MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

So, folks, no moaning and tears about his choices.

He won't care. At all. :naughty:

He doesn't care any more or less about what we think of his choices than anything else we talk about here. This isn't Mika's inbox, it's a discussion forum and we're talking to each other not Mika.

That's what it is for me too, not liking the show.

I love Italy, going to the gig in Cattolica was a magical few days for me, it's a beautiful place.

i don't even know if we have an XF Canada :aah:

But i totally know it's normal that i don't like, that i'm not interested in every single things he does/like. It was the same for some of his blogs/vlogs. Some subject i found very interesting & others, not so much :naughty: If i liked, i looked it up, if i didn't, i'd just closed the page & wait for the next one.

Say Mika became a chef & started giving recipes on how to cook fish, i wouldn't even bother with it because i hate fish! :naughty: In my opinion, the side projects are just that... side projects... not highlights of his career.

Edited by guylainem123

I don't know which thread this INTERVIEW should be posted (XF or SWATCH)...

Marie Clair Italia

http://www.marieclaire.it/Attualita/Mika-intervista-xfactor-swatch

Intervista a Mika

Ho cercato di prendere un vaporetto con...uno dei personaggi dell'anno.

Martedì 17 Dicembre 2013

Mica male appropinquarsi a Mika e scoprire di avere addosso una giacca identica alla sua. Anima e revers in lana + maniche in pelle: un risvolto pragmatico che assomiglia più a una metafora della vita (ma il suo è un total look Valentino; per me non c’è partita!).

Siamo a Venezia e tira una gran bell’aria.

La soirée è fuori dal tempo, anche se di tempo si parla perché Mika ha disegnato, con la bella sorella designer Yasmine, due orologi per Swatch, ispirazione totem, a cavallo tra sciamanesimo e misticismo.

Eppure al seguito Mika ora si porta madre, sorella e tutta la materialità di 15 valigie gonfie di shopping che in vaporetto proprio non si incastrano.

Tocca ripiegare su un taxi gondola.

«Ah, quant’è bella Venezia...», sussurrerà poi nel buio di un balcone che affaccia sul Guggenheim.

«La vita è fatta di mix: lo scuro con il chiaro. In tutto quello che faccio

c’è un elemento dark, però felice. Come le mie canzoni. Come Venezia».

Non avremmo mai pensato di associarti a delle maschere tribali...

Eh? Scusa ma sono un po’ sordo. Ho ascoltato troppa musica ad alto volume e ora non ci sento!

Ma come: a 30 anni già sordo e pure sciamano?

(Ride) Non sono ossessionato dall’idea del tempo. Anni fa sì. Pensavo: 30 anni, che età importante. Ma ora non è così, ho amici ventenni come di 50 e 60.

Come gestisci il tuo tempo?

È una continua sfida. Sono spesso in viaggio ma odio gli aeroporti, la frenesia, gli orari. Lo faccio perché devo. E amo dover viaggiare per fare quello che voglio.

X Factor, un album appena uscito (Song Book Vol.1), un altro talent show in Francia: sarai mica stanco?

(Annuisce) L’importante è mettercela tutta. Per questo sono esigente con me stesso e con i ragazzi che seguo nei talent. Chiunque ha il diritto di credere in un sogno. Chiunque dovrebbe fare buone esperienze, capire quale sia la propria strada.

Chi ti ha illuminato su quale sarebbe stata la tua?

Quando avevo 15 anni, ed ero sempre stanco perché già cantavo e intanto studiavo, mia madre mi disse: «Stai camminando per te stesso. Devi. Sei tu a creare le basi per il tuo lavoro. Basta lamentarsi!». In famiglia siamo 5 fratelli tutti cresciuti con l’arte. Due sorelle sono designer, mio fratello è architetto. Sono letteralmente ossessionato dal teatro, dal design, dalla musica...

E dalla moda: ce ne vuole a riempire 15 valigie!

In realtà non sono così amante del fashion, più dell’idea di design che c’è dietro. E spesso è la mia mamma che mi cura il look.

Il momento della giornata in cui ti esprimi meglio?

Quando dormo! (Ride) Indubbiamente il momento migliore di tutte le 24 ore.

ho8e.jpg

If Mika wants to talk about astrophysics or philosophy perhaps he can teach me new things and broaden my mind. But we're talking about TV shows and watches, etc. I don't really need to look to a pop star to form my tastes on these things I've been exposed to since before he was born. He surely knows more about French cinema or literature than I do but there is a reason for that. I don't care enough about them to want to learn more or I would have done so of my own accord years ago. Just as I'm sure Mika will never care about web design software or biological anthropology or Canadian sketch comedy circa 1981.

I am grateful to Mika for bringing me together with his fans who have given me opportunities to see and do things I never would have otherwise though. And I like the fact that he has always surrounded himself with good people.

Of course you don't need to be interested in everything he's up to, Christine. But why you write your are dissapoinded in him just because you don't like something he's doing? He may have different opinion from yours, he may do things you don't like but it doesen't mean he's wrong. It only means he's different person than you are. Perhaps I didn't get you right, sorry for this but that's the impression I have about all your words in common :dunno:

Edited by Mousetrap

Yes, I understand people need to express their disappointment. I guess that's the whole point of different discussion forums :thumb_yello:I don't know why I so often find the tone so demanding and accusing.

I have the same impression quite often. Perhaps it's just me.

Moreover I've read many times phrases like "I know better what he needs to do with his career because I'm his long term fan" literally and long before XF from I don't remember whom, I'm sorry :blink: Perhaps there were jokes, I don't know :doh: But I found these kind of jokes very weird :mf_rosetinted:

I have the same impression quite often. Perhaps it's just me.

Moreover I've read many times phrases like "I know better what he needs to do with his career because I'm his long term fan" literally and long before XF from I don't remember whom, I'm sorry :blink: Perhaps there were jokes, I don't know :doh: But I found these kind of jokes very weird :mf_rosetinted:

I've never read anyone say (at least not seriously) "i know better than he does"

Not agreeing with his choices does not mean anyone knows better, it simply means they don't agree or are disappointed.

Perhaps it gave you the feeling of "they knew better" though.

Anyways, i'm a long term fan, i do not agree with his choice of judging talent shows, but it's not a question of knowing better than him. And i fully understand that what i think won't change a thing. I still like him, love his music and i'm looking forward to the next album. But i still don't agree. I also don't always agree with his choice of shoes, but we'll have that discussion another time :aah::naughty:

I've never read anyone say (at least not seriously) "i know better than he does"

Not agreeing with his choices does not mean anyone knows better, it simply means they don't agree or are disappointed.

Perhaps it gave you the feeling of "they knew better" though.

Anyways, i'm a long term fan, i do not agree with his choice of judging talent shows, but it's not a question of knowing better than him. And i fully understand that what i think won't change a thing. I still like him, love his music and i'm looking forward to the next album. But i still don't agree. I also don't always agree with his choice of shoes, but we'll have that discussion another time :aah::naughty:

Sometimes it's a feeling but sometime it was leteral. I really hope these were jokes :thumb_yello:

I like your way to express your disagreement especially about his shoes :aah:

But why you write your are dissapoinded in him just because you don't like something he's doing?

Because Mika said he was above doing it for years and I believed him. He founded his career on the very concept of not doing this and I supported it. It's not about what he's doing it's about who he is versus who he once was (or once claimed to be). Now he just sweeps it all under the carpet by saying he was always a prostitute and adds insult to injury by calling us his pimps, as if it's our fault.

Sometimes it's a feeling but sometime it was leteral. I really hope these were jokes :thumb_yello:

It doesn't sound like a joke, it sounds like a misunderstanding. I have never heard anyone say something like that.

Because Mika said he was above doing it for years and I believed him. He founded his career on the very concept of not doing this and I supported it. It's not about what he's doing it's about who he is versus who he once was (or once claimed to be).

People and circumstance changes, you know. It doesn't mean to sell your soul. And I remember interview for Australian Idol in 2009 where he said many good words about this show and that he's absolutely OK with this kinds of contests.

It doesn't sound like a joke, it sounds like a misunderstanding. I have never heard anyone say something like that.

It was something about his show in London where he sang "Soleile" to open the show. Many fans were dissapointed that he dared to sing in French (I have no idea why, I'd never demand him to sing in Russian, it's ridiculous, but it's another story) and some fan told he mustn't do this and that this fan knows better what he should do and Mika showd lister to his long term fans. I suppose it may have been a joke :mf_rosetinted:

People and circumstance changes, you know. It doesn't mean to sell your soul.

It's not his soul, it's his artistic integrity. If people don't care about that, that is their prerogative. But please don't tell me I don't have the right to feel disappointed when someone abandons a principle that they once preached to me.

It was something about his show in London where he sang "Soleile" to open the show. Many fans were dissapointed that he dared to sing in French (I have no idea why, I'd never demand him to sing in Russian, it's ridiculous, but it's another story) and some fan told he mustn't do this and that this fan knows better what he should do and Mika showd lister to his long term fans. I suppose it may have been a joke :mf_rosetinted:

Well in that situation I would say that Mika should listen to his British fans since they are the ones who paid to see the show (his pimps apparently :mf_rosetinted:), not necessarily his older fans. I don't know how you can possibly compare that circumstance to demanding he sings in Russian. English is his mother tongue and London is his hometown. All of his music that is available in the UK is in English. You can't even buy Un Soleil in the UK. It's not available to British fans. What is the point of singing some song that no one in the audience will understand or ever hear again. It's just alienating and bizarre.

It's not his soul, it's his artistic integrity. If people don't care about that, that is their prerogative. But please don't tell me I don't have the right to feel disappointed when someone abandons a principle that they once preached to me.

You're disappointed, fine. But he still needs money to make music we love. Without money he'll disappear for sure. Well, I understand your position and I stop here.

Well in that situation I would say that Mika should listen to his British fans since they are the ones who paid to see the show, not necessarily his older fans. I don't know how you can possibly compare that circumstance to demanding he sings in Russian. English is his mother tongue and London is his hometown. All of his music that is available in the UK is in English. You can't even buy Un Soleil in the UK. It's not available to British fans. What is the point of singing some song that no one in the audience will understand or ever hear again. It's just alienating and bizarre.

It's not "listener's choice" kind of show :blink: I absolutely disagree with you here :fisch:

Many Russian fans don't speak English at all! It absolutely doesn't mean there's no point for Mika to come and sing in Russia because almost no one will understand him :blink:

As for me I'd be personally very happy to listen to a new song I didn't have opportunity to listen to before!!! The language doesn't matter at all!

---

I need to add for me it's just an envy to France and French fans. And a bit disrespectful to Mika and to his music as well.

Edited by Mousetrap

Well, I understand your position and I stop here.

Agreed :wink2:

It's not "listener's choice" kind of show :blink: I absolutely disagree with you here :fisch:

Of course I don't mean anyone should be dictating the setlist. But why do you think Mika started singing Les Champs Elysees and eventually recording French songs? To endear himself to and please his French audience. Isn't it just common sense to know that intentionally doing the opposite is going to have the opposite effect? I know people who did not grow up in English speaking areas don't seem to get this but Mika should.

I need to add for me it's just an envy to France and French fans.

You are totally wrong about that. It doesn't even have anything to do with Mika, nevermind fans envying other fans.

Agreed :wink2:

:hi5:

Of course I don't mean anyone should be dictating the setlist. But why do you think Mika started singing Les Champs Elysees and eventually recording French songs? To endear himself to and please his French audience. Isn't it just common sense to know that intentionally doing the opposite is going to have the opposite effect? I know people who did not grow up in English speaking areas don't seem to get this but Mika should.

Of course he thinks about his fans first when he writes his songs :mf_rosetinted: Yes, I don't seem to get it...

You are totally wrong about that. It doesn't even have anything to do with Mika, nevermind fans envying other fans.

I hope I'm wrong here and again it's a kind of impression :)

So that's what? 60,000 copies of a single worldwide? That doesn't sound like a proportionate return on an investment of that many months of almost daily promotion. Not for someone with Mika's history of global sales.

Hey, we all know that here, I was just joking a bit with IngieV, relaaaax.

Next time I will add more smileys, maybe it will help.

Or maybe I'll get a "you're totally wrong" as well, poor me.

Edited by Valmont69

He doesn't care any more or less about what we think of his choices than anything else we talk about here. This isn't Mika's inbox, it's a discussion forum and we're talking to each other not Mika.

Yeah, it was only a poor contribution of mine in this discussion, just a naughty one, I didn't think it should deserve a serious answer.

Irony is overrated.

Or maybe just mine :aah:

... For Mika, I think , it`s not XF Italy, The Voice or even XF UK that will bring him new long-run fans . These shows can`t be considered as a longterm "investment". They won`t live for decades. Only good songs will .

Anyway, XFactor Italy should be proud and thankful that Mika has collaborated with the show.

I understand how you feel, it's never easy being attacked for expression your point of you.

My only suggestion, for what it's worth, is to try to be carefull, all the people trying to bring an opinion different than yours on here are not stalkers or harassers... :thumb_yello:

You do not understand as you haven't been in the same position so you have no idea what it is like to be called names every single day just because you were disappointed in this xfactor thing and vocal about it.

Furthermore this is also my writing style. I just call them like I see them and don't do sugarcoating.

And also, we are being called demanding but do realise that all posts saying it is not Mika's fault and we should trust him and have no right to be disappointed are just as worse yet nobody sees those as demanding or accussing as you all agree with it. I'm attacking no one. I'm stating my opinion and that is all.

But I'm done. I still get the feeling MFC is becoming this place where you can't say your real opinion if it is not necessarily in favour of Mika's choices. I'm not interested in that kind of environment to be honest.

You're disappointed, fine. But he still needs money to make music we love. Without money he'll disappear for sure. Well, I understand your position and I stop here.

Many Russian fans don't speak English at all! It absolutely doesn't mean there's no point for Mika to come and sing in Russia because almost no one will understand him :blink:

As for me I'd be personally very happy to listen to a new song I didn't have opportunity to listen to before!!! The language doesn't matter at all!

---

I need to add for me it's just an envy to France and French fans. And a bit disrespectful to Mika and to his music as well.

I was at the London gig and had no problem at all with the French song. He sang it beautifully. I think, in either London, or Manchester, or both, he also sang EMD and people were porquois-ing all over the place. Really getting in to it. I think I mentioned it on my report.

I respected the views of the fans who thought he shouldn't have sung in French. It didn't bother me as it's their honest opinion and honesty is always best no matter what the view is. But what DID upset me was when someone quoted some journalist who reviewed the gig and said something like, "So now Mika is annoying us in another language." Nothing about how wonderful his performance is or his songs are. Or the fact that he always sings live, with his wonderful voice.

This is exactly the attitude that has destroyed his chances in the UK. The so called knowledgeable UK media slagging him off, no matter what he does. I can understand that he decided to raise his profile in other countries who would take him seriously, and also think he's hot! There's absolutely nothing wrong (in my view) with people starting to love Mika because he's sexy. It's a way in to all the other things he has to offer the world, that they can discover.

He's selling albums in those countries, and that all adds to his worldwide album sales, which will be much higher than this time last year. It's also (along with the success of the Popular Video) got him singing on the American dancing show and nominated for numerous WMA.

That said, I do long for something in the UK. I also want the UK to treat him with the kudos he deserves, so I'm glad he has done what he has already done. That's my own opinion. I do not disrespect anyone who thinks differently.

I was at the London gig and had no problem at all with the French song. He sang it beautifully. I think, in either London, or Manchester, or both, he also sang EMD and people were porquois-ing all over the place. Really getting in to it. I think I mentioned it on my report.

I respected the views of the fans who thought he shouldn't have sung in French. It didn't bother me as it's their honest opinion and honesty is always best no matter what the view is. But what DID upset me was when someone quoted some journalist who reviewed the gig and said something like, "So now Mika is annoying us in another language." Nothing about how wonderful his performance is or his songs are. Or the fact that he always sings live, with his wonderful voice.

This is exactly the attitude that has destroyed his chances in the UK. The so called knowledgeable UK media slagging him off, no matter what he does. I can understand that he decided to raise his profile in other countries who would take him seriously, and also think he's hot! There's absolutely nothing wrong (in my view) with people starting to love Mika because he's sexy. It's a way in to all the other things he has to offer the world, that they can discover.

He's selling albums in those countries, and that all adds to his worldwide album sales, which will be much higher than this time last year. It's also (along with the success of the Popular Video) got him singing on the American dancing show and nominated for numerous WMA.

That said, I do long for something in the UK. I also want the UK to treat him with the kudos he deserves, so I'm glad he has done what he has already done. That's my own opinion. I do not disrespect anyone who thinks differently.

:thumb_yello:

You do not understand as you haven't been in the same position so you have no idea what it is like to be called names every single day just because you were disappointed in this xfactor thing and vocal about it.

Furthermore this is also my writing style. I just call them like I see them and don't do sugarcoating.

And also, we are being called demanding but do realise that all posts saying it is not Mika's fault and we should trust him and have no right to be disappointed are just as worse yet nobody sees those as demanding or accussing as you all agree with it. I'm attacking no one. I'm stating my opinion and that is all.

But I'm done. I still get the feeling MFC is becoming this place where you can't say your real opinion if it is not necessarily in favour of Mika's choices. I'm not interested in that kind of environment to be honest.

Don`t say that ( MFC needs different opinions ! We all learn to respect other`s points of view . ( that was too sugarcoating for you, probably)

I still think that for us all there`s the point to agree with: Mika did good job for XF, the organizers and contestants should be proud with his participation.

Just one thing: how can you be so sure about the fact I've never been harassed, called names or anything similar?

I hope I'm wrong here and again it's a kind of impression :)

It predates Mika fandom by a couple of hundred years I'd say. My British boss's attitude towards bilingualism in Canadian business is "f*ck the French" (and yes that is an actual quote) and unlike every other business unit in our Canadian office, our correspondence to clients does not go out in French. You can think it's ridiculous if you want but it is what it is and has nothing to do with Mika fans being jealous of one another. And I can point you to some rants on Twitter by members of MFC calling non-French fans some pretty vile names and telling them to stay the f*ck out of France, so this is not a one-way issue.

Yeah, it was only a poor contribution of mine in this discussion, just a naughty one, I didn't think it should deserve a serious answer.

Irony is overrated.

Or maybe just mine :aah:

Ha no it is not overrated, just so sadly lacking here sometimes I don't recognize it anymore. My mistake! :blush-anim-cl::naughty: