MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

I still think that for us all there`s the point to agree with: Mika did good job for XF, the organizers and contestants should be proud with his participation.

Yes I actually meant to say yesterday that if he had to do this I'm glad that it went so well and it is pretty cool to see how excited everyone is at the signings. I know some of the hysteria can be a bit much :aah: but still I would be proud if my country embraced him that way. I felt a bit of that when he appeared on a Quebec TV show and there were 15000 people at a festival and it's a wonderful thing after living with "Mika? I've never heard of them." for so long. :naughty:

It predates Mika fandom by a couple of hundred years I'd say. My British boss's attitude towards bilingualism in Canadian business is "f*ck the French" (and yes that is an actual quote) and unlike every other business unit in our Canadian office, our correspondence to clients does not go out in French. You can think it's ridiculous if you want but it is what it is and has nothing to do with Mika fans being jealous of one another. And I can point you to some rants on Twitter by members of MFC calling non-French fans some pretty vile names and telling them to stay the f*ck out of France, so this is not a one-way issue.

Tnank you for a course of history :thumb_yello: But it doesn't mean all French-speakers hate all English-speakers and backwards (I'm not sure I used the right word, don't have a dictionary near). It's the same to say all Russian women are beautiful :teehee: And when couple of fans told he mustn't sing in French it doesn't deserve my respect only because it's tradition. I think they are narrow minded and that's all :fisch: Mika is open minded and just didn't think about it, perhaps because he doesn't feel something like this.

Just one thing: how can you be so sure about the fact I've never been harassed, called names or anything similar?

I can't. Have you been stalked and harassed over your opinion about a popstar's choices?

Don't get me wrong but saying I completely understandis one of those meaningless sentences because it is so easy to say. "Oh you lost all your limbs. Sucks man. I completely understand how you feel!"

I do not feel understood at all.

Tnank you for a course of history :thumb_yello: But it doesn't mean all French-speakers hate all English-speakers and backwards (I'm not sure I used the right word, don't have a dictionary near). It's the same to say all Russian women are beautiful :teehee: And when couple of fans told he mustn't sing in French it doesn't deserve my respect only because it's tradition. I think they are narrow minded and that's all :fisch: Mika is open minded and just didn't think about it, perhaps because he doesn't feel something like this.

I never said it was all but it doesn't have to be. Why would you purposely alienate even 5% of your audience? Surely he wants everyone there to have a great time and connect with him, not feel like he's turned into a foreign artist they don't recognize anymore. And yes perhaps Mika doesn't think about it. That's why I said he should listen to what people are saying. You can disrespect it all you want but this is Mika's hometown crowd and if he disrespects their feelings and makes them feel like he can't be "home" even for one night out of hundreds...well the results have been pretty predictable and I don't think any of those people complaining have been to a Mika gig since even though they used to travel all the time to go to see him.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say throughout this whole discussion but no one wants to hear it. People just want to blame a record company instead of listening to fans who are unhappy and on the verge of giving up on Mika. I will officially give up on this discussion now.

Because Mika said he was above doing it for years and I believed him. He founded his career on the very concept of not doing this and I supported it. It's not about what he's doing it's about who he is versus who he once was (or once claimed to be). Now he just sweeps it all under the carpet by saying he was always a prostitute and adds insult to injury by calling us his pimps, as if it's our fault.

like maybe a lot of things that are leading to heated discussions on mfc, i think this is a matter of perception. the way *i* always perceived mika's "i'm not an xfactor artist" was that he himself never would have gotten far on a show like xfactor, simply because he's too unique and won't let anyone press him in a scheme. and because he's best at writing and performing his own songs, not someone elses. and both of that is a good thing, with his uniqueness being definitely one of the basic points of his career. and well, he had a personal issue with simon cowell at the beginning of his career, which also might have led to him saying some other negative things about xfactor, tbh i don't remember because it never was important to me. mika being the unique artist that he is doesn't clash - for me - with him *judging* xfactor. i mean, it's not as if he's trying to get a new record deal by being a candidate on there. :teehee:

of course if him being against casting shows in general always was important to you, i can very well understand your disappointment. what i'm trying to say is that for every fan different aspects of mika's career, of his personality and interests, of the things he has said and done in the past are important. personally, for example, i'm a bit sad that all the fancy costumes and the concept of creating his own visual world are gone from his shows. he started off like that (just remember his licm presentation in london ... :wub2:), but it has changed. i know you don't miss it at all, but for me it also represented an important part of what he built his career on, and i do miss it. the only reason why i don't moan about it is, because his shows are magical anyway. maybe a bit less than before, but still enough for me. and newer fans who weren't at the gigs in 2010 or earlier might not even have an opinion about it, because they just know the status quo. or they might say "wtf fancy costumes, who needs that?!", without ever having been there. which i think might also be a reason why fans who don't know what mika said about xfactor back in 2007 have no idea what you're talking about when you say you feel disappointed in him. no offence to the newer fans of course, i'm not saying they should not voice their opinion because they don't share all of our experiences. just maybe it helps *us* better to understand those points of view. :dunno:

which brings me to my general point, i think it also has been adressed somewhere on the previous pages: i know that in those discussions it sometimes appears as if someone thought they knew the ultimate truth. and this makes others get defensive and tell them they're wrong. i think i'm not any different there, although i always try to see both sides of a story. but somehow it always leads to that either the loudest ones or those who happen to be in the majority, or, in the worst case, the loud majority :teehee: manage - surely without intending it - to make the others feel bad and as if their opinion doesn't count. it has also frustrated me in the past several times, when my opinion got drowned in a wave of counter-arguments and i had the feeling i just couldn't get across what was so obvious to me. :aah::teehee: but i also don't know what to do about that, because discussions belong to a forum, and i guess it'll always be like that. so ingie, don't think your opinion doesn't count here, just because you happen to be in a minority with it. it would be only half the fun here on mfc if we all had the same opinion. :wink2:

I never said it was all but it doesn't have to be. Why would you purposely alienate even 5% of your audience? Surely he wants everyone there to have a great time and connect with him, not feel like he's turned into a foreign artist they don't recognize anymore. And yes perhaps Mika doesn't think about it. That's why I said he should listen to what people are saying. You can disrespect it all you want but this is Mika's hometown crowd and if he disrespects their feelings and makes them feel like he can't be "home" even for one night out of hundreds...well the results have been pretty predictable and I don't think any of those people complaining have been to a Mika gig since even though they used to travel all the time to go to see him.

This is exactly what I've been trying to say throughout this whole discussion but no one wants to hear it. People just want to blame a record company instead of listening to fans who are unhappy and on the verge of giving up on Mika. I will officially give up on this discussion now.

Mika can't satisfy everyone because 5% is 5% even if they feel like they are 95% :mf_rosetinted: They just took too much on themselves :fisch: I hear you but it doesn't mean I must agree or your words are absolute true. Now I know what you think, you know what I think. We are disagree and we can again agree about our disagreement :wink2: That's it!

I never said it was all but it doesn't have to be. Why would you purposely alienate even 5% of your audience? Surely he wants everyone there to have a great time and connect with him, not feel like he's turned into a foreign artist they don't recognize anymore. And yes perhaps Mika doesn't think about it. That's why I said he should listen to what people are saying.

just a quick note on that: if 10 ppl tweet him "i loved that french song" and 10 tweet him "how dare you singing a french song in the uk", what's he supposed to do? he always gets different, clashing opinions from fans. i'm not surprised that he stopped listening a long time ago, and listens to his own intuition instead, although that sometimes might be wrong. but at least then it was *his* mistake and his own responsibility. :dunno:

This whole discussion is not even about Xfactor anymore as every single person who postedhere actually doesn't want him to do another season. It just seems to be about whetherwe should unconditionally support him regardless of him doing something we dislike or not.

I don't give any f*cks about the amount of sideprojects he does for money. I only care about the fact that if he does talent shows like these it takes up way too much time which will make a new album and tour impossible. I want him to have success everywhere and not just in Italy and France. That is all Iever said. Can this please be accepted without all the "But Mika knows best" and "but Mika needs to find inspiration and clearly Xfactor is a massive source of inspiration!" Kinda arguments?

I can't. Have you been stalked and harassed over your opinion about a popstar's choices?

Don't get me wrong but saying I completely understandis one of those meaningless sentences because it is so easy to say. "Oh you lost all your limbs. Sucks man. I completely understand how you feel!"

I do not feel understood at all.

I'm sorry if you ever feel this way because of something I've said. Just as you said earlier, it is my style and when I say something, I mean it. I don't use cliches. So when I said I understood you, I really meant it.

I totally agree we need to be able to express our opinion no matter what they are. We just need to be careful on how we do it.

like maybe a lot of things that are leading to heated discussions on mfc, i think this is a matter of perception. the way *i* always perceived mika's "i'm not an xfactor artist" was that he himself never would have gotten far on a show like xfactor, simply because he's too unique and won't let anyone press him in a scheme. and because he's best at writing and performing his own songs, not someone elses. and both of that is a good thing, with his uniqueness being definitely one of the basic points of his career. and well, he had a personal issue with simon cowell at the beginning of his career, which also might have led to him saying some other negative things about xfactor, tbh i don't remember because it never was important to me. mika being the unique artist that he is doesn't clash - for me - with him *judging* xfactor. i mean, it's not as if he's trying to get a new record deal by being a candidate on there. :teehee:

of course if him being against casting shows in general always was important to you, i can very well understand your disappointment. what i'm trying to say is that for every fan different aspects of mika's career, of his personality and interests, of the things he has said and done in the past are important. personally, for example, i'm a bit sad that all the fancy costumes and the concept of creating his own visual world are gone from his shows. he started off like that (just remember his licm presentation in london ... :wub2:), but it has changed. i know you don't miss it at all, but for me it also represented an important part of what he built his career on, and i do miss it. the only reason why i don't moan about it is, because his shows are magical anyway. maybe a bit less than before, but still enough for me. and newer fans who weren't at the gigs in 2010 or earlier might not even have an opinion about it, because they just know the status quo. or they might say "wtf fancy costumes, who needs that?!", without ever having been there. which i think might also be a reason why fans who don't know what mika said about xfactor back in 2007 have no idea what you're talking about when you say you feel disappointed in him. no offence to the newer fans of course, i'm not saying they should not voice their opinion because they don't share all of our experiences. just maybe it helps *us* better to understand those points of view. :dunno:

which brings me to my general point, i think it also has been adressed somewhere on the previous pages: i know that in those discussions it sometimes appears as if someone thought they knew the ultimate truth. and this makes others get defensive and tell them they're wrong. i think i'm not any different there, although i always try to see both sides of a story. but somehow it always leads to that either the loudest ones or those who happen to be in the majority, or, in the worst case, the loud majority :teehee: manage - surely without intending it - to make the others feel bad and as if their opinion doesn't count. it has also frustrated me in the past several times, when my opinion got drowned in a wave of counter-arguments and i had the feeling i just couldn't get across what was so obvious to me. :aah::teehee: but i also don't know what to do about that, because discussions belong to a forum, and i guess it'll always be like that. so ingie, don't think your opinion doesn't count here, just because you happen to be in a minority with it. it would be only half the fun here on mfc if we all had the same opinion. :wink2:

Amen!

Yes I actually meant to say yesterday that if he had to do this I'm glad that it went so well and it is pretty cool to see how excited everyone is at the signings. I know some of the hysteria can be a bit much :aah:but still I would be proud if my country embraced him that way. I felt a bit of that when he appeared on a Quebec TV show and there were 15000 people at a festival and it's a wonderful thing after living with "Mika? I've never heard of them." for so long. :naughty:

I would be proud if my country embraces him that way too:thumb_yello:

but without hysteria, knowing exactly who Mika is. "Is it a guy who wrote Underwater ( not "did XFactor") ?" "Yes !" - I`ll answer happily.

well I think the main issue is that Universal is not giving him enough money to make albums and tour. So he's looking for money in the markets which can give him some. Italy, France, Spain...maybe South America next?

We can think and assert what we want or like, but we'll have to face this every day in the future. He might have hidden from us in the past months, or pretended he decided for other reasons, but this is the rough reality.

Keeping on dismissing his success in 'minor' markets as we keep on doing here, is just keeping i.e. Italian fans off this forum. It's something subtle and not intentional,, but it sounds so unfriendly. I know this is a discussion forum, but we have discussed this so long time now, I think we should move on.

This is actually the reason why I always read this thread but I've never took part in it before.

I understand now, especially after reading some of the replies to Robertina's post, that people here didn't mean to be disrespectful toward Italians, but at first it was kind of uncomfortable for me.

Thing is, everyone here is really passionate about Mika, and I respect that. It just took some time, for me, to really discern the intention behind some posts.

By the way, I understand the doubts many of you could have about how long those fans who saw him on TV are going to follow him as an artist, and I can't really answer for all of them. I can only say that I saw him on X Factor, and if I didn't like his songs I wouldn't be here now, because that's what matters the most to me. So... I'm here to stay.

Karin I don't want to belabour the discussions except to say I'm not referring to a comment Mika made about X Factor. I'm talking about the whole motive for writing Grace Kelly. The whole concept behind the "purple pop stars" video. The people behind these shows produce them so that they can mold raw talent into purple pop stars and...kachinga! If no one has a problem with that, that's fine, but it bothers me. And I'm sure Mika himself sees the hypocrisy in it which is why his explanations for doing it are all over the place. Of course I understand the perspective of newer fans is very much different from my own but whenever I've tried to raise that point people go nuts and accuse me of saying that older fans are more superior. I've tried to explain what I mean a dozen times but people are too sensitive sbout this issue to listen objectively to anything you have to say if the words "older fans" enter your post. :naughty:

About the costumes, of course I understand that and yes I would probably tell you I disagree and I'm glad the costumes are not a big factor anymore. The difference is I would not tell you that you don't have any right to want him to wear costumes. I would not dismiss your opinion by saying that Mika can do whatever he wants so what you think is irrelevant and unsupportive. I will not tell you to stop being so negative and it's your own choice to be sad about the lack of costumes. I will simply tell you I don't like the costumes myself and leave it at that.

The people who don't agree with what Mika is doing always seem to bear the responsibility for the "negative" tone but there is plenty of negativity and judgement aimed their way as well. If everyone could just respectfully disagree instead of telling others what they are allowed to think these discussions would conclude a lot quicker and everyone would have their say. I agree with Ingie that it always devolves into some trying to demonstrate that they are unconditionally loyal to Mika which is never the topic at hand.

I would be proud if my country embraces him that way too:thumb_yello:

but without hysteria, knowing exactly who Mika is. "Is it a guy who wrote Underwater ( not "did XFactor") ?" "Yes !" - I`ll answer happily.

Yes there is an ambivalency there because it's not about the music for everyone in the crowd. But it's still amazing to see the love and energy and Mika very happy. That one pic of him from the back looking towards the crowd looks like an iconic shot of a movie star. I love it.

By the way, I understand the doubts many of you could have about how long those fans who saw him on TV are going to follow him as an artist, and I can't really answer for all of them. I can only say that I saw him on X Factor, and if I didn't like his songs I wouldn't be here now, because that's what matters the most to me. So... I'm here to stay.

:thumb_yello:

Mika can't satisfy everyone because 5% is 5% even if they feel like they are 95% :mf_rosetinted: They just took too much on themselves :fisch: I hear you but it doesn't mean I must agree or your words are absolute true. Now I know what you think, you know what I think. We are disagree and we can again agree about our disagreement :wink2: That's it!

:teehee: Its priceless! I will save it and quote you every time I need it :thumb_yello:

This is actually the reason why I always read this thread but I've never took part in it before.

I understand now, especially after reading some of the replies to Robertina's post, that people here didn't mean to be disrespectful toward Italians, but at first it was kind of uncomfortable for me.

Thing is, everyone here is really passionate about Mika, and I respect that. It just took some time, for me, to really discern the intention behind some posts.

I'm glad you're here to stay. And you are right, we are all very passionate about Mika, even if we don't always agree when it comes to his career. :blush-anim-cl:

I actually do like these conversations between fans, as long as they are respectful to one another. If we all agreed all the time, this place would be one big sleeper! :naughty:

I'm happy that you are here. Really. It is not Italy or the Italians as I said. Had it been xfactor madagascar I would have felt the same. I know he gained new real fans like yourself and I am truly pleased with that but you know, a large part will always only be attracted to celebrity only and will move on as soon as the next hot thing arrives.

:teehee: Its priceless! I will save it and quote you every time I need it :thumb_yello:

Thanks, but it's just what's inside of my head :) At last I said out loud what I've accumulated for about a year and a half here. Well, it's turned out like this. Perhaps I was a bit harsh. But I'm always like this when I WANT AND HAVE TO SAY something :blush-anim-cl: Am I allowed to be another stubborn person here? I suppose I am :wink2:

I find this endless drama exhausting. Just saying it as a fact, not feeling bad because of anything anyone said and definitely not aiming this to anyone (I mean I know many of you, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all at gigs again!). I appreciate MFC as a source of new information and all Mika related material and I do enjoy reading people's thoughtful analysis but I guess I really learn to skip many threads or at least not participate in discussions. I never manage to put my words as I planned any way. I think I'm happier if I just focus on listening to his music and watching his projects and leave people more space to express their disappointments as it seems to be important. I don't know why but I often feel really exhausted after dramatical discussions and most times I'm confused and don't even understand where the drama comes from (I probably say something wrong myself but don't know how to say things differently). I travel a lot and it's always lovely to meet people in real life :wub2: I really hope there will be something exciting to look forward to in 2014.

So welcome. That`s what I `m trying to say too and very few people heard it. Mika had cancelled a concert in Moscow in 2008, and if I didn`t like his songs and music so much - I wouldn`t be here now:naughty: But that incident didn`t put me off, you know.

well, I ... forgot what I wanted to say:aah:

oh - yes , we`re all very passionate about what Mika does:wink2:

I find this endless drama exhausting. Just saying it as a fact, not feeling bad because of anything anyone said and definitely not aiming this to anyone (I mean I know many of you, and I'm looking forward to meeting you all at gigs again!). I appreciate MFC as a source of new information and all Mika related material and I do enjoy reading people's thoughtful analysis but I guess I really learn to skip many threads or at least not participate in discussions. I never manage to put my words as I planned any way. I think I'm happier if I just focus on listening to his music and watching his projects and leave people more space to express their disappointments as it seems to be important. I don't know why but I often feel really exhausted after dramatical discussions and most times I'm confused and don't even understand where the drama comes from (I probably say something wrong myself but don't know how to say things differently). I travel a lot and it's always lovely to meet people in real life :wub2:I really hope there will be something exciting to look forward to in 2014.

very wise words to finish this all:wink2:

Well Nina, I don't understand where it came from this time either (but I am probably seen as the source so I will just go back to my corner).

So yes. Hopefully new music next year. Yay. Done.

Ingie, I tried to explain I didn't aim my post to anyone particular. That I know many of you in real life and look forward to meeting you all again. There's no need for you to go to your corner :wink2: I really tried to put my words as nicely as I could, just telling I find these discussion tiring and difficult to understand.

Ingie, I tried to explain I didn't aim my post to anyone particular. That I know many of you in real life and look forward to meeting you all again. There's no need for you to go to your corner :wink2: I really tried to put my words as nicely as I could, just telling I find these discussion tiring and difficult to understand.

Oh sorry I wasn't referring to you. I know you are not like that. :wub2:

All I want is the right to say I don't like something he does without being made tobfeel like I am disloyal and without endless discussions in which I keep having to repeat and defend myself.

You do realize that 5% was just a hypothetical and not the actual percentage right? It could be 95% for all we know. The point is that Mika goes to great lengths to exhibit cultural sensitivity everywhere he goes - except, in this case, Britain. What purpose does it serve to piss off even 1 fan in the audience? One thing is for certain is that 99% of the people in that audience had never heard of the song because it is not available to purchase in the UK so it's not like they are going to be upset if it's not on the setlist. There is a good reason why it's not included on the English version of the album.