MIKA to be Judge on XFactor 7 #XF7 Italia 2013

dcdeb

That news is unreliable ;) actually, I think all the judges will change next year: Morgan only stayed this year because of Mika, Elio was begged and begged and only signed the contract a few days before the auditions, and Simona always said she is not doing it if Morgan is not there. Marco Mengoni's name was just an assumption from the media, simply because he starred as a guest judge. But I've read a few interviews and he says this year he's making a new album and a new tour. :)

The same as Mika :wink2:

If someone is interested I saw this on twitter :wink2:

Marco Mengoni nuovo giudice di XFactor 8 - Elio e Mika abbandonano il talent

http://www.daringtodo.com/lang/it/2013/12/17/marco-mengoni-nuovo-giudice-di-x-factor-8-elio-e-mika-abbandonano-il-talent/

I think it's as much true as the article Deb posted some pages back saying it was confirmed :rolleyes: Just some statements and things interpretated in a special way and than presented as facts... Won't be the last article for sure claiming he will do it again or not, until the contracts are signed :mf_rosetinted:

I think journalists are stretching it out.

I read vanity fair interview about che tempo che fa and the article was a bit twisted, so I don't trust journalists. Besides won't he be busy with the voice in january?

He has said he is going to studio Jan-Feb, maybe that's what they are referring to. Well it's a long way until releasing the album...

Won't be the last article for sure claiming he will do it again or not, until the contracts are signed :mf_rosetinted:

Indeed. I really hope it doesn't go on until 10 minutes before the auditions start. :aah: I would like to see this resolved early next year.

So everything is totally open. Can you remember what time the news were officially announced last year?

Mika was the first official one, and so was Simona. Elio and Morgan were confirmed not long before the auditions began... I remember because I was desperately hoping Morgan would be there, while all the press was changing news everyday. My advice is not to rely on these online magazines and blogs that don't quote and don't give facts ;)

It certainly is not my intention to come across like that but I feel the same way about some others here as well. Sometimes I get the feeling that you're not allowed to say anything that is not what others feel like because then you are a hater and you don't support Mika. There are always 2 sides to every story. And I for one would never demand him to do anything. Had that been the case I wouldn't have stayed around while he was doing XFactor. Ido hope Nina that you know me better than that.

I do know you and I know you have been here from beginning and I don't expect you to go anywhere just because of X Factor :huglove: I'm just confused because there's always this "haters" & "blind supporters" pattern and I have no idea where it comes from. Maybe it has a history in some twitter conversations I don't follow at all :dunno: I guess I just find it really confusing.

I do know you and I know you have been here from beginning and I don't expect you to go anywhere just because of X Factor :huglove: I'm just confused because there's always this "haters" & "blind supporters" pattern and I have no idea where it comes from. Maybe it has a history in some twitter conversations I don't follow at all :dunno: I guess I just find it really confusing.

It is just the way I've been made to feel the moment this Xfactor **** began. So yes we get defensive. Or at least I do. I have been stalked and harassed over this subject so naturally I am going to be defensive regardless of me saying time after time that I want the best for him.

Actually, what I wanted to say, that I see the main reason why we disagree with Ingie and Christine. In fact, I became his fan not because of his music. I was listening LICM till i new it by heart, but still I wasn't crazy about Mika himself. So, only after I discovered his interviews and vlogs I fell in love. His personality is more important for me, not only his music. That's why if he ever choose to drop the music and became writer, designer or illustrator, I will follow him anyway.

I see we really all have different experiences and views. The same thing happened to me; I got LICM as soon as it was released in France and loved it but it's only when I randomly saw Mika on French news 2 years later that I became obsessed. So obviously his personality is the basis of my fandom. But I can't separate this from the fact that he is a musician and I could never say his personality is more important, it's just an added value at understanding his music better. It's just Mika the musician and I can't imagine it any other way. In fact I've never been a fan before Mika but I'm pretty sure I could only ever be a music fan, I have no interest in actors for example. Lol all that long novel to say I tend to agree more with Christine and Ingie as you mentioned them; and yet our fandom stories started the same way :wink2:

And there is this misconception that I only like him for his music.

Yes honestly, who would be in a forum like this one for so long and so frequently if we liked him just for the music?

It is just the way I've been made to feel the moment this Xfactor **** began. So yes we get defensive. Or at least I do. I have been stalked and harassed over this subject so naturally I am going to be defensive regardless of me saying time after time that I want the best for him.

I'm sure everyone here wants the best for him and I know we will all be disappointed if he confirms next season. And I would prefer not waiting until April or even longer for their announcement :aah:

I watched XF and enjoied it very much, not mainly the show itself of course but Mika in this show! I may say I'm glad he did it because I got the opportunity to know him better! It's a bit selfish, I know :aah:

I complained about his collab with Ariana, I showed my disagreement to him via twitter and FB (well, I'm sure he didn't notice it lol) and now I'm ashamed about it. Because the result is much better than I expected. I decided not to complain again in the future because I don't want to be the person who would spoil his mood about the decision he's satisfied about :) I prefer to say "Do it, time will show" :teehee: No, really!

Yes, I had a chance to see him from the different perspective during XF :thumb_yello: Even if he was aware of being under the camera eye all the time, I found out a lot of interesting things, that I had suspected but never expected :mf_rosetinted:

The whole experience was precious for me (as for a curious watchful fan), and I'm not afraid to seem selfish at all :wink2:

I hope so :aah:

I wouldn't mind against a new XF ... in 2016 perhaps :fisch: I will support him anyway but new music should be a priority :wink2: I'm sure music will always be his priority :thumb_yello:

These are good points, to me.

yes christine, but the problem is that he needs new clients ,because the millions who bought licm didn't go and buy tbwktm, for whatever reason. he didn't do side projects back then, at least no big ones that i'd remember. even less people bought ool, and the few of us who are left can't earn him a living. he concentrated on music and touring for years, and the sales dropped. xfactor brought him back in the charts in italy and made hundreds of fans queue for his signings, also something that hasn't happened since 2007. so although i agree with the point that he's less accessible to a lot of his long term fans if he concentrates on one or two countries and speaks their language instead of english, i think most of those millions who used to buy his music have turned away from him long ago for other reasons. :dunno:

This is why I think he's developing his other talents. He needs the people to know him, as well as money for himself, and his projects.

He should go back to the UK. Many people queued for the swatch signing. He still has a group of fans left. If he has the UK back in his hands he can go and do whatever he wants.

Yes I strongly agree with this point.

Well he said he got offers again from the UK so I hope that is true and works out.

Plus Universal or any record company never funds tours. That is not in their hands but in the hands of promoters. He needs to find good promoters to fund his tours not rely on the record company. And I know this because I was told by someone from Universal.

This is also true. He needs better people to do the job promoters are paid to do. I too hope with all my heart he takes up an offer in the UK. He really needs the UK. I'm sure he understands this, at least, I hope so. I'm hopeful about it.

Can't even remember who I wanted to quote so not quoting anyone, lol. Just wanted to say that I've always thought he doesn't need to explain and justify his decisions to his fans. Well of course I can't speak for anyone else but at least he doesn't owe any explanation to me. I don't even mind if he gives his standard answers in interviews because it really can't be so easy to always open up to every random journalist (especially if things didn't go as he originally planned, if he feels disappointed because of it or if he needs to gather his thoughts). Later, when he feels ready, he will share bits and pieces, maybe even write a blog like he did when recording TOOL (and it was very genuine, imo).

I've invested a lot in this singer, and not talking about money or my time but everything (thinking, emotions and a lot of effort to be able to see his shows) but his music has brought me so much inspiration and joy back that I feel the least I can do is to have faith in him, give him space to do his work and trust he is doing what is best in his current situation. People are not machines and we don't know what his real options are.

I don't try to twist anything, I can see some fans are not happy he is doing so much in Italy and after people complaining about France for years it can't be a surprise to him either but he needs to search his options and try to do the best possible decisions.

In my earlier post it may have come across that I'm not wanting him to be popular in Italy and France which is so far from the truth.

I want him to be popular in ALL countries, I am happy he is doing well in Italy and that he is getting new fans interested in his music, I hope that he can do this everywhere.

It's just that I think he can do it without appearing on these talent shows as a judge.

If he appears on them as the talented singer that we know he is, I could go with that, because then he is doing what is most amazing at.

I'm hoping that the new wave of fans in Italy, and any in France that see him on The Voice, are fans for his talent and not because he is the new pin up boy on tv, because we know he is so much more than that. This is what I wanted to get across earlier, but it seems I didn't say it very well.

Edited by RAK1

I'm hoping that the new wave of fans in Italy, and any in France that see him on The Voice, are fans for his talent and not because he is the new pin up boy on tv, because we know he is so much more than that.

This reminds me that I recently saw that the first show of The Voice last year was watched by 9.3 million ppl which is crazily huge for France.. It was #7 of most watched shows of 2013, only with some football matches, news and Enfoirés show ahead.

The Voice will attract him all kinds of fans for sure...

The Voice will attract him all kinds of fans for sure...

I think it will also reawaken his older fans. Sales of TOOL did not only drop off in the UK.

In regards to Mika/his personality of course I was drawn to his personality.

But no I am not going to invest my time watching him do all these things that are of no interest to me. Just like I don't ask my friends and family to set up webcams in their offices or classrooms, etc. so I can watch everything they do. Valuing someone's personality doesn't mean I need to devote my own energies into everything they are involved in. I really can't believe anyone relates to others in their real lives like this. It's not natural to substitute your own interests for someone else's no matter how much you like and appreciate them. (Maybe a mother will do this for her child but that is the only relationship where this makes sense to me.)

There have been a few people I've met over the years whose personality and interests are really in tune with Mika's. It's the reason they connected with him in the first place. But to expect people who aren't that similar to Mika to love everything he does simply because they love his personality is bizarre. I have spent my life being a music fan and am not going to pretend to be an art connoisseur or a film buff because someone I love decides they want to draw pictures or make cameos in French movies, for example.

Someone close to Mika once asked me what I thought of one of his shows in regards to the costumes, story, props, etc. and I said I didn't care about any of that and in fact I didn't even notice it. That I am mesmerized by Mika as a performer and all that stuff is simply a distraction. One day all that stuff was stripped away and we got a bare bones acoustic tour. So maybe Mika will find a way to balance all these sideshows with the 23-year-old eager puppy who used to cart his keyboard all over the world showing his amazing potential as a singer-songwriter. I guess we will see.

I really can't believe anyone relates to others in their real lives like this. It's not natural to substitute your own interests for someone else's no matter how much you like and appreciate them.

Dunno how about others, but I have time for everything, including Mika. For my family and playing with kids, for a lot of travelling, photography, studying languages and working, reading books and many other things (limited only by the lack of sleep). I wouldn't call it substitution :fisch: Mika is not narrowing my life and interests, he is adding a lot of new things to my interests and broadens my mind. Thanks to him I've learned a huge amount of things which sometimes helped me in the RL! :thumb_yello:

Dunno how about others, but I have time for everything, including Mika. For my family and playing with kids, for a lot of travelling, photography, studying languages and working, reading books and many other things (limited only by the lack of sleep). I wouldn't call it substitution :fisch: Mika is not narrowing my life and interests, he is adding a lot of new things to my interests and broadens my mind. Thanks to him I've learned a huge amount of things which sometimes helped me in the RL! :thumb_yello:

I just feel like my only contribution is to quote someone and say this is exactly how I feel...

But it is:wink2:

I understand how you feel, it's never easy being attacked for expression your point of you.

My only suggestion, for what it's worth, is to try to be carefull, all the people trying to bring an opinion different than yours on here are not stalkers or harassers... :thumb_yello:

I also didn't like him being a judge on XF. I think my lack of participation in this thread is a good indication. :fisch:

It's not about Italy, it's about the show. It could have been in my hometown & i still wouldn't be thrilled.

With "The Voice" coming up, i feel a little bit of excitement because i do like that show. And it doesn't hurt that i speak french :naughty:

But, i would still prefer if he concentrated on his music, because after all, that's what made me his fan.

I also didn't like him being a judge on XF. I think my lack of participation in this thread is a good indication. :fisch:

It's not about Italy, it's about the show. It could have been in my hometown & i still wouldn't be thrilled.

With "The Voice" coming up, i feel a little bit of excitement because i do like that show. And it doesn't hurt that i speak french :naughty:

But, i would still prefer if he concentrated on his music, because after all, that's what made me his fan.

That's what it is for me too, not liking the show.

I love Italy, going to the gig in Cattolica was a magical few days for me, it's a beautiful place.

I wouldn't call it substitution :fisch: Mika is not narrowing my life and interests, he is adding a lot of new things to my interests and broadens my mind.

If Mika wants to talk about astrophysics or philosophy perhaps he can teach me new things and broaden my mind. But we're talking about TV shows and watches, etc. I don't really need to look to a pop star to form my tastes on these things I've been exposed to since before he was born. He surely knows more about French cinema or literature than I do but there is a reason for that. I don't care enough about them to want to learn more or I would have done so of my own accord years ago. Just as I'm sure Mika will never care about web design software or biological anthropology or Canadian sketch comedy circa 1981.

I am grateful to Mika for bringing me together with his fans who have given me opportunities to see and do things I never would have otherwise though. And I like the fact that he has always surrounded himself with good people.

Shall we make a bet how many of those random Italians who queued for his signing will still be around a year from now? Yes he gained some fans but the majority of those people gave zero f*cks about his music and only cared about his celebrity status. These are not going to be the people buying his albums. Haven't you heard about the lady who returned the songbook cd after she didn't get to meet him? I'm sure she is not the only one who doesn't care about his music.

No matter how much you twist or spin this, if you want to get new fans and regain popularity, Italy is not the country you should go looking for it.

He should go back to the UK. Many people queued for the swatch signing. He still has a group of fans left. If he has the UK back in his hands he can go and do whatever he wants but Italy makes zero sense.

That's why the platinum for Stardust, he succeeded to sign and meet so many people :naughty:

That's why the platinum for Stardust, he succeeded to sign and meet so many people :naughty:

So that's what? 60,000 copies of a single worldwide? That doesn't sound like a proportionate return on an investment of that many months of almost daily promotion. Not for someone with Mika's history of global sales.