Mika at Les Ardentes Festival, Liège, Belgium - 12 July 2013

mellody

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I get it well, they's a replay of the whole radio show now, so Mika should be on again at about 3 am local time.

I guess we'll have a podcast as well

http://www.rtbf.be/purefm/podcast

Can our native French speaking fans confirm please? thanks :)

Pure FM

@purefmlaradio

Vous avez manqué des passages de notre deuxième jour de direct à #lesardentes ? Pas de problème: ça recommence jusque 4 h. @purefmlaradio

https://twitter.com/purefmlaradio

Edited by mari62

If I get it well, they's a replay of the whole radio show now, so Mika should be on again at about 3 am local time.

I guess we'll have a podcast as well

http://www.rtbf.be/purefm/podcast

Can our native French speaking fans confirm please? thanks :)

Pure FM

@purefmlaradio

Vous avez manqué des passages de notre deuxième jour de direct à #lesardentes ? Pas de problème: ça recommence jusque 4 h. @purefmlaradio

https://twitter.com/purefmlaradio

Since the 12 was the second day of the festival and they say they will replay the second day, I guess you're right!

Since the 12 was the second day of the festival and they say they will replay the second day, I guess you're right!

Only one hour to wait :hypo:

Jolanda said on fb they are waiting for Mika :mikalove:at the artists entrance :squirrel:

If I'm understanding correctly, we should be able to hear some of Mika's show on PURE FM radio here:

http://www.rtbf.be/radio/liveradio/purefm

They tweeted:

@purefmlaradio: Attention: très larges extraits de @mikasounds à venir bientôt depuis #lesardentes

I think they may have even said they had an interview with Mika... ?

Anyhow... I'm listening for a bit and we'll see :)

aww I started reading the thread from the next page :aah: waiting for the reruns now :thumb_yello:

Here is my report but before I start I want to thank Treasa who was so sweet to give me her tickets because she couldn't make it herself. Thank you Treasa, I had a lovely time, although I did miss you, and all the other Oldlings who couldn't make it to the gig :huglove:.

At Thursday afternoon I arrived in Liège with my bf. We stayed in the MFC hotel (the Ramada Plaza) together with some other MFCers. After walking around in the city, we had dinner and then went to 'Le Pot au Lait', where we met with Sabine, Littlelady, Graciosa, and Smokesignal and her bf. Later on more MFCers joined us and we had a lovely evening together.

The next day my bf and I went to visit family because we didn't want to go to the festival early and we had already seen Liège. At 4.00pm we met with Smokesignal again at our hotel and the three of us went to the festival. When we arrived, Alex Hepburn was performing. She was quite good :thumb_yello:. After her performance we went to get something to eat and I said goodbye to my bf who didn't want to stand close to the stage but preferred a place somewhere further back. Smokesignal and I went back to the stage and managed quite easy to get a place in the second row, close to Patricia4U and ~Wicky~ and her friend Joyce. Together we waited for Mika, while watching Balthazar and IAMX, not my most favourite bands but at least the last one tried to entertain the audience.

At 11.00pm Mika came on stage. He started with Comme une soleil, then Relax and then I don't remember the order anymore (Oldlings brain :teehee:). As always I loved Underwater and I had to cry a bit. He also performed SITM, one of my favorite live songs, especially when he and Curtis play together at the same piano :wub2:. The songs followed each other rapidly and full of enthusiasm and although Mika had hardly any communication with the audience, I loved the show. Mika was full of energy and so were we, and before I realized it WAG was already there. He came back for Lollipop and I loved this version so much :wub2:. I hope someone has recorded it.

At 00.30am, the show was over and we went to the exit to wait for Mika. There were quite a lot of us waiting. The band passed us by quite fast and we were hoping Mika would show up fast too … but no … we had to wait until after 3.15am. While waiting I had a lot of fun with SonjaD and someone else I forgot to ask the name of :doh:. It's always amazing how much fun you can have about totally nothing :lmfao:. When Mika came I wanted him to sign something but since I didn't have anything else I decided he could sign the cover of my camera. He was quite fast (or maybe I was just too slow :teehee:) so I kinda pushed the cover under his nose, he looked at me a little surprised and asked me if he had to sign this. When I said yes, he took it and signed it and then he went to SonjaD who stood next to me. She wanted him to sign her phone cover so she has a very chique ton sur ton blue phone cover now according to Mika :naughty:. Then Mika left, I said goodbye to everyone and went back to the MFC hotel together with Smokesignal, Sabine, Littlelady and Sonja D and her friend Patricia.

I had a lovely time, also thanks to all the MFCers who were there. Maybe I have said this before already, but I think meeting with MFCers is one of the things that make these gigs so special and the more MFCers I get to learn, the more fun I have at these gigs. :wub2:

Edited by DutchAnnie
EDIT: Oops ... I posted it in the wrong thread :doh:. Have copied it to the right thread now.

Thanks for the report Annie. Sounds as though you had a great night. I don't envy you the long wait though - although at least he actually showed up this time unlike Rouen! :shocked:

Here is my report but before I start I want to thank Treasa who was so sweet to give me her tickets because she couldn't make it herself. Thank you Treasa, I had a lovely time, although I did miss you, and all the other Oldlings who couldn't make it to the gig :huglove:.

At Thursday afternoon I arrived in Liège with my bf. We stayed in the MFC hotel (the Ramada Plaza) together with some other MFCers. After walking around in the city, we had dinner and then went to 'Le Pot au Lait', where we met with Sabine, Littlelady, Graciosa, and Smokesignal and her bf. Later on more MFCers joined us and we had a lovely evening together.

The next day my bf and I went to visit family because we didn't want to go to the festival early and we had already seen Liège. At 4.00pm we met with Smokesignal again at our hotel and the three of us went to the festival. When we arrived, Alex Hepburn was performing. She was quite good :thumb_yello:. After her performance we went to get something to eat and I said goodbye to my bf who didn't want to stand close to the stage but preferred a place somewhere further back. Smokesignal and I went back to the stage and managed quite easy to get a place in the second row, close to Patricia4U and ~Wicky~ and her friend Joyce. Together we waited for Mika, while watching Balthazar and IAMX, not my most favourite bands but at least the last one tried to entertain the audience.

At 11.00pm Mika came on stage. He started with Comme une soleil, then Relax and then I don't remember the order anymore (Oldlings brain :teehee:). As always I loved Underwater and I had to cry a bit. He also performed SITM, one of my favorite live songs, especially when he and Curtis play together at the same piano :wub2:. The songs followed each other rapidly and full of enthusiasm and although Mika had hardly any communication with the audience, I loved the show. Mika was full of energy and so were we, and before I realized it WAG was already there. He came back for Lollipop and I loved this version so much :wub2:. I hope someone has recorded it.

At 00.30am, the show was over and we went to the exit to wait for Mika. There were quite a lot of us waiting. The band passed us by quite fast and we were hoping Mika would show up fast too … but no … we had to wait until after 3.15am. While waiting I had a lot of fun with SonjaD and someone else I forgot to ask the name of :doh:. It's always amazing how much fun you can have about totally nothing :lmfao:. When Mika came I wanted him to sign something but since I didn't have anything else I decided he could sign the cover of my camera. He was quite fast (or maybe I was just too slow :teehee:) so I kinda pushed the cover under his nose, he looked at me a little surprised and asked me if he had to sign this. When I said yes, he took it and signed it and then he went to SonjaD who stood next to me. She wanted him to sign her phone cover so she has a very chique ton sur ton blue phone cover now according to Mika :naughty:. Then Mika left, I said goodbye to everyone and went back to the MFC hotel together with Smokesignal, Sabine, Littlelady and Sonja D and her friend Patricia.

I had a lovely time, also thanks to all the MFCers who were there. Maybe I have said this before already, but I think meeting with MFCers is one of the things that make these gigs so special and the more MFCers I get to learn, the more fun I have at these gigs. :wub2:

It was me! :naughty: I also forgot to ask your name. And yes, we did have fun about totally nothing. I loved it :') "Trappen Mika, trappen!" :lmfao:

It was me! :naughty: I also forgot to ask your name. And yes, we did have fun about totally nothing. I loved it :') "Trappen Mika, trappen!" :lmfao:

I posted this report in the wrong thread, copied it to the right thread and found out it was you. :lmfao:

Thanks for the report Annie. Sounds as though you had a great night. I don't envy you the long wait though - although at least he actually showed up this time unlike Rouen! :shocked:

Thanks Kath. :huglove: But luckily I had great company while waiting. :thumb_yello:

the show broadcasted on Pure FM is available (youhouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu) :

http://podaudio.rtbf.be/rod/pu-invasion_pure_fm_festivals_invasion_-_122f0_15015123.mp3

Their original file is very large ( 221MB), I tried to edit to short ONLY Mika.:fisch:

Mediafire download link

2013.07.12_Les_Ardentes_Liege_Pure.MP3 (56.2MB) 1:01:26 http://www.mediafire.com/?sctq4dqaagaagf0

ENJOY !!