MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

btw i also have to disagree with mousetrap... i don't mind at all if people complain when he does another xfactor. i'd complain too. just not that much maybe, i'd mostly ignore it like i did this time, and save up my anger for the time when the promised album doesn't come. :naughty: each to their own tho. :wink2:

actually i noticed i complain much less about his decisions since i complained to him on twitter about exchanging the old band, particularly martin and cherisse. and then got to know the new band. ok i still think he should've kept cherisse :teehee:, but in fact i like tim even more than martin, since i met him in person.

I watched XF and enjoied it very much, not mainly the show itself of course but Mika in this show! I may say I'm glad he did it because I got the opportunity to know him better! It's a bit selfish, I know :aah:

I complained about his collab with Ariana, I showed my disagreement to him via twitter and FB (well, I'm sure he didn't notice it lol) and now I'm ashamed about it. Because the result is much better than I expected. I decided not to complain again in the future because I don't want to be the person who would spoil his mood about the decision he's satisfied about :) I prefer to say "Do it, time will show" :teehee: No, really!

I watched XF and enjoied it very much, not mainly the show itself of course but Mika in this show! I may say I'm glad he did it because I got the opportunity to know him better! It's a bit selfish, I know :aah:

Yes, I had a chance to see him from the different perspective during XF :thumb_yello: Even if he was aware of being under the camera eye all the time, I found out a lot of interesting things, that I had suspected but never expected :mf_rosetinted:

The whole experience was precious for me (as for a curious watchful fan), and I'm not afraid to seem selfish at all :wink2:

I complained about his collab with Ariana, I showed my disagreement to him via twitter and FB (well, I'm sure he didn't notice it lol) and now I'm ashamed about it. Because the result is much better than I expected. I decided not to complain again in the future because I don't want to be the person who would spoil his mood about the decision he's satisfied about :) I prefer to say "Do it, time will show" :teehee: No, really!

I assure you, you need a loooot more to spoil his mood:naughty:. I wasn't that fussed about Ariana even though I needed time to get used to that version of the song, but at least it brought him exposure in the US with his music which was something I had hoped for for quite a long time.

I guess we could say the general consensus is that nobody wants him to do a new season of X-factor but some will support him anyway because it is his decision and others don't because really talent shows suck and new music should be priority.

I assure you, you need a loooot more to spoil his mood:naughty:. I wasn't that fussed about Ariana even though I needed time to get used to that version of the song, but at least it brought him exposure in the US with his music which was something I had hoped for for quite a long time.

I guess we could say the general consensus is that nobody wants him to do a new season of X-factor but some will support him anyway because it is his decision and others don't because really talent shows suck and new music should be priority.

I hope so :aah:

I wouldn't mind against a new XF ... in 2016 perhaps :fisch: I will support him anyway but new music should be a priority :wink2: I'm sure music will always be his priority :thumb_yello:

Yes, I had a chance to see him from the different perspective during XF :thumb_yello: Even if he was aware of being under the camera eye all the time, I found out a lot of interesting things, that I had suspected but never expected :mf_rosetinted:

The whole experience was precious for me (as for a curious watchful fan), and I'm not afraid to seem selfish at all :wink2:

It was an amazing experience for me :naughty: We found out he's a very tough teacher and he doesn't care about women tears :mf_rosetinted:

No I don't think we should have separate threads. No matter how we differ in our thoughts, it all comes from our love of Mika. This is a forum, so all views and opinions of Mika on X Factor are worth discussing on one thread. I would never want MFC to become two factions.

Agree with you

and i'm sure if there is an album, it's the kind of album i'd expect, because whatever else he might do, or what lies he might tell, i trust him that he puts 100% of himself into his music. he won't settle for "just ok" with the songs he records, i believe him that much. :original:

:thumb_yello:

Can you give us examples? :teehee:

Exactly :thumb_yello:

It was an amazing experience for me :naughty: We found out he's a very tough teacher and he doesn't care about women tears :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

So what I'm really hearing here is not that you support Mika unconditionally but that the things he does work out for you so you have nothing to complain about. But there are plenty of people who don't find these things working for them, they find them alienating and find Mika inaccessible. And we are not a small "screaming" minority. We are speaking for all the people who used to love Mika's music and bought his albums in their millions and now no longer do.

Someone who "knows what they're doing" and is "making music a priority" does not continue on a path to further alienating the music lovers they have on their side to go chasing after people who don't give a damn about their music. We don't need a PhD in the music industry to figure that out. It is a fundamental principle in any business that it is easier and requires less resources to maintain your current client base than it is to acquire new ones. Anyone who doesn't understand this should be going to lectures, not giving them.

yes christine, but the problem is that he needs new clients ,because the millions who bought licm didn't go and buy tbwktm, for whatever reason. he didn't do side projects back then, at least no big ones that i'd remember. even less people bought ool, and the few of us who are left can't earn him a living. he concentrated on music and touring for years, and the sales dropped. xfactor brought him back in the charts in italy and made hundreds of fans queue for his signings, also something that hasn't happened since 2007. so although i agree with the point that he's less accessible to a lot of his long term fans if he concentrates on one or two countries and speaks their language instead of english, i think most of those millions who used to buy his music have turned away from him long ago for other reasons. :dunno:

So what I'm really hearing here is not that you support Mika unconditionally but that the things he does work out for you so you have nothing to complain about. But there are plenty of people who don't find these things working for them, they find them alienating and find Mika inaccessible. And we are not a small "screaming" minority. We are speaking for all the people who used to love Mika's music and bought his albums in their millions and now no longer do.

Someone who "knows what they're doing" and is "making music a priority" does not continue on a path to further alienating the music lovers they have on their side to go chasing after people who don't give a damn about their music. We don't need a PhD in the music industry to figure that out. It is a fundamental principle in any business that it is easier and requires less resources to maintain your current client base than it is to acquire new ones. Anyone who doesn't understand this should be going to lectures, not giving them.

... or find another ( good) producer\ promoter\record company\ professional who does it better than him, for God`s sake! ( I don`t mean giving lectures... well, you got it))

Edited by Julia Welcomes

I still don't like collaboration with Ariana :mf_rosetinted: But I'm glad Popular bacame very popular (lol) among not Mika's fans even though I don't like the song :fisch: But I just use my right not to listen to it :wink2: I don't complain...

It's a pity that Mika lost those fans but it's not because he made something wrong, but because they just don't like his music anymore IMO No one's decisions will stop me to listen to the music I like. Perhaps it's because I'm new and I became a fan when everything had been different already from the good old times. But, you know, I hate this "good old times" phrase because it says about stagnation and absense of development. I like change. I don't want Mika to be the same. Wrong decisions? Well nobody's perfect :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Mousetrap

But, you know, I hate this "good old times" phrase because it says about stagnation and absense of development. I like change. I don't want Mika to be the same. Wrong decisions? Well nobodies perfect :mf_rosetinted:

i don't like change for the sake of changing, although i know mika might disagree with that opinion. :teehee: but if something's not going as it should, dropping sales in this case, surely it is time to change something.

yes christine, but the problem is that he needs new clients ,because the millions who bought licm didn't go and buy tbwktm, for whatever reason. he didn't do side projects back then, at least no big ones that i'd remember. even less people bought ool, and the few of us who are left can't earn him a living. he concentrated on music and touring for years, and the sales dropped. xfactor brought him back in the charts in italy and made hundreds of fans queue for his signings, also something that hasn't happened since 2007. so although i agree with the point that he's less accessible to a lot of his long term fans if he concentrates on one or two countries and speaks their language instead of english, i think most of those millions who used to buy his music have turned away from him long ago for other reasons. :dunno:

Very wise opinion :thumb_yello:

Shall we make a bet how many of those random Italians who queued for his signing will still be around a year from now? Yes he gained some fans but the majority of those people gave zero f*cks about his music and only cared about his celebrity status. These are not going to be the people buying his albums. Haven't you heard about the lady who returned the songbook cd after she didn't get to meet him? I'm sure she is not the only one who doesn't care about his music.

No matter how much you twist or spin this, if you want to get new fans and regain popularity, Italy is not the country you should go looking for it.

He should go back to the UK. Many people queued for the swatch signing. He still has a group of fans left. If he has the UK back in his hands he can go and do whatever he wants but Italy makes zero sense.

yes christine, but the problem is that he needs new clients ,because the millions who bought licm didn't go and buy tbwktm, for whatever reason. he didn't do side projects back then, at least no big ones that i'd remember

What he did is completely disappear off the face of the earth to people who were not obsessively following him and that's exactly what he's doing now. Unless you are in Italy which is a tiny portion of the people who have bought his albums, Mika does not exist. Except now even many of the people who have been obsessively following him for 7 years don't wanna know.

It's a pity that Mika lost those fans but it's not because he made something wrong, but because they just don't like his music anymore IMO

Whenever we have these discussions everyone sticks their fingers in their ears and says they love Mika unconditionally and don't want to hear anything negative instead of trying to understand why fans are feeling disconnected and alienated and disinterested. I listen to these people, I keep in touch with them after they leave. I know why they left and it's not because his songs don't suit their tastes anymore.

I'm sure next year when I am gone you'll still be having these discussions with Ingie or Rose or whoever can be arsed to wait beyond a second season of X Factor saying that it was my own choice and Mika's choices have nothing to do with it even though I have explained it a hundred times. I really can't understand how one manages to twist around Mika neglecting his fanbase into the fans choosing to abandon him.

If you had an acquaintanceship with someone where you went bowling together on a regular basis for many years but then your friend decides bowling isn't working for them anymore so they are going to take up skydiving. And actually they are going to move to Malaysia and never come back. So if you want to maintain any kind of relationship with this person you must fly to Malaysia and take up skydiving even though the very thought of skydiving makes your stomach turn because you are a bowler and not the kind of person who jumps out of planes and you think a flight to Malaysia is kind of an exorbitant expense to do something you don't want to do with someone you are only acquainted with.

When this relationship ends who do you think is responsible for ending it? The person who says "I am going to do whatever I want and you can put everything you enjoy aside and make all the sacrifices at your end to come and join me" or the person who decides that is a totally unreasonable request given the original terms of the relationship?

So how does a few thousand possible new fans, (lets not forget a lot of these people may not be that interested in him for his music, just his celebrity) in Italy get him noticed in the rest of the world?

For example a couple of weeks back on a UK radio station Grace Kelly was played for the the first time in ages, and the dj said to his co presenter "whatever happened to Mika" and his co presenter said "nobody knows"

I am thinking this is a consensus held by quite a lot of people outside of France and Italy right now, because other countries don't give a flying fig for X Factor or The Voice outside their own countries, that is those that like it at all.

So if fans who love his music are dropping like flies in every other market that hasn't got a clue where he is or what he's doing, I don't think a couple of thousand new fans in Italy are going to help him regain a foothold in the world market, sadly.

well I think the main issue is that Universal is not giving him enough money to make albums and tour. So he's looking for money in the markets which can give him some. Italy, France, Spain...maybe South America next?

We can think and assert what we want or like, but we'll have to face this every day in the future. He might have hidden from us in the past months, or pretended he decided for other reasons, but this is the rough reality.

Keeping on dismissing his success in 'minor' markets as we keep on doing here, is just keeping i.e. Italian fans off this forum. It's something subtle and not intentional,, but it sounds so unfriendly. I know this is a discussion forum, but we have discussed this so long time now, I think we should move on.

If you had an acquaintanceship with someone where you went bowling together on a regular basis for many years but then your friend decides bowling isn't working for them anymore so they are going to take up skydiving. And actually they are going to move to Malaysia and never come back. So if you want to maintain any kind of relationship with this person you must fly to Malaysia and take up skydiving even though the very thought of skydiving makes your stomach turn because you are a bowler and not the kind of person who jumps out of planes and you think a flight to Malaysia is kind of an exorbitant expense to do something you don't want to do with someone you are only acquainted with.

When this relationship ends who do you think is responsible for ending it? The person who says "I am going to do whatever I want and you can put everything you enjoy aside and make all the sacrifices at your end to come and join me" or the person who decides that is a totally unreasonable request given the original terms of the relationship?

But it's not only one skydiver and only one bowler. It's one bowler who deceded to make some skydiving and thousands of bowlers many of whom decided to follow and try skydiving too.

Mika is not my acquaintant, he changed my life and keep changing it to the better :mf_rosetinted: I owe him a lot even if he never knew about it. And I love him not only for his music but for his personality. Perhaps this is the difference. Music was the first thing but I'm not sure now. You can call me crazy and I am in my own way :aah:

well I think the main issue is that Universal is not giving him enough money to make albums and tour. So he's looking for money in the markets which can give him some. Italy, France, Spain...maybe South America next?

We can think and assert what we want or like, but we'll have to face this every day in the future. He might have hidden from us in the past months, or pretended he decided for other reasons, but this is the rough reality.

Keeping on dismissing his success in 'minor' markets as we keep on doing here, is just keeping i.e. Italian fans off this forum. It's something subtle and not intentional,, but it sounds so unfriendly. I know this is a discussion forum, but we have discussed this so long time now, I think we should move on.

Well he said he got offers again from the UK so I hope that is true and works out.

And it's not that I dismiss his success in Italy, it just doesn't work if you look at the big picture and I would react exactly the same if it was happening in Holland. It's not about Italians. Is it just so bad that we want him to be successful everywhere instead of just in 2 markets?

Plus Universal or any record company never funds tours. That is not in their hands but in the hands of promoters. He needs to find good promoters to fund his tours not rely on the record company. And I know this because I was told by someone from Universal.

I agree with every word :thumb_yello:

I can add, the XF is done, it's in the past! Let's moan about The Voice :aah:

Mika is not my acquaintant, he changed my life and keep changing it to the better :mf_rosetinted: I owe him a lot even if he never knew about it. And I love him not only for his music but for his personality. Perhaps this is the difference. Music was the first thing but I'm not sure now. You can call me crazy and I am in my own way :aah:

I also love him for his personality. The good sides and the bad and I've seen both:naughty:. Had it just been his music I liked, I would have left a long time ago. That doesn't take away that I personally won't like him doing any other talent show whether it is in Italy, France or Madagascar.

I agree with every word :thumb_yello:

I can add, the XF is done, it's in the past! Let's moan about The Voice :aah:

Well, I will ignore the voice for as much as I can until it is over and he is threatening to sign for a second season.:mf_rosetinted: