues, and that it's different in every country. so maybe he's just happy with being able to play bigger venues in france but doing smaller venues in the uk and germany, for example. :dunno:

small venues are fine with me, i don't need him to be a huge superstar everywhere... all i want is that he keeps coming to germany on his european tours, and maybe to more than 2 cities (compared to i-don't-know-how-many in france :aah:)... and i guess that's what the UK fans want for the UK as well. :wink2: it's not that we're asking for him to be famous enough to do arena shows in our countries, it's more the fear that he completely disappears from the music scene here, gets dropped by his local record company, and that we'll always have to travel to other countries to see him. not that i wouldn't travel to see him, but as you know yourself, it's just a different feeling if it's a gig in your own country. :wink2: and he used to do gigs in all the big cities in UK and germany, whereas now it's just 2 or 3... he said after the gig in munich that he'll come back when he's "invited" - meaning by the promotion agency, or record company or whatever... so that sounded to me like he'd like to do more gigs here, or more often, but he doesn't get the chance. and THAT is what bothers me and why i feel i have to do something to help him. if he says for example "i want to concentrate on the south american market and first tour there for a while before coming back to europe", fine. i'll miss him, but it's his decision. but if he says he'd love to come back soon but he doesn't know if/when he gets invited again, then my reaction is trying to look for ways how i can convince those in charge that they have to invite him again. :dunno:

I've always thought that the very things which we love about Mika, are also the things that hold him back from the phenominal success he deserves.

Yes, I think you are right here. Well whatever he decides to do in the future I'm sure he always keeps his own style and limits. I really can't see him doing anything that doesn't feel right thing to do :thumb_yello:

i remember that interview in fast forward magazine, he said he likes it that he can play in big venues, but also that he can come back to small venues, and that it's different in every country. so maybe he's just happy with being able to play bigger venues in france but doing smaller venues in the uk and germany, for example. :dunno:

I often think he is at his best at small/medium size venues. Not only because it's more intimate and makes it easier for us to be close to him but because a special and unique venue is like a part of the show, making the atmosphere more casual, fancier, theatrical etc. He obviously enjoys beautiful, historical buildings and stylish venues and talks about them during his shows and it gives a certain mood to the gig and it's always something different, isn't it. Bigger venues, like sport halls and arenas are easily quite impersonal or a bit boring (except some gorgeous French castles or parks, lol). Of course HE makes it always special :wub2: but I still personally prefer smaller venues for many reasons. I understand the financial aspect though, and big venues can offer a good possibility to design a huge theatrical show (and he loves it as we know :teehee:).

And thanks for the news, Alice! Can't wait to see some filmed material from this special gig :wub2:

Yes, I think you are right here. Well whatever he decides to do in the future I'm sure he always keeps his own style and limits. I really can't see him doing anything that doesn't feel right thing to do :thumb_yello:

I often think he is at his best at small/medium size venues. Not only because it's more intimate and makes it easier for us to be close to him but because a special and unique venue is like a part of the show, making the atmosphere more casual, fancier, theatrical etc. He obviously enjoys beautiful, historical buildings and stylish venues and talks about them during his shows and it gives a certain mood to the gig and it's always something different, isn't it. Bigger venues, like sport halls and arenas are easily quite impersonal or a bit boring (except some gorgeous French castles or parks, lol). Of course HE makes it always special :wub2: but I still personally prefer smaller venues for many reasons. I understand the financial aspect though, and big venues can offer a good possibility to design a huge theatrical show (and he loves it as we know :teehee:).

And thanks for the news, Alice! Can't wait to see some filmed material from this special gig :wub2:

Can't wait to see this concert!

As I have never seen him in small venues I can't talk, although my dream would be to see it one day.

But I disagree with you about bigger venues. When he did the Balloon thing this summer, the venue was setting up in a field. You could not get bigger, impersonal and plain. I've watched the last 4-5 songs of the show from behind (my dauhter was not so keen at the front row experience) and I saw the interaction he had with this huge crowd. It was very incredible to witness :wub2:

maybe i got it across wrong - i wasn't talking about mika in that bit you quoted, but about german casting shows. :wink2: about the stories behind mika's songs, whether the music video tells it, or mika does it in interviews, i don't care. i just think that people might be able to relate more to his songs / to him if they knew the stories.

small venues are fine with me, i don't need him to be a huge superstar everywhere... all i want is that he keeps coming to germany on his european tours, and maybe to more than 2 cities (compared to i-don't-know-how-many in france :aah:)... and i guess that's what the UK fans want for the UK as well. :wink2: it's not that we're asking for him to be famous enough to do arena shows in our countries, it's more the fear that he completely disappears from the music scene here, gets dropped by his local record company, and that we'll always have to travel to other countries to see him. not that i wouldn't travel to see him, but as you know yourself, it's just a different feeling if it's a gig in your own country. :wink2: and he used to do gigs in all the big cities in UK and germany, whereas now it's just 2 or 3... he said after the gig in munich that he'll come back when he's "invited" - meaning by the promotion agency, or record company or whatever... so that sounded to me like he'd like to do more gigs here, or more often, but he doesn't get the chance. and THAT is what bothers me and why i feel i have to do something to help him. if he says for example "i want to concentrate on the south american market and first tour there for a while before coming back to europe", fine. i'll miss him, but it's his decision. but if he says he'd love to come back soon but he doesn't know if/when he gets invited again, then my reaction is trying to look for ways how i can convince those in charge that they have to invite him again. :dunno:

That´s exactly what I feel too and what I want to try next year.